The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 GP I read the manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 GP I read the manual
    Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 20:18
While looking through my owners manual trying to find what bulbs are in my headlights I discovered a few things.
1. If you hold the the remote button down on your key unlock opens your windows and lock closes them

2. If you take the key out of the ignition and press the wiper arm down it puts the wipers into service postion so you can clean your van properly, you can't lift the wipers up in the down postion without catching your bonnetAngry

3.If you take the key out the ignition and flash headlights it puts on coming home lights for 30 secs

Not tried 2 or 3 yet but 1 defo works.

Also you can turn your DRLs off by a method in the manual but can't be arsed to go outside and bring the manual in as it's freezing

Edited by Petehelmet - 03 Feb 11 at 20:22
Chris in Swansea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 20:24
Good stuff gonna dig out my manual.
T32 180PS Kombi
john the sparky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 20:25
is it a 3 button remote?

most VAG group will do similar, on 2 button if you put key in door and turn one way and hold - it will open electric windows and unlock doors, and the other way closes and locks....

that works on my altea my05, and a mates t5 my08 with two button remotes.... but on the 3 button remotes it does it remotely

good to know though, particularly wiper one, I had to go to dealer with my altea because I was too lazy to read bookEmbarrassed
Petehelmet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 20:29
Yea it's the 3 button one, I know on my last T5 it was a key in the door job to open and close the windows
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 20:37
cool, I will maybe get 3 button too..... but it is a panel vanConfused

it's quite a useful feature I've found on really hot days, you just drop the windows whilst loading and it cools it down a bit...

I know aircon would do it better, but don't like running it whilst walking in and out of house loading up
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 11 at 22:25
Pete, I can't believe what you've done and actually told people!
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 06:41
We should set up an 'Ask Pete' section....

as most of us won't read the manual, once we've broken a bit off and had it replaced, it would be nice to know what we did wrong...... but there is no way of finding out (well I suppose we could read our manuals.... but its not really that likelyEmbarrassedLOL)

if we had a section, obviously it would need to be in the Brickies Arms, it would be like someone in a pub telling you something, so that would be OKLOL
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 07:20
Originally posted by john the sparky john the sparky wrote:

cool, I will maybe get 3 button too..... but it is a panel vanConfused

it's quite a useful feature I've found on really hot days, you just drop the windows whilst loading and it cools it down a bit...

I don't think a 3 button remote will do that for your panel van.  But IIRC it is possible to buy some kind of aftermarket controller (alientech ?)  that goes in the driver's door to achieve that result - a search on here will find the thread that talks about it, or have a look here:

http://members.shaw.ca/autowindow/orderD.html

NB I haven't bought one of these or heard from anyone that has, so this is info only, not endorsement.
VWstealer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 11:05
Originally posted by Petehelmet Petehelmet wrote:

While looking through my owners manual trying to find what bulbs are in my headlights I discovered a few things.
1. If you hold the the remote button down on your key unlock opens your windows and lock closes them

2. If you take the key out of the ignition and press the wiper arm down it puts the wipers into service postion so you can clean your van properly, you can't lift the wipers up in the down postion without catching your bonnetAngry

3.If you take the key out the ignition and flash headlights it puts on coming home lights for 30 secs

Also you can turn your DRLs off by a method in the manual but can't be arsed to go outside and bring the manual in as it's freezing

You need to ignore the 'turning off of the DRL's' section, it's a fallacy!  It can only be achieved by a VW workshop via a download from VW and will cost 100 Euros for the download plus whatever the workshop charge for doing it.
The Winter position for the wipers applies to all GP's, don't know about the 'coming home' lights though as I've got some here that do and some don't so may vary depending on spec level.
The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Did Not Exist...
mickeyverwood View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyverwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 17:22
Coming home light thingy doesn't work on mine. Window wiper thing.... Great!!!! been wondering how to repair the paint chips along the trailing edge of my bonnet from cleaning.
With regard to the windows, if I hold the unlock my windows open and close  while holding the lock, but then that did that on my old 55 plate, 2 button I must add
T5 2L 180
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 17:57
Originally posted by blackvanman blackvanman wrote:

Pete, I can't believe what you've done and actually told people!
Yea I'm a sad bastard
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 17:58
Originally posted by mickeyverwood mickeyverwood wrote:

Coming home light thingy doesn't work on mine. Window wiper thing.... Great!!!! been wondering how to repair the paint chips along the trailing edge of my bonnet from cleaning.
With regard to the windows, if I hold the unlock my windows open and close  while holding the lock, but then that did that on my old 55 plate, 2 button I must add
Coming home thing didn't work on mineCry
Stupid manual
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyverwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 18:03
Worked on my golf..... thanks Pete Smile
T5 2L 180
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 18:35
[QUOTE=Petehelmet]While looking through my owners manual trying to find what bulbs are in my headlights I discovered a few things.

1.      Yes

2.      Yes

3.      No, not even on the Velle Confused

Tried the DRLs when I got the Kombi, doesent work.

Typical Sparky, thinks they know more than other people and cant keep their gob shut !!LOL
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 11 at 18:38
Originally posted by Kev The Gas Kev The Gas wrote:

Typical Sparky, thinks they know more than other people and cant keep their gob shut !!LOL

sparkies.... like plumbers with their brains bashed in!..... or that is what a plumber used to tell meLOL
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 11 at 14:08
Team sparkyClap
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 11 at 17:26
Originally posted by VWstealer VWstealer wrote:

You need to ignore the 'turning off of the DRL's' section, it's a fallacy!  It can only be achieved by a VW workshop via a download from VW and will cost 100 Euros for the download plus whatever the workshop charge for doing it.

Is that right VWstealer?  I thought turning the DRL's off was a simple (for the dealer or someone with VCDS) coding change in the instruments controller.  No ECU reflash necessary.  Unless VW have made it different on the T5.  Maybe since it's a safety feature the dealers have been told not to do it or VW have made it more difficault.  

2004 2.5 174
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 11 at 20:37
I presume you guys guys are all referring to the new 5.1 vans ? 

and whats DRL's  Question
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyverwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 11 at 20:40
DRL = Daytime running lights!
T5 2L 180
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 11 at 20:44
Originally posted by mickeyverwood mickeyverwood wrote:

DRL = Daytime running lights!
Ahh must be a new van then  got them on my new motorbike , or should i say you can't turn the lights off   a la volvo

Edited by kernow - 05 Feb 11 at 20:50
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>