The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what do you use to reach the roof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka4564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you use to reach the roof
    Posted: 21 Jun 11 at 19:31
i imagine you all use small step ladders to reach the top of the van to store kayaks, surfboards or roof boxes.
3 step - 2 step - fold away ????? whats the best?
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 11 at 19:35
Telesteps, with a dust sheet to protect the paintwork. 

Had no problems at all, fold nice and flat for storage.

Kev.
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
-wookey- View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -wookey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 11 at 22:27
I used to use stilts to wash my T5's roof.
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 11 at 22:44
I've never washed my roof.  That's what rain's for, innit?
ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
Stormkayaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormkayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 11 at 22:50
Kari Tek rack for kayaks:

Great but a bit expensive. 

Paul.
surfdub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 08:24
I can reach my roofbars/surfboards by standing on the back tyre or standing on the step at the drivers door or sliding door...

As for washing the roof, see Mr ECB's response above...LOL
1.9PD AXB 104PS T30 Kombi 2004, Reflex Silver
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 09:05
A B&Q platform. It`s a three piece thing that converts into ladders, steps, off set leg steps for working on stairs and stores relatively neatly. Set at the height for reaching the roof to clean it I also need a small step to get up onto the platform.It doesn`t take long, do one half of the roof and then drag everything round to the other side.
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 20:37
I clean my roof  using one of those youngerman odd jobs , fold away for easy storage to.

T5 174 kombi lwb
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 22:03
Sometimes I put on my stilts to do my roof. My neighbours must think i'm a bit strange.
Poo IS funny.
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 22:31
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

Sometimes I put on my stilts to do my roof. My neighbours must think i'm a bit strange.

Try doing it while wearing ONLY the stilts and see what sort of reaction you get, then report backBig smile

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 11 at 22:45
Originally posted by energysolutions energysolutions wrote:

Try doing it while wearing ONLY the stilts and see what sort of reaction you get, then report backBig smile

Can you use the internet while on remand?
Poo IS funny.
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 11 at 08:12

Originally posted by energysolutions energysolutions wrote:

Can you use the internet while on remand?

It went well then.......Big smile

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 11 at 23:04
those youngman type trestles are fantastic . i use one at work too , but they are stable enought to walk up on end while holding a kayak above your head .

For washing i use a long handled brush that resembles a sweeping broom . held above my head i can do each half of the roof from each side .

problem is my kitchen window looks onto the roof of my van so it gives me ocd if its covered in bird turd
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
 Post Reply Post Reply