The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mk1 caddy quick project (hopefuly)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 12 at 18:31
well finally made abit of progress

photos are crap as my phone is knackered again so i have to use a camera from the stone age untill it is fixed :)

shultzed

axle on .... fliped it the right way need to jack it up fit the fuel tank , fuel lines, brake lines and compensator and the spare wheel.

moved it to its new winter home/ spray booth. :)

got the dent in the side pulled out and a skim off filler from when i rolled it onto a tyre..

door sorted too.

also completly stripped the interior .. screen out managed to smash that! dash out ect .... all the wiring out the engine bay ready to blast and prep that..

next jobs to do ...
schultz the sills and front arches ...
finish underside fuel tank lines ect ...
blast the engine bay and get it sprayed ...
then assemble the front suspention ...

hopefully make some quicker progress now it is inside although i have a fair bit of work on this month so we shall see 
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 12 at 18:52
....and this was a 'quick' project ? Bugger me I'd love to see one where you do a proper Job ! Tongue
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 12 at 19:22
Originally posted by traversd traversd wrote:

....and this was a 'quick' project ? Bugger me I'd love to see one where you do a proper Job ! Tongue

dont, seriously just no!! it was ment to be a bloody quick one untill i found the state it was in, so i thought might as well do it properly. oh well Smile
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 12 at 19:44
thinking of making a rotisserie to do my underside. theres enough ripples down my panels without throwing it on tyres! LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 12 at 22:26
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

thinking of making a rotisserie to do my underside. theres enough ripples down my panels without throwing it on tyres! LOL

well i didnt plan on denting it !! to be fair we then flipped it onto a matress it has been flipped at least 10 times now and not a mark other than the first time but hey live from your mistakes! ... but a frame would be the best way indeedSmile
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 12 at 21:04
well christmas out the way got a few bits off me parents brother and girlfriend for me caddy

stainless dash vents
door pins
inner door handles
hood lifters
window winders
cl chin spoiler
manual boost controler
and an alarm central locking kit :)

with christmas out the way and trade slowing down for the next few weeks we have managed to get a few bits done let the pictures do the talking

(just need to finish these off and tidy them up )

finished striping the engine bay out

got the bed and the bay blasted

few more repairs to do

all primered up in the bed and the bay

pulled a few of the big dents and sanded andfilled where needed

all schutz'd up

sorry for the mass amount of pictures :) should have another up date shortly.
cheers :D 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 13 at 18:32
just a small update :

got it jacked up to work on

arches and cills shultz'd

few engine bits painted up

patch in the front vallence

cut the front pannels cut out get some air around the GTD :)

right finished

wing mount points on need to do the same to both the wings

got finished around the window (didnt get a finished picture just half)

drivers door patched

also sourced a mk2 16v master cylinder and servo for the brake upgrade

soon to get on with the flatting back of the body :( oh how fun ....

target : have the engine bay sprayed front pannel stone chiped and front suspension on and down on 4 wheels 2 weeks today .... we will see. 

Edited by nicko868 - 06 Jan 13 at 18:34
pslot View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pslot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 13 at 14:23

looking good, i remeber doing all this to my caddy, looking forward to seeing it finnished

Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 13 at 19:28
Looking much better now mate.
I taste Hurty!
pslot View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pslot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 13 at 21:56

bit of inspiration for you, heres mine almost finished , keep up the good work buddy
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 13 at 13:53
Cheers for the comments guys :) have made a bit more progress but forgot to up date :) will get some more done this weekend hopefully and update it abit
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 13 at 13:54
And real nice looking caddy mate :)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 13 at 20:37
well finally getting round to up date again , not got to the stage i wanted to but have got a bit done. hopefully start a new job on the 18th so it will be all hands to the pump untill then to try and get as much done as possible.

the pictures ...
first atempt at stone chip

it ran so i had to spend the next two days flatting it back Cry

sorted primed and stone chipped

rot cut out in the b pillar and repaired

built a little shelter to stop the water dripping from the roof.

got rubbed down round the doors :)

then moved onto the bench seat and hand brake.

(not fully attached in in the last photo but you get the idea :).

extended my 4 spd linkage to 5 spd.

last plate welded round the window.

and got abit of primering done :) , hopefully will be able to make some more progress over the next 2 weeks and i promise my next up date wont be so picture heavy :) 
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 13 at 21:22
Keep those pics coming mate. We all love em.
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 13 at 19:07
only a quick up date had a day of preping bits for paint and getting abit of colour on a few bits :)

quick dusting inside the cab

calipers sprayed

few other engine bits, mounts and servo sprayed, thats all the straight black done now need to spray me silver bits :)

got me a tailgate last night so got that preped and the light pods preped too need to work on the doors, bonnet, and wings before the weekend:) 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 13 at 19:10

also need to look at doing something like this with me gear stick so i can still change gear :)

Edited by nicko868 - 05 Feb 13 at 19:13
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 13 at 22:50
quick update got some colour on the engine bay ( the build up can begin :D)

From a far.....

Close up....

(changes in different light)

Wha'cha think? :)
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 13 at 15:19
Noice !   That gearstick looks mental!
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 13 at 18:47
Cheers dude yeah it dose look pretty good I am gonna get a peice of bar, hot it up and try and do some thing similar :)

Any way had quite a busy weekend got me dad's mates big diesel compressor in so I could get on with rubbing down and what not :)

Sills all stonechipped

Got the body the doors the tail gate the wings light pods and bonnet all flatted back now I have to start Gping over it sorting out the little dings! Me brother is gonna give me a hand with that as he is quite good at that sort of thing :)

Also got all the wiring and cables back in the engine bay along with the steering rack wish bones and brake set up on but I forgot to take a photo :)

I am having troubles with the m/c upgrade though I am not sure where I am going wrong I need to put pressure on the m/c to be able to bolt it in but that will mean the brakes are always on I have taken the servo back out and it is still the same can any one help?

Also managed to pick up a stainless bumper we are Going to adapt to fit..... Sneak peak....

Bracket cut down to size just need to drill it to fit, will reveal more where it gets done.......

And finally.... recived my new door cards the other day look awesome cheers gggti :D look ace with me speakers!

And that concludes another episode of caddy crisis, tune in next time folks! :)
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 13 at 19:32
theres a spacer missing off the m/c....... whatever sits past the bolted shoulder on the top one needs to be the same on the bottom one.
its like youre braking already as your compressing the m/c to make it fit!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>