The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Kombi Gp Windscreen Washer Fuse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Kombi Gp Windscreen Washer Fuse
    Posted: 22 Jan 11 at 16:54
Picked up my new 180 Kombi today and I'm getting nothing from the windscreen washer, not even a noise. Rather than go through dealer hassle I want to check the fuse first - does anyone know which fuse is for windscreen washer motor?

Front and rear isn't working.

Other than thatn IT'S AMAZING!
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 11 at 17:55
10th fuse along on top row on my GP 102
Poo IS funny.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 11 at 01:23
First, check that your bonnet is shut (that will stop the intermittent wipers at least). 

Second, is there any washer fluid in the bottle ? (I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the washers won't run if it is empty).

I couldn't find a fuse that was dedicated to only the windscreen washers, but according to the diagrams for my T5.0 (pre-facelift) the folowing fuses relate to wipers & washers:

In the top set of fuses in the dash:
  • Fuse #10 - 10th along (from the left) in the upper row (intermittent & rear wipers, 10A)
  • Fuse #30 - 8th along in the bottom (3rd) row (rear wiper/s & jet heating elements, 10A)
  • Fuse #32 - 10th along in the bottom row (front wipers 25A)

In the bottom set of fuses in the dash:
  • Fuse #32 - 10th along in the bottom (3rd) row (headlight washers, 20A)

Please let us know what fixes yours.

Edited by gregozedobe - 23 Jan 11 at 01:27
VW master-tech View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 11 at 01:38
hi the fuse you want is under the bonnet in the fuse board a 7.5 amp fuse it is the only one in there,it is not listed on the fuse card or handbook or on our dealer wiring diagrams we have just had a bulletin from vw factory regarding this after a spate of gp's coming in during the cold weather with this fuse blown due to wipers being frozen to the screen.Hope this helps you get it sorted
Chris in Swansea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 11 at 09:57
VW master-tech - spot on advice, the 7.5 was blown. Thank you very much indeed, this is really appreciated and save me a day buggering around with the dealer.

Hero!

Chris
simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 11 at 14:50
I thought you was after a Caravelle, what changed your mind?
Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 11 at 14:58
I was torn between the two and a great deal came up on a new kombi maxxed out with options, so rather than deliberate any more, I went for it.

5 muddy MTB's would have wrecked a caravelle anyway!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 12:19
Aaaagghhh!

The 7.5 fuse blew again and the wipers weren't frozen to the screen this time. I replaced it again and it's working fine again. Could it me that the washer liquid is frozen and the fuse blows to protect the pump? I assume the dealer put washer liquid in that wouldn't freeze?

Cheers

Chris
T32 180PS Kombi
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 11 at 13:38
Chris
Rare beast the 180
I used to wrap silver foil around the fuses on my old Lada if they went but I suppose you had better pop this back into dealer Ermm
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 11 at 14:31
I've stuck a 20a fuse in it (only one I had) - it's meant to be 7.5a.

Is that a stupid thing to do?
T32 180PS Kombi
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 11 at 15:11
Originally posted by Chris in Swansea Chris in Swansea wrote:

I've stuck a 20a fuse in it (only one I had) - it's meant to be 7.5a.

Is that a stupid thing to do?

Shocked INDEED!

Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 11 at 16:26
It will warm your van up on a cold morning. No need for de-icer!!
Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 11 at 17:01
Oh, I see! best take it out then!

Got a packet of 20 coming from eBay after I paid £1.50 for two in Motor-bloody-world. Looks like I'm gonna need more though.

Bit of a bugger how it keep blowing fuses though.
T32 180PS Kombi
willhollin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 11 at 12:04
Mine blew yesterday, are there any spare fuses available in the fuse box or do I need to get some new ones?

I'm half tempted to call VW assist out though.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 11 at 17:07
Best bet is to buy them in bulk! I think we are going to need them!

20 on ebay for the same price as 2 in Motorworld.
T32 180PS Kombi
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 11 at 17:56
I cant believe you guys are happy to simply keep feeding your brand new vans (which are far from cheap) fuses

Clearly something is wrong, at the very least the fuse is too small, at the very worst there is an inherent problem and the fuse is doing its job

Either way you have 3 years warranty so make the most of it because after then you`ll get to rectify all VWs shortcuts at your own expense........

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
willhollin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 11 at 18:06
Mine never blew once during the really cold weather before Christmas, but that may have been down to the fact that it was still the dealer fill of screenwash with adequate frost protection. I ran out a few weeks ago and bunged some water in, and probably not enough screenwash. I'll not make that mistake again.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in Swansea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 11 at 18:16
Yeah, just trying to drain mine and try a more concentrated solution before I lose my van to the dealer for the day. I'm sure it's that simple (I hope!)
T32 180PS Kombi
adi1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adi1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 13 at 14:20
Hello people. I have the same problem with my 08 1.9.  I've looked at the square fuse box, next to the battery but cant see a 7.5 fuse in there. VW emailed me and said I should check there too so I'm bemused its not there at all! But obviously that's possibly why its not working! (Its not worked since a visit to VW btw).   Can you tell me what number on the fuse box I should put a new 7.5 in please?  I've messaged VW but not heard back yet so thought I'd check with you guys first. Its snowing and I'd like to get the jets working asap! 

Has anyone found a fix for them blowing btw? 

Cheers Adi 
adi1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adi1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 13 at 14:22
 Just dropped into VW. Its not a fuse on mine apparently. Might be the pump I guess. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>