The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best type of locking bolts to use on my t3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2020mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best type of locking bolts to use on my t3
    Posted: 17 Apr 12 at 16:47
Hi wondered if anyone on here could reccomend a decent brand of locking radius bolts to protect my wheeels and tyres please.
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 12 at 17:16
Try Brickwerks (logo top right) if he sells it then is generally good clobber ...
http://www.fosterandday.co.uk
BobbyH View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 12 at 19:35
Yep McGard from Brickwerks.
1989 1.9DG Devon/homebrew Waterboxer
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 06:44
Originally posted by BobbyH BobbyH wrote:

Yep McGard from Brickwerks.

Seconded.
I've got a set - they work.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 22:28
Unfortunately the radius nuts by McGards are only available as open ended, gold coloured items with a black plastic cap whereas the tapered version they do are a nice closed, chrome item. I've been in touch with McGards directly and that's the only version they do - just a bit awkward if your nuts are deep set (ooer!)
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 12 at 15:48
I'm also on the lookout for a set of 4 black caps for those nuts as I am slowly losing them

Mcgard (crap) website lists then as 70004 but nobody seems to sell them other than the yank mcgard shop
BobbyH View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 12 at 19:12
Mine aren't gold coloured but they are open ended with the black caps.
1989 1.9DG Devon/homebrew Waterboxer
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 12 at 12:01

My mcgard open ended bolts are gold coloured but the caps are black

Can't find anywhere that sells replacement caps though

the mcgard number is 70004 for a set of 4 black caps Cry
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 12 at 20:57
If you email mcgards through their site and state you're in the uk they fwd it to their european office in germany... Who tell you top go to halfords. Halfords winny stock the black caps BUT they will be able to order them from mcgards for you since they're an approved stockist.
Ebay germany has a few sets of locking nuts and bolts for T3s if you don't have the stud conversion
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 12 at 21:29
Originally posted by cruz cruz wrote:

My mcgard open ended bolts are gold coloured but the caps are black

Can't find anywhere that sells replacement caps though

the mcgard number is 70004 for a set of 4 black caps Cry

Pfff... packs of em on the shelf at work...

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 12 at 21:33
Originally posted by chris7ian chris7ian wrote:

Unfortunately the radius nuts by McGards are only available as open ended, gold coloured items with a black plastic cap whereas the tapered version they do are a nice closed, chrome item. I've been in touch with McGards directly and that's the only version they do - just a bit awkward if your nuts are deep set (ooer!)

The tapered and radiused nuts we have are both open. the weirdness is that the radiused ones come with caps, but the tapered dont. Thats why we have caps so sell with the tapered ones if people want them.

"Chrome" caps are also in the catalogue, but they look a bit shat.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply