The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The T3 Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 16 at 23:14
Cambelt now fitted, sump is back on, along with a few other bits. Starting to come along nicely now.

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
1.8T Conversion sat on an engine stand waiting for spare time.
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 16 at 23:09
I've always said, old rubbers just aren't safe. well no one likes a stretched pipe do they? Shocked

So I replaced a couple of the old bulging coolant hoses with new genuine Audi ones. Don't seem to be a lot of silicone about for these....

Also hacked a few bits of redundant metal of the alternator bracket, as I don't need the power steering pump or the auxiliary fan. All painted up and fitted.

Got a few other bits fitted. not sure about the alternator belt. May swap it out for a slightly longer one, but I'll wait until it's up and running and see.

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 16 at 21:21
looks tidy that chap! Thumbs Up
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 16:33
So as the weather is generally shit today, and as the dash is out, i thought I'd tackle the heater box.
Yes, the keen eyed among you will notice that I've already done this job once..... But I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd do it again.
since I fitted the new fan, I get a lot of vibration on high speed. Probably due to my DIY foam replacement. Anyway, thought I'd get a genuine fan from Brickwerks and a foam kit and have another go, and generally fuck my hands up and get blood everywhere. Forgot to order the clips to put it back together (I glued it last time. That was a mistake!)
Time for tea and Easter eggs.

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 20:11
that your missus hand? LOL

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 20:48
can you tell I work in an office?

Just finished fitting my padded dash thing. We got all the best bits in the uk, it's like a poor mans LHD padded dash.... Been sitting in the cupboard for about 3 years so about time I got around to it. More exiting dash upgrades to follow....

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 20:38
Storm Katie. I now have no fences. Thanks for that! Fortunately I got away with it, and no damage to the van despite taking a fence panel full in the face.

Got the AGG out, all ready to go to sunny Devon

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 22:10
First of the new switches fitted.

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 16 at 20:30
oooh pretty!

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 17:41
Not fixed in properly yet, but Audi TT hazard and heated rear window switches......

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 16 at 11:53
Nice. I like the wrinkle finish. When are you putting the engine in? What mounts will you be using?

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 16 at 12:47
I will be putting the engine in as soon as the engine mounts arrive from MV..... Which may be some time 😄
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 21:45
So everyone out there is doing engine conversions. it's not the exclusive club it used to be, so i thought i'd spice it up a bit by selling my house......

So two projects in the car park that don't move under their own steam, and the van is also full of all the shit that apparently puts buyers off. I personally think having huge amounts of VW parts spread about the house adds a touch of class, but the estate agent said no.

I still have no engine bars, and no immediate hope of getting any it would seem, so I thought i'd cheer myself up with some genuine bits from VW..

CE1 stalks with MFA to go with the dash conversion from Andy, and a new bracket for the diesel air box I intend to use..... one day LOL

Edited by T3Panel - 27 May 16 at 21:47
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 22:14
You got a delivery date for the engine bars yet Barney?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 22:21
Have you looked at the FAS setup. You should be able to get it from MV Engineering.

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 22:29
Originally posted by orcecaveman orcecaveman wrote:

Have you looked at the FAS setup. You should be able to get it from MV Engineering.

I've seen pictures of that setup, but i've also seen pictures of unicorns and rocking horse poo LOL
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 22:30
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

You got a delivery date for the engine bars yet Barney?

end of march this year apparently.... oh wait a minute, its nearly june now LOL
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 22:48
Will they ship direct to you or are they trade only?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 16 at 23:09
dunno, think i'll drop them a mail Monday and see what the deal is!
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122