The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.5TDI vacuum pump seal replacement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langb20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.5TDI vacuum pump seal replacement?
    Posted: 03 Jan 12 at 14:04
When doing some checks into why the turbo boost is slow in picking up (requires>1800rpm), I have found a split seal/grommit at the vac. pump on my brother's 2.5TDI van, it seals the hard plastic pipe that goes over to the brake servo (and other vac. actuator bits n bobs), but VW don't supply the replacement part Cry
The rubber grommit is apparently part of the actual pump itself (£400+VAT Shocked part # 070145209J) Does anybody have an idea what non-genuine parts manufacturer would supply this rubber piece seperately? I don't know where to start as usually the fiddly little bits I get from my commercial VW centre that normally has everything I need.
Any leads much appreciated
Brent 
'82 1Z camper project
langb20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langb20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 21:40
Now with pics, still no news on where to get one of these blighters, note to all ya'll - take care when pulling this off (oooer)

any tips?
Cheers,
'82 1Z camper project
guy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 12 at 00:16
Oooh thats interesting, I had exactly the same issue with mine recently.
All I did was clean and clean and clean with brake cleaner and carefully stick it back together with superglue and insert it into the plastic hose smearing a little grease on the vacuum outlet on the pump then wobble the pipe back on carefully.

As to where you find a new, one god alone knows.
I'm surprised you dont have to buy the vacumm pipe to the servo to get it.

Let me know if you get a result.
You don't need eyes to see it, you need vision.
langb20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langb20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 12 at 09:57
unfortunately tried that, took a lifetime of explanation as to my problem with VW so I emailed them pictures and they ordered the vacuum pipe (£22) but when it arrived the grommet was nowhere to be seen, then they figured it was part of the pump (£400). Strange how there's no part number for it.
VW's suggestion was to find a scrappies!? My thinking is that good 'ol VW use the same bits on plenty of their vehicles so there must be the same part somewhere else (hopefully with a part number that can be ordered)
Till then I will have to do as you've had to and glue it back together carefully and hope it holds till something better comes along
Cheers
'82 1Z camper project
guy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 12 at 19:22

Well Theres only one word I can think of that apt.

ARSES !!

I'll keep looking for a solution too as I'm not really happy with it being glued.
I think they get torn when you shove the pipe back in, I found that if you give it a smear of grease and wobble it on it just slips in like it grew there. I think I tore it with shear brute force !!!
You don't need eyes to see it, you need vision.
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 12 at 17:16
Could you not remove the fitting off the end of the hard plastic pipe
Then fit a short piece of tube to the spigot on the pump
Then a plastic elbow like this one (dunno if its the right size) onto that short tube
Then another short length of tube
Then fit it to the hard plastic pipe
If all the part is is a rubber seal and it serves no other purpose ie not a valve
Then all you need is to make/find something to adapt the fitment

Just a thoughtConfused
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
jakethepeg007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakethepeg007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 12 at 21:59
I had the same issue, ordered the plastic vaccumn pipe and the rubber came with it???
 Post Reply Post Reply