The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo oil feed pressure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 18:07
There should be no need for an additional oil cooler for an AFN other than the one on oil filter housing.
Oil of that oil can only cause problems in the long run. A well set up TDI will never get hot enough to need additional oil cooling.
I think 4.5 litres is the std fill for a JX sump.

Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
ninja.turtle007 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninja.turtle007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 18:20
What about when driving through sand etc? I have the oil cooler with a 110c stat.
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 18:30
I already had  fitted mine for aaz use so just kept it on. Needed to to swap out the afn " on board"cooler for a 1Z as the take off plate wouldn`t fit in.  
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 21:01
Im still using the AFN dipstick.

I fitted the engine and added 4.5l of oil - oil cooler would already have had oil in as I didnt drain it.
Oil just touched the bottom of the dipstick when clap cold.
I intended to shorted the dipstick tube by the correct amount to give me a true reading... although i may have to rethink if its going to use a bit of oil otherwise I'll soon get tired of lifting the mattress, carpet, and lid to check it.
I was spoilt by my AAZ... last time I checked the oil was in August when we went to Scotland and just before I removed it it was just below max... wouldnt even have bothered topping it up...

Oh... oil cooler. Just under a litre extra I reckon, but really after the first fill up it shouldnt matter as the cooler is almost impossible to drain without forcing the oil out.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 21:03
I must admit, I toyed with the idea of removing the cooler, but im just going to swap the waxstat for a 110 degree one.

That way its getting the protection if it needs it, but not overcooling when it doesnt.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123