The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mk1 caddy quick project (hopefuly)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 23:56
Aye it's all sorted now, I put the wrong threaded bolt into it and sheard it off, thing was it was a stainless bolt so not good at all, but it has been sorted now this last day was the longest woke at 9 yesterday morning did work on the Caddy, worked a 12 hour shift came home and sorted it all out 28.5 hours beforeiI got to bed!!

The wheels are out slightly because the bolts Wernt in all the way but they're off now for spraying :)

Sorry mate this one has sent me grey I swear it!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 13:36
well i got back off holiday and the spray bloke had been but guess what.... disaster 

it was sprayed in about 50 degrees centigrade and the paint had blistered and peeled everywhere :'( so out came the DA and the 800 grade to take it back 

so disheartening 

on the plus side some progress on my front bumper and indicators ... 

all masked up (again ) ready for some paint 

think i need to get some of this stuff on the caddy ( this aint even all of it!!) 

this also tuned up today, going to go a slightly different route than the norm to try and maximise cooling for the GTD updates on that to follow!

well last night at around 20:00 the green house cooled enough for spray although we ran out of light so we didnt get to lacquer .. so today its going to get 2000 grade flatted , another top coat and then lacquered 

i think it looks pretty cool matt metalic ;) ..... any way hopefully by the end of the week i can post a lot more progress!  
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 17:30
oooh pretty! you'll get me all excited and i'll end up finishing the caddy before the doka!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 20:43
Looks great mate.
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 21:08
Cheers guys :) and get your bloody arse into gear and get it done! Here's some more pics to wet the appetite.....

Second base coat....

Lacquer........

Only a quick few photos will take some propped one's on Thursday after it has been flatted and polished there are a few flys but nor bad for being sprayed in a dusty green house :)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 13 at 15:32
little update 

filled it with 10 ltrs of waxoyl 

how she's sitting at the minute .... 

not liking the de badge grill if i am honest so if any one has a decent chrome one drop us a pm ;) 

more to follow! 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 13 at 15:34

also had a problem with my door handles turns out they are mk1 roccos ones, :/ back to the drawing board there ! 
Tee4 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'm not indecisive,or am I?You bet I am!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 13 at 14:23
You can swap the inner parts over on door handles. There is a screw that holds the lever in. I have taken them apart a few times when putting rear door handles on passenger doors to delock them

surf dude View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surf dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 13 at 21:22
Looking very nice,  do love a Caddy Big smile
Too many projects..... Not enough time!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 13 at 23:27
Cheers mate! ..... Tee4 - unfortunately you cannot swap the mechanism over as the metal ones are fixed in without a screwits just not possible :( but have sorted a new set now :)

Interior up date!!

Got some sound deadening in and sorted!

Got 40 sq ft in there so hopefully it will be a bite quieter!

Got me carpets in they go up to the top of the b pillar, there are a few imperfections here and there but for a first attempt not bad!

The headliner is in too although it ain't very clear in those photos, made in black vinyl by gggti looks absolutely brilliant! Got one crease in it when fitting the Windows but I am gonna try and get this out some point this week.

Glass in, starting to look like a car again now!

Cooling sorted, mk2 golf GTD rad made to fit with and 8 and a 10 inch slim line fan front mounted due to my intercooler location (next update)

And last but not least.......

Much better :) tis coming together now finally!

Tee4 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'm not indecisive,or am I?You bet I am!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 13 at 08:04
Looking very nice

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 13 at 23:55
Cheers mate!

right I know it's been a bit of time since I have updated but I have been busy with it so some photos!

got me interior about sorted, door cards another gggti special! some cheapo window cranks that have been bent to clear the speakers and some golf arm rests... along with me bench seat, sound install and gauges :)

seat base is put because I still need to extend my seat belt retainers

tried to recover my dash, I gave up and drove to your for a new one!!

front indicators in, resistors in and now flashing correctly cheers MLBV!

're stone chipped the bed

exhaust system officially done! 2.5 stainless front to back with a 18 inch silencer half way down

and finally engine all piped and wired. inter cooler in place.... would have had it started but the fuel filter housing was drawing in air so that is the next job :(

brakes have been bled in the tyres are on the wheels.... it has been a big push trying to get it done for RR but I have just fell short :(

left to do is-
wheels on
tracking
camber
lift the front slightly
extend the seatbelt retainers
other side checker on
bleed and run engine
sort gear positioning
little bits of trim

mot...... soon hopefully although it will be slow progress for the next couple of weeks but then I shwould be back on it!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 13 at 16:58
Sorted some front grills out but what do you think, keep them silver or spray them black??

mattichoppa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattichoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 13 at 18:12
BLACK!
CURRENTLY THE PROUD OWNER OF A VERY BIEGE VERY CRISPY SHED WITH A NON-RUNNER AAZ INSIDE. 1983 VINTAGE!
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 13 at 19:35
Black with red stripe.
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 13 at 12:44
Cheers guys!! :) yeah black was my opinion sorting them tonight :)

Quick wheel shot

mattichoppa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattichoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 13 at 20:50
What about the grills in an anodised blue? With the beauty rims and the smoked head lamps might be a good look!
CURRENTLY THE PROUD OWNER OF A VERY BIEGE VERY CRISPY SHED WITH A NON-RUNNER AAZ INSIDE. 1983 VINTAGE!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 13 at 04:25
Yeah wouldn't be too bad but that would mean having to buy paint for two tiny grills so I think black it is :) good suggestion though
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 13 at 17:44
Rears on......

surf dude View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surf dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 13 at 11:41
Looking goooooooood loving the the blue.
Too many projects..... Not enough time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>