The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 front wipers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 front wipers
    Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 00:28
I tried to search but have not found anything useful. My new 2011 T5 front wipers, specifically the one in front of the passenger just isn't doing a good job of cleaning. It seems to not push down hard enough on the window near the top of the stroke. Are there any fixes for this? Thanks in advance.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 02:28
Cant see how you can get more pressure
Maybe its a contaminant on glass or rubber
Clay the screen
Wash the wiper in kitchen sink in warm water
Might help
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 14:25
I'm with Swiss.  Thumbs Up

Are they flat ones on the new T5?  'Spose they are.  If not, make sure they curve ok when you pull them off the screen.  The rubber insert bit should be free to slide within the 'claws' of the blade. 

I've got Bosch blades on at the moment and they are bloody terrible.  Does anyone if the flatties work on early T5's?  And where I can get them at a sensible price.  I'm assuming I need arms as well as blades for the conversion.  
2004 2.5 174
a11y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 14:33
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

I'm with Swiss.  Thumbs Up

Are they flat ones on the new T5?  'Spose they are.  If not, make sure they curve ok when you pull them off the screen.  The rubber insert bit should be free to slide within the 'claws' of the blade. 

I've got Bosch blades on at the moment and they are bloody terrible.  Does anyone if the flatties work on early T5's?  And where I can get them at a sensible price.  I'm assuming I need arms as well as blades for the conversion.  

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/vw-t5-transporter-years-2003-to-2011-wiper-blades/ - I'm using the retro-fit flat blades @ £11.20/set on my 2004 T5. They fit the existing arms and work perfectly. Don't be put off by the cheap price: I'm using them as well as Rain-X on the windscreen and they work perfectly even after 2 years.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 14:44
Hey thanks for that ally. Big smile  I'd be tempted by the Valeo ones at £16.  Their stuff always looks pretty good quality.  I thought I'd be coughing up £100 odd for a conversion kit with arms.  Even someone as mean as me can afford £16. LOL

Edited by T5 TDI - 08 Aug 11 at 14:45
2004 2.5 174
a11y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 16:20
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

Even someone as mean as me can afford £16. LOL

Even for a Scot and even the £16 ones were too expensive for me LOL

Seriously though, the ones at £11 are fine - got good reviews in some car mags so I took a punt on them. Save a fiver and buy a pie and pint instead.
triple View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 21:22
[QUOTE=T5 TDI]I'm with Swiss.  Thumbs Up

[/QUOTE
I bought some cheap flat ones off ebay and was so impressed with them i fitted some to my work van and the wifes car.]

Tornado red celtic mapped lwb 174 AXE.
2014 bmw s1000r.
ktm 350 freeride
1975 yamaha rd350b
VWmatT28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWmatT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 22:42
Do what i do when my mate hires a  T5, just swap the good blades with your feeked ones, super cheap alternative to spending bucks on blades Wink
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 11 at 03:36
That's a bit naughty isn't it ?
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 11 at 08:53
changed my arms and blades to the california ones and they work a lot better
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 11 at 11:19
Mine has a curved blade on the neaside.  Is it a straight swap for the flat one?  Looks like I'll need to adjust the position of the arm on that side to compensate maybe.
2004 2.5 174
a11y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 11 at 13:02
Mine were literally just removing the old blades and fitting the new ones - no faffing required...
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 11 at 14:57
Ok.  I'm ordering the 'Scottish' ones then Ally. Big smile   Actually my first name is an unusual Celtic one so that must be where I get it from!
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply