FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sportline tyres

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
a11y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sportline tyres
    Posted: 14 Dec 10 at 08:57
Well I didn't expect to see a picture like that in a tyre thread, WTF...!

Winter tyres - well worth it for me. Managed to tow the wife's car when she got stuck on a side road. Certainly less understeer in wet/cold (close to freezing) non-snowy conditions too. PLus if you buy a van for the long-term like me then it doesn't cost you ANY extra: you can only wear out one set of tyres at once, so the summer tyres/wheels will last a longer period of time. Right tools for the job etc.

kendall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 10 at 07:32
omg, that picture really freaked me out. i thought it was real when i first looked at it!!!! 
Splitskin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splitskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 23:50
I am sticking the steelies back on. I'm convinced that the van drives way better with them and probaly is more economical with fuel and the cost of tyres. The van looks the great with the dakars but tyres are too expensive. Might look for 16" alloys at some stage.

And yes the big wheels are brutal in the snow and ice. Couldnt get up hill to work this morning in my van but all work vans cruised past me.
T5 130 with a camper conversion by 'Fast Al'
triple View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:46
Thats gonna give me nightmares now Embarrassed seriously tho i hate all that salt and shit on my expensive oz's and i think the narrower profile of the standard tyres are better in snowy conditions.

Tornado red celtic mapped lwb 174 AXE.
2014 bmw s1000r.
ktm 350 freeride
1975 yamaha rd350b
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:45
Anyway - about these Sportline tyres.......

Round black ones are best.
Poo IS funny.
simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:41
What the hell !!!
Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:41
Damian Hurst...Is that who did that hideous thing? 

my dog's a JackShihT 
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:38
Actually did somebody shave Eeyore?
Poo IS funny.
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:37
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Cruise control is great... i have a small dog that yaps imported from St Austell, Cornwall, clinically insane!
she's the one on her back.

Did Damian Hurst make your dog?
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:33

Cruise control is great... i have a small dog that yaps imported from St Austell, Cornwall, clinically insane!
she's the one on her back.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:28
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:22
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

This winter wheels and tyres thing..apart from people living in Scandanavia or the Scottish highlands,,,,. Is it another form of OCD?

Waste of time and money. Just like rotating tyres, Redex, automatics, cruise control, headlamp washers, christmas decorations on the outside of your house, a degree in surf science or media studies, a holiday in Newquay, The Notting Hill Carnival (what the fuck is that all about?) Gok Wan, small dogs that yap, a rack of ribs (you can't eat them without looking like Hannibal Lechter), carp fishing, Run To The Sun, backpacking - if it's that good, why the fuck did you come back? 

Tony - straight talking at its bestLOL

Have to admit, I do agree with all your points.....
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:17

This winter wheels and tyres thing..apart from people living in Scandanavia or the Scottish highlands,,,,. Is it another form of OCD?

Waste of time and money. Just like rotating tyres, Redex, automatics, cruise control, headlamp washers, christmas decorations on the outside of your house, a degree in surf science or media studies, a holiday in Newquay, The Notting Hill Carnival (what the fuck is that all about?) Gok Wan, small dogs that yap, a rack of ribs (you can't eat them without looking like Hannibal Lechter), carp fishing, Run To The Sun, backpacking - if it's that good, why the fuck did you come back? 
I'm almost pissing myself laughing!

Been eating Rowntrees Randoms
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:10

I'm almost pissing myself laughing!
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:04

Poo IS funny.
Big-AL View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 22:02

Errr  ??    Just a few miles up the A303 from you   , and we needed them to get to work recently , and sounds like will need again over xmas Wink

"Big-AL doesn't do spelling, but if he did, he would rpobalbe be the best in the world"

2007 Kombi 130 Sportline
Alan Ranger
www.rangersgarage.co.uk
01980 655555
MP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 21:56
The winter tyre obsession, for my part it is a bit OCD!  

But seriously, I have noticed a huge difference in grip in the lanes around where I live.  Although we didn't get that much snow recently, they don't clear or grit my lane and as it is quite steep, I would not have got up it on the original Dunlops;  Indeed, I couldn't in my girlfriend's car or a works BMW 530d.

If the M&S tyres keep me out of a ditch in the frost/ice/snow then they're worth the expenditure.

If you don't want to revert to steels, you can pick up 16" alloys for quite sensible money, sometimes for less than what I paid to powdercoat my 2nd hand steels.  Thumbs Up
Past vans - 1989 Ex-Swedish 16" Syncro & 2010 T5 GP 102
kendall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 21:41
i'm not sure whats with winter wheels. i dont think we'll ever have a weather bad enough to make me revert back to steelies, unless i was running slicks of course!!  
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 21:33
triple View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 21:30
Originally posted by simon bartlett simon bartlett wrote:

I have today ordered 2 Accelera tyres 235 50 18 101 for my "new" alloys and they come in at £75 each fitted !!
At the moment i,m using my winter stealies with michelin agilis fitted but i also use accelera 245/45/18 tyres on my alloys in the summer and they perform much better than the o/e tyres, they,ve also got a nice wide shoulder to stop kerb damage to the rim.

Tornado red celtic mapped lwb 174 AXE.
2014 bmw s1000r.
ktm 350 freeride
1975 yamaha rd350b
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>