FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mk1 caddy quick project (hopefuly)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 13 at 15:34

also had a problem with my door handles turns out they are mk1 roccos ones, :/ back to the drawing board there ! 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 13 at 15:32
little update 

filled it with 10 ltrs of waxoyl 

how she's sitting at the minute .... 

not liking the de badge grill if i am honest so if any one has a decent chrome one drop us a pm ;) 

more to follow! 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 21:08
Cheers guys :) and get your bloody arse into gear and get it done! Here's some more pics to wet the appetite.....

Second base coat....

Lacquer........

Only a quick few photos will take some propped one's on Thursday after it has been flatted and polished there are a few flys but nor bad for being sprayed in a dusty green house :)
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 20:43
Looks great mate.
I taste Hurty!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 17:30
oooh pretty! you'll get me all excited and i'll end up finishing the caddy before the doka!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 13:36
well i got back off holiday and the spray bloke had been but guess what.... disaster 

it was sprayed in about 50 degrees centigrade and the paint had blistered and peeled everywhere :'( so out came the DA and the 800 grade to take it back 

so disheartening 

on the plus side some progress on my front bumper and indicators ... 

all masked up (again ) ready for some paint 

think i need to get some of this stuff on the caddy ( this aint even all of it!!) 

this also tuned up today, going to go a slightly different route than the norm to try and maximise cooling for the GTD updates on that to follow!

well last night at around 20:00 the green house cooled enough for spray although we ran out of light so we didnt get to lacquer .. so today its going to get 2000 grade flatted , another top coat and then lacquered 

i think it looks pretty cool matt metalic ;) ..... any way hopefully by the end of the week i can post a lot more progress!  
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 23:56
Aye it's all sorted now, I put the wrong threaded bolt into it and sheard it off, thing was it was a stainless bolt so not good at all, but it has been sorted now this last day was the longest woke at 9 yesterday morning did work on the Caddy, worked a 12 hour shift came home and sorted it all out 28.5 hours beforeiI got to bed!!

The wheels are out slightly because the bolts Wernt in all the way but they're off now for spraying :)

Sorry mate this one has sent me grey I swear it!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 17:25
is that pic your bonnet? what happened to it? and your wheels on the rear look like they lean out at the top? camera trickery? looking good fella! wana come finish mine after?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 02:51
Well after a long painful few days I am ready! Just a bit of priming to do tommrow and it is ready for paint Saturday!! Been up since 9 doing it and won't get to bed till about 10 this morning due to a night shift! Bloody knackered but hopefully it will be worth it

Also my silencer and flexi turned up today....

Won't be updaring for the next week as I am jetting of for the week but will update when I return!

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 13 at 21:49
Well it was going to be sprayed this Saturday but then this happened

I have too much now to sort before Saturday and the next free date the sprayer has is 3-4 weeks time :(
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 13 at 16:07
well its been far too long!

have been rather busy with work, plus only doing bits on the caddy and not taking my phone down most of the time i have not been able to update so this is quite picture heavy... any way- 

body work 99.9% there just the niggly little bits to do 

spent about a billion hours on this thing!

need to sort this thing out, having issues with stutting the bloody tailgate!!! sake! 

got all the little pocks/ scratches filled and re primed 

flange made for my exhaust 

bought a GTD rad to try and keep the lump cool... next stop trying to fit it

got my wheels back from the banders got a 1.5 inch to the back and just standard on the front 

7j rear 5.5j fronts 

got them done at AC fabrications propper quality work. 

and finially , a bit of colour!! ....

more to come ! hopefully have it in full paint in the next couple of weeks before i go away in july. will keep it better up dated in future so its not such a big chunk! 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 22:11
yeah i suppose so, have power steering, and a south african round lamp grill, but the other bits would be nice ! bu that is a bridge to cross when i get there
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 21:51
I'm talking all the nice bits like electric windows, mirrors, power steering, planks, big bumpers, as grills, square lights. Trust me, the pursuit for Gucci van bits will never stop!
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 21:47
i have more or less all of the bits to finish it, bar a few little things, even all the repair pannels, just its rotten as an apple
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 21:00
I'd say find a rotten high spec one. At least then you'll have all the Gucci bits, otherwise you'll spend a fortune on eBay! Plus it will be worth more when its done.
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 20:56
Originally posted by Gtavalanche Gtavalanche wrote:

Its looking awesome mate. When's the van getting some love?

cheers dude :), well the vans a bit of a sore subject, this was supposed to be a quick thing to put on the road and use as a daily whilst the van was being done, but as you can see as perusal it turned out more, i am wanting to get back on the van but i dont know if it is worth it i mean it is pretty damn rotten like proppa knackered :/ so i have got to think do i want to spend the time doing it , or scrap it and find a half decent one ? ...... but i have noticed in the last 12 months the price of them has reslly gone up, makes me think i should do mine, ah i dont know, we will see when i have got this done !
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 20:09
Its looking awesome mate. When's the van getting some love?
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 19:32

Right moved the engine over to the Caddy, bloody heavy pig that was! 

After about an hour or so and abit of blue air the engine was in and with only one casualty

I have since masked it off rubed it down and blown it in... 

Finally down onto 4 wheels!!! 

Guess there was no more tip toeing round it I had to get on with the body work :(

The corner that was stitched it

Filling and priming and priming and filling and knocking the dents out and filling and rubbing and priming sake! How can anyone enjoy this bit?  Not even half way yet!  :(

Numberplate mounted and lights sorted :)

And just a couple of extra shots,  starting to make a bit of progress now!  not gonna get much done in the next week or so as I am flat out with work but hopefully it will keep rolling now!        

Edited by nicko868 - 21 Apr 13 at 19:43
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 13 at 17:14
Well not got a massive amount of progress done at all with starting my new job I have not had chance to do alot, but have done abit

Got me gear stick modded just need a thread tapping on top and then iI can start work on the top :)

Been busy flattening back the body still filling and flatting, I hate that job though so I keep avoiding it :/ ....

Also got that rear quater stitched in will get a photo of that soon...

Got a few more goodies!! Love payday! And the missus bought me some pressed plates :D

And been slowly piecing the jigsaw of an engine back together, starting to look like something, although all four injectors were knackered so they are in for rebuild :(

Again that's all for the time being!! Need to pull my finger out abit!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 13 at 21:36
Well started a new job a couple of weeks ago so progress has been very slow to say the least,. Couple of pics though....

Front suspension back together drive shafts in and stuff.

Brake servo problem sorted out, just plumbing in now with t peices for the pressure switches

Wings and doors premiered although I have now found a mint passenger door so I need to get that primed and ready for paint

Got the rear corner cut out too as it was fucked. Had a dent in the corner and a dodgey repair right in the swage line

And the pannel that will be going back in, much better :)

Got this weekend off so will hopefully get on with a bit on the caddy then and going to the Lincoln camper day too :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>