The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - T4 clutch pedal broken as usual? Fix it for £12
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 clutch pedal broken as usual? Fix it for £12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 clutch pedal broken as usual? Fix it for £12
    Posted: 17 Nov 11 at 17:43

Pictures say a thousand words.... so take a look at my side by side video comparision, Broken and Fixed.

Or read on for the 'thousand' words;

The Volkswagen T4 Transporter / Caravelle / Multivan has a very common problem.

The clutch pedal mounting bracket cracks, which causes the clutch master cylinder to become loose and move as you can see in my 'VW T4 clutch pedal broken as usual' video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8iBKO3mm4

No big deal to start with.... but before long it will break completely, then your stuck without a clutch. It can also damage your master cylinder beyond repair, and crack the pipe leaving you with your footwell (and your shoes) covered in nasty corrosive brake/clutch fluid.

Up until now you have had a few choices, but all are expensive (some more than others) and time consuming repairs, requiring at least a few hours work.

Now though, you can spend just 10 minutes of your time fitting one of my clutch pedal repair brackets.
See the difference in my 'VW T4 clutch pedal fixed for £12' video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0390WAjEHs

They come powder coated ready to fit with all the nuts, bolts and washers you will need and best of all they cost just £12 (excluding P&P)

So don't delay, the longer you leave it the more parts break so the more money you have to spend on repairs.

Paypal me £14 (inc UK P&P) to [email]boatyardbuses@aol.com[/email] and within a couple of days you can have the most common VW T4 problem fixed for good.
Cheers,
Neil

------------------------------------------------

PRICE UPDATE 21/11/11 - Why £10 now £12?

Thank you all for your orders so far, you guys can buy yourself a pint on me (with the £2 I saved you) Wink

Heres why;

After receiving payments and taking the first lot to the post office I’ve soon realised that I had under estimated the total costs involved. I had not gained accurate prices for the full fitting kit, powder coating, postage and paypal fees and not expecting these costs to be much, I went for it at £12 (including full fitting kit, powder coating, postage and paypal fees) in an attempt to make this fix as cheap as possible for us T4 owners.

Well, I’ve fell flat on my face with that, and I’m sorry to say that it’s just not possible. If I had fully worked it out in the first place they would certainly be more than the £2 extra I’m now going to ask for, but due to me putting myself in this position I have to cut it to the bone and now ask for £14 all in.

I would also really appreciate it if you could paypal me as a gift payment, as this will really help me out. I understand if you would rather make a goods payment and so this is fine, either way.

Cheers,
Neil

PS. To make this fair while I update adverts etc, I'll say that any orders received as a gift payment through paypal before 4pm today (21/11/11) will be £12 total - after 4pm the total will be £14.

--------------------------------------------------

Fitting Guide

• Under your bonnet, locate your brake servo unit (the big round unit below the brake master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir)

• Remove the M8 bolt (13mm head) from the lower right side of your brake servo (approx. 4-5 ‘o’ clock position as you looking at it) and replace it with the longest of the three M8 bolts supplied along with the largest M8 washer. Tighten this bolt now.

• In the drivers footwell, locate your clutch master cylinder (in between the clutch and brake pedal) and remove the two M8 mounting bolts (13mm heads)

• Place your new clutch pedal bracket into position (ensure it goes over the protruding bulkhead bolt you first fitted) and loosely fit the bracket to the clutch master cylinder, using the two remaining M8 bolts and small M8 washers supplied with your new bracket.

• Now fit the other small M8 washer and the M8 nyloc nut to the bulkhead bolt and tighten.

• Now tighten the two clutch master cylinder bolts.

Edited by new crew - 02 Dec 11 at 01:17
VW T4 clutch pedal broken as usual ? ... Fix it for £12 (click here)
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
Kingswinford, West Midlands
daz2vans View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daz2vans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 11 at 20:53
Brilliant !!!

Works perfect many thanks
Daz
52 RHD Panel, 63 23 Winda, 66 Canterbury Pitt
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 11 at 12:00
Glad you like it!
Cheers,
Neil
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
Desp Dan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Simple Pieman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desp Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 11 at 16:09
That's Top Work Chap Clap Clap Clap
Pie n' Bacon Meister
Porsche & Classic Car Nut
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 11 at 22:00
Cheers mate Smile
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 11 at 15:52
updated - see above
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 11 at 20:01
up
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
Adycampervan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adycampervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 11 at 21:41
I wish id read this a week ago, it's just cost me £545 at sinclairs vw.......Cry
Easy going vdub nut
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 09:00
Originally posted by Adycampervan Adycampervan wrote:

I wish id read this a week ago, it's just cost me £545 at sinclairs vw.......Cry

Sorry to hear that mate.

The thing is i would still advise you to get a bracket from me, for £14 you will be glad to did. Its worth the peace of mind, not having to worry about it happening again.

The reason is that even though you have paid VW alot of money to fix it, all they have infact done is replaced the part that always fails with the same part that will fail again.... its just a matter of when.

Some people have had them last a few more years before breaking again but some have lasted only a few weeks! Shocked
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 09:55
Fuck sake I just watched that for ages waiting for it to break didnt notice the video was on loop ! Stern Smile thick as..
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 16:41
LOLLOLLOL
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 11 at 22:05
Sorry to everyone who has not yet received their brackets, they have been held up at the powder coaters.

I collected them this afternoon, and they will be posted out to you all tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry once again for the hold up.
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 11 at 01:07
up
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
Piledriver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piledriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 11 at 18:47
received mine today
looks a nice bit of kit....will be fitting it on the weekendThumbs Up
stretch View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
bampa G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 11 at 19:14
Cool you can do mine next steve ha!
Yes mine arrived too
Cheers
look out!!! it's the dreaded spread !

best t3 winner
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team member

vanarchy 2006,vanarchy 2010

self confessed jaeger monster

nice vase stu
windysurfer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 11 at 20:47
Just ordered one

new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 01:13
Originally posted by windysurfer windysurfer wrote:

Just ordered one

Cheers Big smile
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 01:18
Originally posted by Piledriver Piledriver wrote:

received mine today
looks a nice bit of kit....will be fitting it on the weekendThumbs Up

Fitting Guide (also added this to the first post to make it easy to find)

• Under your bonnet, locate your brake servo unit (the big round unit below the brake master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir)

• Remove the M8 bolt (13mm head) from the lower right side of your brake servo (approx. 4-5 ‘o’ clock position as you looking at it) and replace it with the longest of the three M8 bolts supplied along with the largest M8 washer. Tighten this bolt now.

• In the drivers footwell, locate your clutch master cylinder (in between the clutch and brake pedal) and remove the two M8 mounting bolts (13mm heads)

• Place your new clutch pedal bracket into position (ensure it goes over the protruding bulkhead bolt you first fitted) and loosely fit the bracket to the clutch master cylinder, using the two remaining M8 bolts and small M8 washers supplied with your new bracket.

• Now fit the other small M8 washer and the M8 nyloc nut to the bulkhead bolt and tighten.

• Now tighten the two clutch master cylinder bolts.
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
Muddi Camel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddi Camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 08:15

Mine's landed - Thanks.

Won't be able to fit it for a while - buggered collar bone!Ouch

new crew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 23:01
Sorry to hear that, hope its better soon.

Thanks again for your order.
boatyardbuses@aol.com
Neil Jones
07980 298109
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>