The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oh joy... another fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oh joy... another fault
    Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 13:33
doing 85 [on a private runway officer] today my glowplug light starts flashing... slow down then try to accelerate... van is in limp mode. switch off for 5 minutes, try again , perfect. Caned it 50 miles home no problems. It's had a MAF sensor recently and has been driving ok.
Do i just push it over a cliff now of take to VW tomorrow ????
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 14:31
Naah, just have a look for any fault code/s recorded by the ECU to see if that sheds any light on the issue.
Petehelmet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 15:36
Oh the joys of owning a brand new model, can't wait to start my listCry
kendall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 16:13
it worries me that i'll only do about 15,000 miles in 3 years so my warranty will be finished before every thing has broken and been repaired for free. 
euanbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote euanbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 17:11
I had a flashing glowplug light on my T5. Drove about for a few days forgetting to phone the stealer. Finally phoned and was told by the kind lady on the phone to check the brake lights, true enough both bulbs blown. Replaced the bulbs and everything was good.

Not the most obvious warning

Euan
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 17:34
Originally posted by euanbc euanbc wrote:

I had a flashing glowplug light on my T5. Drove about for a few days forgetting to phone the stealer. Finally phoned and was told by the kind lady on the phone to check the brake lights, true enough both bulbs blown. Replaced the bulbs and everything was good.

Not the most obvious warning

Euan
yeah i checked them... both fine. I did't think the brakelight switch/bulb thing puts it in limp mode. was driving like shit while light was flashing.
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 17:42
You poor soul. See if they'll swap it for a 174.
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 17:45
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

You poor soul. See if they'll swap it for a 174.
I'm trying to love it but it rejects me.... the speed training i've been trying on it just keeps breaking things.
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 17:56
If you break it 'big time' do you think they'd give you another van, and you said you had no confidence in this one?

Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 18:06
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

If you break it 'big time' do you think they'd give you another van, and you said you had no confidence in this one?

doubt it.. but it's worth a try.
they told me after the dpf regen problems to "drive it hard regularly... so i do. i'll take it to the mothership tomorrow and see what stored faults they find. I'm on first name terms in there now.. getting my own parking space soon!
willhollin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 19:09
When was yours built?
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 19:15
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

they told me after the dpf regen problems to "drive it hard regularly... so i do. i'll take it to the mothership tomorrow and see what stored faults they find. I'm on first name terms in there now.. getting my own parking space soon!

You have a flashing glow plug light closely followed by the dreaded limp mode and you think your DPF problems are over - I suspect not..........Cry

Best place for a DPF is in the bottom of Pendle Performance`s skip

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 20:29
Originally posted by energysolutions energysolutions wrote:

Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

You have a flashing glow plug light closely followed by the dreaded limp mode and you think your DPF problems are over - I suspect not..........Cry

Best place for a DPF is in the bottom of Pendle Performance`s skip

do you think it's the dpf??? when that played up the dpf light came on,,, did feel similar though.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 20:30
Originally posted by willhollin willhollin wrote:

When was yours built?
July
CLONKY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLONKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 20:37
Isnt it a faulty brake light switch? If you press the brake pedal when driving normally power is dramatically reduced (apart from the assistance the brakes are giving) Sounds like a faulty switch,
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 20:43
Originally posted by CLONKY CLONKY wrote:

Isnt it a faulty brake light switch? If you press the brake pedal when driving normally power is dramatically reduced (apart from the assistance the brakes are giving) Sounds like a faulty switch,
no dont think so..,  was constant driving on a long road for 45 minutes , started hesitating when i accelerated up hills and generally felt wrong, i was cruising at a steady speed for about 5 miles and the revs were climbing and dropping "by magic"! then the glow plug light flashed, i slowed down and it was in limp mode. After switching off and restarting the fault had gone.... for now.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 21:34
Cant believe it has gone wrong again
Boy you have had some luck with that van
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 21:35
DPF
Yep I think so too
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
john the sparky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 22:23
it sounds like the spiritual successor to my dobloCry
john the sparky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john the sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 22:24
(except at least it gets fixed under warranty!)

and now I've just found the edit option......Embarrassed

Edited by john the sparky - 03 Jan 11 at 22:24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>