The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Lt owner (Pics added)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Lt owner (Pics added)
    Posted: 02 Oct 11 at 11:59
 Hi all just sold my T3 and put a deposit on a Lt Florida thought i would say hello as new to this section of the forum will post up some pics when i pick the van up in a few weeksSmile

Edited by dsa - 05 Nov 11 at 19:25
Gordon
1988 T3 1.6 td Westfalia Joker pop top
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 11 at 15:44
Good choice of LT! Clap

I did the same 18 months ago and haven't regretted swapping my California for the Florida!  Big smile

Good luck with the new Westy! Smile

Edited by Serge - 02 Oct 11 at 15:45
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
dieseldog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieseldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 11 at 20:13
Welcome ! We did the same a month ago and have not regretted it. We love the Florida to bits despite facing what will possibly be a costly MOT.

keep on truckin';
I rock, therefore I am;
keep on truckin';
LT28 2.4D Florida, 1989;
camperdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 11 at 10:41
i had a T3 until a drunk driver destroyed it..........prefer the LT for space etc, just not the driving position. the T3 was my daily drive, but not a chance in the LT
94 Diesel LT35
dieseldog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieseldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 11 at 13:48
My Lt is my daily drive (and sleep);

I rock, therefore I am;
keep on truckin';
LT28 2.4D Florida, 1989;
dsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 19:24

Almost ready i pick it up in a couple of weeks cant waitBig smile
Gordon
dieseldog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dieseldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 19:31
Very nice m8.   

I rock, therefore I am
keep on truckin';
LT28 2.4D Florida, 1989;
JayT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 11 at 20:53
Bought my LT from andy too, a few weeks ago now and were luvin it. The space beats our T3 hands down even if the characters not quite the same Wink dont think i could go back now !!!
i just wish the parts were a bit easier to get hold of then it would br the perfect van.
ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 11 at 15:27
Looks in great nick that does. I've only ever seen one Florida on the road like that (i have one too) - i normally see the older spec Florida.

Is he fitting indicators on the side of the front panels? - think thats an MOT requirement.

The ladder looks interesting - is that an extension that folds up?

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
dsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 11 at 18:45
Originally posted by ringonotts ringonotts wrote:

Looks in great nick that does. I've only ever seen one Florida on the road like that (i have one too) - i normally see the older spec Florida.

Is he fitting indicators on the side of the front panels? - think thats an MOT requirement.

Ringo
Hi Ringo it has already passed its MOT so will need to find out if side indicators are a legal requirement it might be safer to fit some now that you mention it not sure about the ladder as i have only seen the pics i pick up the van a week on saturday

Gordon
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 11 at 22:22
Originally posted by dsa dsa wrote:

Ringo
Hi Ringo it has already passed its MOT so will need to find out if side indicators are a legal requirement it might be safer to fit some now that you mention it not sure about the ladder as i have only seen the pics i pick up the van a week on saturday

Gordon

side repeaters are an MOT requirement unless you have wrap around indicators, of which LT's don't have. I put some on my 1988 LT, I put them a little bit lower so that all the work could be done through the front grill (with headlights removed) took about an hour. Oh and I put blue ones on mine for some silly reason. 

Edited by ZUB - 07 Nov 11 at 22:39
I'm a bell end
dieseldog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieseldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 08:33
Hey Zub, that fan club places you firmly in a certain age bracket you know ! Myself, I'm an honorary member of Gracie's fan club - listen to her a lot, especially in our Florida. Nice van, howsabout some pics of the inside, pretty pls !

keep on truckin'....
I rock, therefore I am.....
have you seen the stars tonight......
keep on truckin';
LT28 2.4D Florida, 1989;
dieseldog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieseldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 08:48
Ours don't have wrap-round or side indicators and both have new MOT's.

I rock, therefore I am...
have you seen the stars tonight....
keep on truckin';
LT28 2.4D Florida, 1989;
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 09:54
The MOT regs state after 1st April 1986 you must have them (and if fitted to earlier vehicles they must work), so technically you shouldn't have passed. Obviously not all testers read the manual...
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 10:37

Gordon

Wow - you are trusting. Buying a van without even looking at it!!!

Ringo
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 20:11
Well, as they say, you learn something new every day!

These excerpts are taken from the MOT manual:

Vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1986

These must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens. Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an 'E' mark in a circle or an 'e' mark in a rectangle above which is the number 5.

But this might cause you a problem Zub:

d. that every direction indicator emits amber light, except vehicles first used before 1 September 1965 where both front indicators may be white and both rear indicators red

I'd better sort out some side repeaters for mine before it's next MOT!

Both are very nice examples of the marque though  Big smile
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
dsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 21:06

Gordon

Wow - you are trusting. Buying a van without even looking at it!!!

Ringo
  Hi Ringo i know it might sound a bit mad but i have done buisness with Andy several times buying and selling and trust him 100% he sourced the van for me in Germany rejecting several for rust and poor service history etc he has kept me up to date with all work on van and i am more than happy i am getting a good van at a good price with warranty and i dont pay untill i go and pick upSmile
Gordon
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 22:58
Fair play mate. I'm sure it will be as good as the photos.

Let's face it, getting a professional to buy a van for you should be a good thing to do - compared to the amount of experience a normal person has got they should be able to spot a kipper a lot easier.

I have trust issues......

Anyway, you are going to love it. I'm sat in mine now with my van slippers on and the eber slowly ticking away feeling good because I have so much space. Must eat that cheesecake in the fridge.....

Ringo

Edited by ringonotts - 09 Nov 11 at 22:59
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 11 at 09:43
Originally posted by Serge Serge wrote:

d. that every direction indicator emits amber light
So long as the bulb shines amber through the blue tinted lens, he should be fine.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 11 at 00:40
Originally posted by mat_the_cat mat_the_cat wrote:

Originally posted by Serge Serge wrote:

d. that every direction indicator emits amber light
So long as the bulb shines amber through the blue tinted lens, he should be fine.

mat is spot on about the amber bulbs,  they came with the blue side repeaters, passed it's MOT with flying colours then see.........LEGAL   

but I don't have the van anymore either Cry
I'm a bell end
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>