FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rowlesys crap caddy build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 18:34
Fuck this is the one i nearly bought from here!
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 18:26
The seats look in good nick at least Thumbs Up
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 17:11
ahh yes! finally started work on that eyesore thats been in the corner of my unit for about a month. crap description off seller coupled with me buying it in the dark didn't help matters! scotty's face was a picture when we rolled it into the light of the unit!!! LOL "you'll always get your money back kid on ebay?" anyway since arranging to pick the caddy up and getting fucked about a bit i started to browse the forums for some ideas of what to do to it! (hadn't even picked the fucker up yet let alone seen it in the flesh!) so had all these big ideas and then saw it in the light! fuck it stick it in the corner and i'll do some research on what you can/can't get parts and panel wise......................that was about a month ago!

so today i decide to strip the beast to see if there was owt else that was rotten or dented that i didn't know about yet!

pictures...........

on a good note it came with a lot of spares! some good some fit for the bin!

so spent an age getting the bastard cunty fucking bumper things off the back! then as it was in the air i thought i'd drop the tank exhaust and spare wheel carrier and have a poke around underneath and to be fair theres not much to do under there! a little bit infront of the nsr wheel and thats it! the mud and crap has added a layer of extra protection! Wink

so once i was done underneath i dropped her back on the floor and took off anything i could! and so gained a little pile!

followed shortly by the engine vacating it spot! i spent about 45mins less taking the engine out than it did to get the bumper things off i kid you not!

now seller told me it was over heating and it was chucking out water but it wasn't because it was hot? it was because some dickhead glued the sender in the expansion bottle and it had split! LOL anyway a good clean and degrease and its going back in! hopefully with a 5 speed box oh and a new cable as this one is frayed at the top!

pulled screen only to find a little surface rust so chuffed with that!

pulled rear screen and only found one hole!

and the bed is starting to fill up with crap too! only big stuff tho as anything small drops through the holes!!

so now theres nowt else i can take off it just a rolling shell until i can sort out my bent panels......

for the dents which the bad ones are down the nearside so some numpty couldn't drive! i'm gunna cut the panels out - straighten em out - and weld em back in! fingers crossed on that one! the front is guna get cut and remade as its bent the cross member and the inner wing a little and the sill is guna get the same treatment too cut-straight-weld! then i have a few little rust spots to sort then its tidy time! i'm not after a show truck just summat that looks half respectable that i can still throw my crap in without worrying about damaging the bed (which will be done last!)

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234