The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easy way to lift van higher ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roobarbncustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy way to lift van higher ?
    Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 17:33
We now have our T3 on the road but i have just bought some old Granada alloys (15") and intend to put some mild AT tyres on. I would also like lift the body slightly but dont know the feasibility of this ?
Is it something anyone has ever done before....
The van is a 1989 Devon Eurovette...and we reguarly take off road tracks over Dartmoor to walk our dog...bigger tyres will help on this matter but wont give us the clearance on the rutted tracks....
answers on a postcard to...
cheers neil
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 17:42
sell it and buy a syncro.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Red Westie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 17:51
Some of Simons (Westy levelling shims) from Brickwerks: basically adding a spacer underneath the spring....you may gain a few more centimetres.
Custom heavy duty longer springs? not sure who would make them tho..

Martin
shelly
roobarbncustard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roobarbncustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 19:13
would buy a syncro...but.....
our conversion is superb and the van looks great
so we will try something with this one first
Smile
james72 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 19:35
You can lift a 2wd a bit with spacers, you multiply by 1.5 at the front so a 20mm spacer will lift it by 30mm. I'm not sure what the maximum lift is, but you have to be careful that you don't run out of camber adjustment. 

Syncro services sell them.

Or if your feeling flush gowesty sell these H&R springs with a claimed 1.5 inch lift they come with ball joint spacers so you can get the camber right, cost you well over $700 with shipping and import tax.Shocked

T3 Multivan 3.0 H6
jack carlton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack carlton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 14:29
bernd jager do them.

http://www.vw-t3-bus-shop.de/eng/fahrwerke/seikelfahrwerk-komplett-4-cm-hoeherlegung-fuer-2-2.html
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 18:46
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 18:59
For rears you could use T4 suspension spring spacers/plates. Made out of rubber. Come in a few flavours (10,15mm etc) and are about £13 each IIRC,

Just fit em under top plate,
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 19:05
I've used double T3 black rubber spring pads to level one of my buses before. Didn't know T4 ones came in different thicknesses !! Wink
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 20:26
Hi Charlie, I only remember from when i had mine. You can buy different thickness' depending on designated load (caravelle/panel etc) Not sure how many are still made though. Sure i bout 10mm and 15mm though. Pretty sure other sizes kicking about.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 20:33
yep, they do...

at least 2 sizes...

these are the thickest... 15mm from memory... will have a measure tomorrow

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=845&category_id=144&keyword=7D0+511+147+B

Edited by Tee3 - 08 Feb 11 at 20:35

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 11 at 00:22
hmm, maybe i should consider a pair for the front of mine to help clear the arch - cheaper than new springs!
 Post Reply Post Reply