The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thieving Pikeys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thieving Pikeys
    Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:09

I own a T3 crew cab which is on my drive. At lunch time a pikey in a suit calls and tries to sell me a new drive, I decline but as he leaves he has a look at the crew cab.

Two hours later 3 pikeys in a car turn up. They ask to buy the” beautiful” crew cab. I tell them that it is not for sale. They tell me that everything has a price, I reiterate that it is not for sale. They offer me £ 1000, I laugh and tell them once more that it is not for sale, they drive off at speed.

I can’t help but think they will be back.

The crew cab is often left on the drive when no one is in the house. Whilst I can remove the rotor arm or the battery, anybody got any idea what I can do to stop it being taken?

Cheers Jim

jurasik View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jurasik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:12
Take the wheels off. Make it really hard for them. Maybe even chain it somehow to the house?
No Matter where you go, there you are.
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:18
It depends how far you want to go, I doubt they would bring a rotor arm with them and it could take some time to find.

I used to have a switch on the feed to the ignition coil.

You could also look into putting a cut off tap or solenoid valve in the fuel supply, the advantage is they can start it, but not go far before the fuel in the system runs out, so it is then abandon and run time for them!

I found 2 of the little b******ds in my garage over christmas, it has left me paranoid about leaving anything anywere, its a horrible feeling.

Good luck.

Steve
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:22
Cheers Jurasik. Thought about chaining it to the drive but it would be difficult to get an effective anchor point. Taking the wheels off is a massive inconvenience.
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:24
whoops

Edited by Sunny Jim - 14 Jan 12 at 20:10
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:25
If you aren't using it for a while, a wasps nest up under the dash should prevent it from being taken.
Poo IS funny.
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:32
Thanks for the ideas Steve.I dont understand what the pikeys interest is in the vehicle,unless it is to break it for parts. My worry is that they will just push it off the drive and tow it away.
cinimod View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinimod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:35
Originally posted by Sunny Jim Sunny Jim wrote:

Thanks for the ideas Steve.I dont understand what the pikeys interest is in the vehicle,unless it is to break it for parts. My worry is that they will just push it off the drive and tow it away.

The problem with didlows is they always want it more when you dont want to sell it or if it isnt theirs!!
Can you park anything in front of it or move it so difficult to get out?
90 westy cali pop(sold)

Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:35
I think it's Too cold at the moment for wasps Tony
Maybe a polar bear but theyre hard to catch.
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:42

The problem with didlows is they always want it more when you dont want to sell it or if it isnt theirs!!
Can you park anything in front of it or move it so difficult to get out?
[/QUOTE]

It is difficult to get out but not impossible. A breeze i'm sure for any brazen pikey, probably in daylight too.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 18:44
can you sink a post into your drive? a pop up one...and also a big chain/shackles etc round the steering or wheels will slow em down, and put it on full lock so it cant be pushed out or towed too easy
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 19:39
Wheel clamp (one that doesnt allow access to the wheelnuts), chain round the steering wheel and remove some absolutely necessary mechanical part

I would also leave a polar bear in the front seat equipped with an AK-47 firing a mixture of wasps and bullets

That should do it

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Diablodub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
mehcedes...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablodub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 19:51
Park it somewhere else
brick-yard splitters breakaway judean peoples front cheesy toss wank - Member No 1
07974 787780 - Stu

Sunny Stockport-Cheshire

younger View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 19:52
remove the steering wheel that will fuck them up Ermm
1988 multivan magnum
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:26
move to a nicer area?
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:36
Originally posted by younger younger wrote:

remove the steering wheel that will fuck them up Ermm

Seems like a good idea Clap Thanks

Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:40
Originally posted by mrhutch mrhutch wrote:

move to a nicer area?

Very Helpful Confused

Presumably there are no pikeys in your area Wink
stardog champion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardog champion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:45
stick a caravan in front of it,once they see that the they will forget all about the crewcab
Surfrider View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surfrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:51
Originally posted by stardog champion stardog champion wrote:

stick a caravan in front of it,once they see that the they will forget all about the crewcab

Don't do that. They'll think its the latest new camp! Before you know it there will be ginger kids running everywhere and tranny trucks n mercedes everywhere.
I BOOKED MY TICKET TO HELL ALONG TIME AGO.
tim View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:53

maybe you could take off the rotor arm but as a added deterent why not try putting a lock on the engine lid

they will never fit another even if they were clever enough to bring a spare.
lambretta lover but there is room for the t3
1981 2lt aircooled passion wagon
MAY YOU RUST IN PIECES.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/timwatson1/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>