FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dont answer this number 01614867770

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mike Noc View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dont answer this number 01614867770
    Posted: 30 Nov 17 at 21:48
Me latest wheeze when the scammers ring is to pretend to be the old faithful retainer. They always start by asking if they are talking to Mr Noc or whatever, so I say no I'm his butler Scrotum and very politely ask how can I help?

So far they have rung off, but if they keep talking I'll be very easily persuaded to pass Mr Noc's London appartment number on to them - 02080891924.

That's just another scam number, so if they ring it they will end up trying to scam a scammer, and good luck to them with that. 

Edited by Mike Noc - 01 Dec 17 at 09:31
'The Big Slow' LT35 1989 normally aspirated Diesel Horsebox - Gone but not forgotten.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 17 at 19:20
6 years going strong LOL

"follow the masses, do the opposite"
planetjohnp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planetjohnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 17 at 14:18
I also keep getting 01618143073

They are selling if you are daft enough to listen
likethispost
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 12:32
http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc6/232119/3/10150618760395591_17308.mp4?oh=f8713c52a6498764e92d0f50b22bb23c&oe=4DE0DC00&__gda__=1306582016_ec04c2a0d7be61a82d1729f137b79740

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150618760395591

It may work..... Here is alexis talking to the telesales people a few nights ago

Edited by Stacey - 26 May 11 at 12:34
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 11:36
Originally posted by colinthefox colinthefox wrote:

........ I can tell they're pissed off 'cos sometimes they phone straight back. Then they get the answering machine, and I can hear.....................

I just screen ALL calls with our answering machine.

I tell people that I want to hear from that they need to start talking after the message and if I'm there I'll pick up - usually with a "Real Greg here" greeting to distinguish myself from the "answering machine Greg" message.

I've got the machine programmed to announce some known callers (the ones I want to talk to, at least).  I am on the Oz "Do not call" register, but we still seem to get a lot of cold callers who hang up as soon as they realize it is a recorded message, then they follow up with lots of calls, sometimes for a day or so before they finally give up.  Many of these calls originate overseas, and are always "private callers" ie no number displayed.

I know it puts some people off, but I found the 100% answering machine policy to be my best defence.  Not so good for anyone trying to run their business via phone calls though.  I guess you could try selling to them instead Wink
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:34
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:31
I am x directory and still get about 3/4 calls a day.

You can report them but nothing comes from it.
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
colinthefox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinthefox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:27
I answer the phone with a cheery "hello".

They say "am I speaking to Mr ColintheFox?" or whatever.

I say hold on a minute, I'll see if I can find him for you. It may take a few minutes.

I gently lay the phone to one side, and get on with my work.

A few minutes later I hang up.

I can tell they're pissed off 'cos sometimes they phone straight back. Then they get the answering machine, and I can hear.....................
1.9D AEF T3 Kamper

All sorts of other oil burners too.

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:15
Oh, telephone preferance service, do that, takes 6-8 weeks but it stops after a while, also do the mail preferance service thing and stop your recycling bin being filled up with pizza menus for take aways 15 miles away.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:13
In a low, husky voice simply ask "what you wearing?"
Male or female, doesn't matter.
A few long silences followed by a few grunts thrown in for good measure usually helps.
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 20:37
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 20:18
Originally posted by Stacey Stacey wrote:

Its detatchable
as a woman you should know that theyre all detachable ....Wink...thats what my missus keeps threatening to do anyway
1989 westy Joker now with TDi

jurasik View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jurasik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 20:16

Its detatchable

You must like this band:

No Matter where you go, there you are.
GMAN140 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAN140 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 20:06
I try to keep them on the line as long as possible and talk as much shit as possible ' i tell them about how my dusbin needs replacing my mother in hospital and anything else to annoy them .  I have even called them after receiving mail (free phone only ) and tell them how because there junk mail annoys me im ring them to annoy them . Im always polite but as annoying as possible which im very good at .
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 19:54
or so big it has its own ring road????

Shocked

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 19:39
Its detatchable
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 19:31
i told you i drive past it every night...LOL

Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 19:21
You'll have to find it first
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 18:16
we have a couple of now win no fee offices on my road home...

i am so tempted to nip in one night and trip over their doormat, banging my head on their desk and losing the use of my penis in the process

Shoei View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 17:05

I always give Alexis the house phone. She says "who is it? What do you want?" and then goes on to tell them about her princess bedroom, her barbie dress and what she had for tea. She's great at getting rid of cold callers
Hehe, i always do that one with my small n shouty LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>