The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vw t4 rear seat. options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slovsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vw t4 rear seat. options
    Posted: 08 Sep 10 at 17:19
I currently have the t4 beds r gr8 rock and roll bed in the back of the van but we dont go camping that much. I am thinking of changing it for a rear seat option further near the front similar to what i had before with the AA seating but i want two shoulder belts for the kids. This way i can put a few mountain bikes in the back instead and maybe buy a kyham and camp next summer instead as room for two adults one 6 and one 4 yr old does get a bit cramped.

Has anyone had t5 seats fitted

or front t4 ones fitted in the back.

Or maybe ill have to sort a rear ex aa double and put a single at the side and use the other pillar fro shoulder. I just dont think my insurance covers me for 6 people so a double has to be better.

Si

Leeds Lad!
OOO 2 LOW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

i had a 174 T5 you know..or was it a T4?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOO 2 LOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 10 at 17:25
This could be talked out forever everone wants something different I did this= 7 seater or take out the double for 5 seater lap belts are VW standard for rear facing.
Backing Britain -- Use as much fuel as I can
markalan2007 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access
the grumpy avenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markalan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 10 at 17:40
check out the rear set up on newbie cab t4 he has a rear car seat in his van with built in rear seat belts and still has the rear area for load space ideal solution ..
Or_GazM View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Or_GazM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 10 at 21:09
Not the best of pictures to show it....but I can fit EITHER the triple OR the double seat in the same position on my van....
Double seat uses belt from the "C" pillar for one side, but also has full belt for the "inside" seat.
Triple, uses both pillar mounted belts, and also a full belt for the centre.
Seats just "clip" into the floor....will get extra pics for you if of interest.
Original, it had double centre seat and triple rear....I just moved one set of mounts to allow either to fit.

BTW....This pic was actually taken in Leeds...this June, outside my mums house, just before we set off back to Norway!

Edited by Or_GazM - 09 Sep 10 at 21:12
slovsin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slovsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 10 at 21:32
i would love to use a ex AA double that folds down and use a shoulder belt from both c pillars but i didnt believe you could get one to stretch that far. suppose could move the mushroom bolts central and use both pillars.

cheers

Leeds Lad!
Or_GazM View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Or_GazM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 10 at 22:42
Both my double and triple seats have a shoulder belt attached to the seat!
NOT using "mushroom" fittings for the seats tho'....they have a "slot" fitting, about 6" by 3" that were let into the floor....with angle iron brackets underneath....will try get some pics for you this weekend.

Front of seat "drops" into the front slot, rear of seat then "clicks" into the rear slots...two each side on the double....2 in the MIDDLE for the triple....difficult to explain, but I'll get some pics.

Edited by Or_GazM - 09 Sep 10 at 22:45
vanwah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 16 at 11:54
OOO 2 LOW nice! How did you fix the rear facing double seat? Are they Reimo rails?
 Post Reply Post Reply