The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for fitting the B Pillar Decals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diviy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for fitting the B Pillar Decals
    Posted: 16 Apr 12 at 23:39
Had a set of these is it the normal soapy water and squeege method to fit same as normal decals then hot air gun?
diviy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diviy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 12 at 20:28
The tip is dont use a company calley Brown stickers received them tried to fit on wrong cut way to  big dont stick in other words fecking shit plus tried ringing and sending email no fecking reply except for one saying have i cleaned the panel FFS £20.00 down the drain TOSSERS
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 12 at 20:45
i used dans stickers, they were fine.

i had my mate who signwrites to put em on.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

diviy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diviy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 12 at 21:49
I can do window tinting been fitting decals for years a mate run a sign writers buisness and  showed me.  These are the first ones I have had any problem with more pissed off they wont answer phone or reply to email.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 12 at 22:03
well dan is a member on here, look for dknight
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

DKnight View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 12 at 15:49
ha only just seen this post, we reply to all our emails and operate through emails as everything is logged then depending who pics up the emails.

So you fitted them wrong and you are a little angry?

the first set i ever fitted was on the brickwerks van and years later they are still on and fit fine

for reference we replied to every one of your emails, we even had communication so saying we did not reply is just a lie.
You even opened a paypal dispute and we had communication there and it closed as you did not reply?

BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 12 at 18:36
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

i used dans stickers, they were fine.

i had my mate who signwrites to put em on.

As above fitted some from brownlickers on my previous van.
No problems .
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 12 at 18:43
Originally posted by divvy divvy wrote:

I can do window tinting been fitting decals for years a mate run a sign writers buisness and  showed me.  These are the first ones I have had any problem with more pissed off they wont answer phone or reply to email.

Originally posted by divvy divvy wrote:

Had a set of these is it the normal soapy water and squeege method to fit same as normal decals then hot air gun?

So your mate no longer has a vinyl decal fitting business ?
Appen that's why , he showed you how to fuck them up..

Edited by BANANABUS - 29 Aug 12 at 18:45
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

steve padda View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve padda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 12 at 22:08
used a set from Dan , no issues and it was the first set i had ever put on a van
do not understand the need for water  ?? you just peel backing and stick
Smile
DKnight View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 12 at 12:17
yeah we never use water to fit them, it makes it easier so you can float vinyl into place. But in this instance with the b pillar decals it is a big no no as the water sits on the window rubbers and can pull dirt up from under the rubber and then gets under the vinyl.

The vinyl is hard wearing and very easy to work with, the key we find is locate them with masking tape and then reveal about 1cm of the top, by folding the backing on itself.

Then locate and then with a soft edge apply the vinyl down, putting a slight bit of pressure on, always monitor the location of the bottom so you do not stretch too much, once near bottom (about 10cm away) if needed you can stretch it into place and it does not effect the vinyl.

Saying they are not sticky, again is down to fitment. It is unfortunate but if they were not sticky then all of the stickers we produce on the vinyl would not be sticky.

I checked back at this sale in particular and you just never replied or listened to anything we said to help the problems. What more can we really do?
diviy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diviy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 12 at 12:53
I have just check all my emails only only ones on record are from paypal and the reason I did not continue paypal dispute was you did send me another set that were a different cut.I APOLOGISE for not replying and saying on the forum it has just been one of those years health wise apologies  again.

Regards Gerry
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 12 at 13:34
can I blame Eric?
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply