The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAG COM adaption for locking options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalbansdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VAG COM adaption for locking options
    Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 11:37
Hi,

Does anybody know the VAG COM control module and adaption codes relating to central locking?  In particular I want to enable:
1) Auto lock above 10 mph
2) Single click for passenger and sliding door
3) bleep on lock

Thanks if anyone can help with any of these
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 19:23
1 & 3 are easy.  It's hard to go wrong.  You need to go to 'cent conv' followed by 'adaption'.  Then scroll up to ch 3 and change the zero to a 1.  Go to ch 4 if you want the the auto unlock option which unlocks the doors again when you take the key out.  The beep on locking/unlocking is similar, just choose the relevent channel.  You can make the hazards flash on locking/unlocking also.

If you have a genuine and up to date version of VCDS you will get a bubble pop up which leads you by the nose for everything.

The selective locking option (one press locks all or only driver's door) is slightly different.  For that you need to go to 'cent conv' again but choose 'coding' rather than ''adaption'.  Make a careful note of the original coding shown. Using this you can put it back exactly as it was before if you mess it up.  Follow the instructions for the various options for the locks and other things on the screen. 

Come back if you have any problems.  Smile       

Edited by T5 TDI - 01 Mar 11 at 19:43
2004 2.5 174
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 19:38
Is it possible to turn off the beep on the electric side doors when they are closing   on the velle? It annoys the he'll out of me .
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 19:57
Never had much to do with the electric doors, really only what I've read around the net.  But most beeps can be switched off via VCDS.  I'll check it out. 
2004 2.5 174
PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 21:17
I have VCDS lite, will I still be able to adjust what you suggest?

Cheers
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 08:19
I couldn't find anything about turning off that beep.  If I come across anything I'll let you know.

PeteO- VCDS lite won't be able to adjust anything.  You need a genuine cable with a dongle and full software.  (Free when you buy the cable).
2004 2.5 174
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 17:43

There are a few other things re the electric doors you can alter.  You can change which button opens or closes it.  Exiting eh? Stern Smile  And there are some basic settings via diagnostics needed if you fit new parts.

Pete- VCDS lite is the shareware version of VCDS.  Available free  for anyone to use even with a flebay cable.  It's quite limited but it will read codes, and will sometimes work for other things depending on the car.  It can't do any adaptions.

On the VCDS website it says it won't work on can-bus equipped vehicles which should make it useless on all T5's but since the can-bus system seems limited on early T5's maybe it will do some things.  Have you been able to connect to any controllers on yours?

2004 2.5 174
PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 18:02
I got on to all the things you said in the earlier post, but when I went to alter them it said I needed to register the software. So I have done, just waiting for Ross tech to get back to me with my activation code. Then I will let you know how I get on!!
PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 20:14
Worked a treat, set it to auto lock and auto unlock!!!!! very very easy!!!
Cheers T5 TDI!!!

How do you reset the service info when that comes up?
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 20:14
I've got 10.6 software with my ross tech lead and i don't get bubbles leading me by the nose!! what are you taking T5TDI as your'e using it or is it special glasses?!
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 20:27
I too have the latest version VCDS and I get the advice bubbles that T5 TDI speaks of........
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 21:19
Originally posted by blackvanman blackvanman wrote:

I've got 10.6 software with my ross tech lead and i don't get bubbles leading me by the nose!! what are you taking T5TDI as your'e using it or is it special glasses?!

You should get the bubbles on your late software.  I think it's a 'hover over' thing try scrolling around a bit more maybe?    
2004 2.5 174
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 07:13
Originally posted by PeteO PeteO wrote:

How do you reset the service info when that comes up?

Go to 'instruments' followed by 'adaptions'.  Then scroll up to ch 2 and change the existing figure  (probably a 1 or a 2) to a zero.  Then click 'test' first then 'do it' or similar. 
That resets the longlife service regime. Smile  There is a one click option for the reset on later VCDS versions but never tried it.

Whenever you use adaptions it's best to get in the habit of writing down the original setting so you can put it back if you need to.  If you have the MFD try turning all the dash warnings to a foreign langauge! Cool  (And back! LOL)

Edited by T5 TDI - 04 Mar 11 at 07:14
2004 2.5 174
stalbansdragon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalbansdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 14:01

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed reply...but it doesn't work for me.

I can never connect to Central Conv. (46)  - I just get no response from controller.  I'd read it had been replaced with Central elect (09) which I can connect to.  When I connect to 09 the component is BORDNETZ SGVER.  However channel 3 has a value of 254 (so neither 0 or 1) and channel 4 is set at 15.

PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 19:29
When i go to the selective locking option (one press locks all or only driver's door)  For that I go to 'cent conv'  but choose 'coding' rather than ''adaption'.
Here  mine says Software coding  00021 and workshop 02736.
what do I change it to to get one press drivers door lock/unlock etc??? Did not want to mess to much as it gives a scary message about really screwing stuff up etc!!!!!!

Sorry being so thick! LOL
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 21:09
Originally posted by PeteO PeteO wrote:

When i go to the selective locking option (one press locks all or only driver's door)  For that I go to 'cent conv'  but choose 'coding' rather than ''adaption'.
Here  mine says Software coding  00021 and workshop 02736.
what do I change it to to get one press drivers door lock/unlock etc??? Did not want to mess to much as it gives a scary message about really screwing stuff up etc!!!!!!

Sorry being so thick! LOL

No problems, it's complicated!  I'm still learning and at 53 I don't think my poor old brain is up to it any more.  Tongue

I just confirmed it on my van, (and it's bloody ffreezing out there!) you need to to add a 1 to your van's software coding (not all vans are the same) to change it to 00022 and that should do it.  You can always put it back.  Ignore the workshop code that's for something else.  You are fine with this coding change and it is fun playing with the possible adaptions (listed in the bubble on VDCS) in the instruments controller too but don't alter anything especially in the engine controller unless you are sure about what you are doing. Smile  

Edited by T5 TDI - 04 Mar 11 at 22:02
2004 2.5 174
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 21:30
Originally posted by stalbansdragon stalbansdragon wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed reply...but it doesn't work for me.

I can never connect to Central Conv. (46)  - I just get no response from controller.  I'd read it had been replaced with Central elect (09) which I can connect to.  When I connect to 09 the component is BORDNETZ SGVER.  However channel 3 has a value of 254 (so neither 0 or 1) and channel 4 is set at 15.

You should be able to connect with cent conv (46) ok.  I don't think it has been 'replaced' by cent elec (09).  That's a separate controller.  If yours isn't a genuine cable maybe that is the problem because they don't work properly for some things. 

The channels I mentioned are specific to the cent conv controller, if you change the numbers in those same channels but in a different controller you could come unstuck.  Ouch 

Edited by T5 TDI - 04 Mar 11 at 21:38
2004 2.5 174
PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 11 at 22:22
T5 yet again your are a diamond!!!!!!! top of the class! cheers mate!
PeteO View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 18:59
I can connect to my 08 T5 with my VCDS but not to my mates T5gp 2010? I thought it was the same system for all? or is id different for the newer model?
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 20:05

Never tried connecting to a T5.1 but I'm pretty sure there should be no problem.  Have you updated your software from VDCS lite (it's free now you have registered) because VDCS lite won't work on the full can-bus van that the T5.1 must be. 

2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>