The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

setting injector adjuster screws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: setting injector adjuster screws
    Posted: 10 May 11 at 21:44
eh up.
   can anyone advise me. thought my engine on my 130 tdi 2.5 axd 2004 was getting a little noisy together with poorer than expected mpg - driving very carefully around 28mpg. deceided after some checking on the net I should check my cam, so have just remove the cover and it is showing some wear, so am about to change the cam+ followers when I obtain the tools- proberley try to hire them, I've looked for info on the net and also in elsawin data but I cannot find how to check / reset the adjusters on the injector rocker arms or how important the setting is after fitting a new cam  -  can anyone help with  info  .
 also am I in order to use a 505.00 oil and change it at 8000.  I do understand how important the correct oil is in this engine - I dont want to use a long life oil  such as the 506,01 but Im getting coflicting advise on a normal duration oil
       dave
DaveA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 08:57
 well I've found the info I need on setting the injectors -in the depths of the elsawin data - (a well recomended program from ebay about a £10)
  so battle on.
                            dave                             
dvdfrost View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvdfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 09:01
I bought the sealey kit VS5035 costs about £200 has all you need in it to set cam tming and preload cam drive gears.This is one of the cheaper engine things you will buy for your T5!!!!!Ouch
Followers from vwenginerecon.com they make an improved one for  VW ,speak to KiethClap
You need new stretch bolts and a new diamond faced washer(to hold cam end bolt)
Check cam bearings esp upper shells for wear,ie copper showing. Ouch
Injector rockers are adjusted while on  the back of the lobe and adjuster screw goes all way down to solid then back it off 270 degrees .
oil is why the cam has gone,it is poorly designed and over stressed so any help you can give your engine with very best oil the less problems it should give you.
DO NOT SKIMP ON OIL ON A 2.5 T5 ....any old oil will not do..... it will kill your engine.Dead
Even a good synthetic is not good enough for this problem!
 I use  Longlife VW spec 506 and change at regular intervals.Costa Fortune!
Gotta love these T5's Big smileBig smileBig smile
Big smileP.S. Welcome to the Brick-yard  VW Transporter T5 Forum  Clap

Edited by dvdfrost - 11 May 11 at 09:06
T4 and T5 vans, they let you do what you want to do.... and be what you want to be!
'05 T5 130
'01 T4 88
'95 T4 888 spesh
dvdfrost View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvdfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 09:10
ExclamationOh! just a thought whilst you have it pulled apart ,check the fuel line holds pressure to the head as your van is about the time when head cracks between fuel ways in head casting caused problems.....just to cheer you up.!!!!!Censored
T4 and T5 vans, they let you do what you want to do.... and be what you want to be!
'05 T5 130
'01 T4 88
'95 T4 888 spesh
DaveA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 10:13
thanks for the help ,
      the cheapest sealey kit I can find is around £270. do you know anywhere cheaper ,
  ref fuel line pressure check -the only check I was aware of was an inernal check on the tandam pump , the test you are refering to is that something else ?
    thanks dave
DaveA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 12:57
following on from that last post I made - have just read through previous posts on the forum= I now understand the cracked head problems.
        oh oh- so many things to look forward to.
                                          dave
 Post Reply Post Reply