Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fishing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishing
    Posted: 21 May 11 at 20:36
cancelled the overnighter toKingsbury water park today..(missus wanted to go to a summer fair)
so I went fishing forthe first time in over a year..

what a great day...makes you appreciate the simple things in life.

anybody else into maggot drowning ?
1989 westy Joker now with TDi

windysurfer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 21:12
Not fish myself for years but did spent a pleasant few hours sat watching my lad fish today.

Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 21:53
Thumbs Up
Sunny Lancs
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 22:03
like fishing hate waiting
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 22:47
Big into fishing.
Looking forward to slinging my hook in/on the IOM next week.
Going to try a bit of saltwater flyfishing.

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Amos Quito View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 12:44
I've not been fishing for nearly 7 years - since I gave up smoking. I used to smoke about 15 a day normally but when I went fishing it was 40-50 easily and strangely I enjoyed every one. Since I gave up I have only lapsed once, that was at Glastonbury last year, I am not sure even after 7 years my will power would hold up, I do miss it - the fishing that is.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
My Link
jim painter View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim painter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 09:14
I love my fishing, just havent had time to go since christmas, its been manic and the misses says i cant go until the van is finished.
Jrp automotive welding, servicing and repair.
Cheshire
Face book page. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002268471342
B4Tfink View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Tfink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 10:16

I love my fishing too. i find its the best time for reflection and focus.

I was mainy into carp fishing but fish more runs waters with my daughter than big carp these days. Fished in france for the fat ones, fantastic memories of wild boar and koipoo rodent badger things.
Also caught catfish... dont they hang on!! they tend to engage reverse gear just as you think youve landed them!
Like a social on the beach chucking leads catching weed then back to the van for a hot cuppa.

Got me thinking this thread i need to get out and fish more again!! just gotta get this bus finishedLOL

love it Big smile
Best get on then ........
jim painter View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim painter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 10:32
Didnt used to be into carping until begining of last year. Never understood the point of being out for days at a time and not catching. Then i did it once and got hooked (pun intendedLOL) Its just sitting there watching the world go by, at night the waters seem to come alive. All the wildlife comes out its great. It increases the other senses when its dark and you hear so much more. Although the best bit is definatly being woken up by a screaming alarm.
Jrp automotive welding, servicing and repair.
Cheshire
Face book page. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002268471342
B4Tfink View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Tfink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 11:48
Couldnt agree more ..
Didnt seem to matter what the weather was like summer or winter, tornados and/or driving rain.
Screaming run, waking up to cat ice and a frozen net, bivvy, kettle etc, all adds to the experience for me.
I am a lover of fish allround really, First went fishing on the thames with my Dad as a toddler and have been maggot drowning on and off since.
It also got me interested in scuba which ive had some spectacular dives in the uk and abroad (also some really scary ones) . and now keep Koi so i dont have to leave the house!.

Peace and tranquility, nature at its best.

Edited by B4Tfink - 30 May 11 at 11:49
Best get on then ........
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 11:48
Been to this place in France a couple of times, hired the lake for the week with some workmates, great place, great owners

Sunny Lancs
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 16:55
I learned to fly fish as a child but haven't done so for nearly 25 yrs. This week I bought myself a new rod. Just got to buy the rest of the gear now. Hopefully be back into it by July.
Poo IS funny.
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 18:04
Been fishing since i was a toddler and love it.  Alot of people dont understand it but it is all about the anticipation.

You can sit and wait for ages then the tip of the rod or the line will twitch and all those hours are gone in a flash.

Used to work at a fly fishery and could haul them out cast after cast, to me that was not fishing.
If it's got tits or wheels sooner or later you're going to get problems.
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 18:51
i like reservoir fishing for Bream....and secluded mature mere fishing for big fat tench...

off to majorca tommorrow night with my 6 piece travel rod stowed safely in the wifes case.LOL
1989 westy Joker now with TDi

Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 19:02
Originally posted by caron666 caron666 wrote:

Used to work at a fly fishery and could haul them out cast after cast, to me that was not fishing.

Were you casting in the keep nets then?

How you can just sit there and wait for the electronic bite indicator to go, or the end of the rod to move, beats the shit out of me. That's lazy fishing. Actually that's not fishing, it's waiting.
Poo IS funny.
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 11 at 21:12
No the fish were lazy.  Or I was very good!  But joking apart.  I was very good.
If it's got tits or wheels sooner or later you're going to get problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply