The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lifting a syncro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifting a syncro
    Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 21:10
We lifted our own syncro just over a year ago, but have never really been happy. The front shock we originally added a 8mm spacer at the top which helped a bit, but was topping out the shock while offroading. So we have designed an extension for the shock so when we lift the vans 30mm it lowers the piston in the shock back to the original position. We have these made in EN25T so no problems with strength. There is a bit of threading involved with fitting but all do able as a diy and we can supply a die for the job if required. To add to this we have also had the first batch of spring lifting plates made and will be available in various sizes. We have ordered a supply of top ball joint spacers from a well known and respected supplier, but these are currently stuck in UK customs but will be with us in a couple of days. For the back we have a rear shock extender designed but these are still with the laser cutters and also hope to back with us soon.

So we will be able to offer a full and comprehensive lift kit using the original springs and shocks.

Pictures of what we have so far and will update when the other bits turn up.

More to come when the other bits turn up.
Email Futbus
Any engineering work required give us a call
07866 581136
Newton Abbot South Devon
www.futbus.com
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 21:50
very intresting stuff! how much does this lot cost including the rear spacers?
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
''We fuck like monkeys, yes?''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 20:15
Nice one Dave, i know your stuff is excellent quality, be interested to see how much it costs to invest in these precious metals!
The bigger the Orange, the bigger the peel.
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 11 at 18:54
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
scitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 11 at 12:47
how much can one really lift a syncro?
i was thinking of this kitt combined with a system of liftsprings?
scitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 11 at 13:24
i found something now.
to combine the liftkit from futbus.com with the trialmaster liftspring kit from suncro-services?

how would that affect the other bars and rods and driveabillety of the van?
is it doable or am i just dreaming?

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 11 at 17:46
depends on the angle of the cv joints really without lowering the gear box and diff they`ll probally be the limiting factor.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
hugomonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugomonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 08:38
Whats happening with the rear shock extenders??  
scitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 11 at 09:42
Syncroservises have a kit of total 6 cv joints they claim can take 23 degrees angle of the driveshafts compared to the 17 degrees of the original ones... Would that be enough to assemble both mentioned kits??
caravelledriver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caravelledriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 15 at 02:15
where can i buy these spacers
1990 t3 caravelle lhd 1.6td capri blue/marine blue
1986 t3 lhd westfalia club joker hightop 1.6 td marsala red
2007 t30 lwb 2.5 tdi
bene View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 15 at 13:50
I believe there are a few places that sell this kind of stuff...

Here being one of them - 

http://www.oberschlachter.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=5_1001

Im sure Brickwerks do the ball joint spacers and possibly more.

Campervan culture do some lovely kits too...

Im sure there are more places but my brain has forgotten them. It might be worth looking out for some second hand stuff as some folks are going back to stock syncro suspension recently.
cheers
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 15 at 14:36
Brickwerks sell spacers as well

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/t3-parts/t3-syncro/t3-syncro-suspension/suspension-lift-kit-t3-syncro.html
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

bene View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 15 at 14:50
Ooooooooo they look sexy....
caravelledriver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caravelledriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 15 at 16:42
That's what I'm looking for cheers
1990 t3 caravelle lhd 1.6td capri blue/marine blue
1986 t3 lhd westfalia club joker hightop 1.6 td marsala red
2007 t30 lwb 2.5 tdi
 Post Reply Post Reply