Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fucking water pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fucking water pump
    Posted: 19 Oct 11 at 22:37
Not really T3 but same water pump as fitted to the in-line fours.
Have decided to give the goof a bit of a service before being pressed back into service for the winter, part of which was a new pump and rad.
Put the pump together on the bench with the crappy plastic stat housing/elbow and fitted it back on the car. The water is pissing out of said elbow now as quick as I pour it in, didn't use any sealant as the elbow is only six months old and I used a new "o" ring. 
Anybody got any tips to put these together without leaking like a sieve or do I just go and get another elbow??
Cheers for looking
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 11 at 23:22
did you put the stat in first, then the o ring, then the cover? if yes then i dunno. 
Spyke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 11 at 10:24
Are you missing a gasket?
sagemagoo View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagemagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 11 at 08:14
Check the mating surface of the platic housing on a flat surface for warping - my plastic water flange housing did the same due to my idiot 'mechanic' overtightening it - he then tried to fix it by smothering it in instant gasket....Clap

New VW mechanic in Herts wanted.....
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 11 at 17:48
Thanks for replies, yes it was fitted correctly.I think the new "o" ring may have been a little to thin so mrs fatboy was dispatched to the main stealers with elbow to collect a new one when she picked up the new dipstick collar.
For reference apparently this part is no longer available????? He told me to buy a new one from GSF or use gasket sealer! As this one was from GSF i decided to gum the bugger up-it worked but looks bloody horrible. Not the way I like to do things but fuck it, isn't like its anything important like me busBig smile
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 11 at 17:59
and look at the state of that! LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 11 at 18:09
no longer available! sounds like utter bollox to me..im gonna find out. 
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 11 at 22:44
this is the part number of the seal, i didnt check its available but i bet it is..its 038121119B
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 11 at 17:27
when I did the pump on my tdi I found that one of the bolts holding the alt/ps/aircon bracket thingy to the block came through from underneath and touched the elbow stopping it sealing

fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 11 at 22:45
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

this is the part number of the seal, i didnt check its available but i bet it is..its 038121119B
I wouldn't doubt it for a moment, when he saw the registration (J plate) he commented that it was an old one-its a fucking mk2 gti-twat!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 11 at 17:18
LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply