Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You got Fridge problems????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 10 at 22:03
I'm not the one who needs to relax here. Again, you could benefit from your own advice. I'm just expressing an opinion, not blowing a gasket and getting all sweary and upset. 
1986 Joker 1.6TD
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 10 at 22:06
Originally posted by rogerthecat rogerthecat wrote:

Horns, you are Diamond Hell and I claim my £5.

now thats funny!!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 10 at 11:24
DIAMOND HELL

'kinell there a name from the past  Big smile

Although I seem to remember him popping up over on "Terry and June" not so long ago...
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 10 at 11:43
Haven't you got a van to finish?
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 10 at 11:48
erm...  

yes 

*goes to get coat and spanners*
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 10 at 17:27
LOL
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Spongebob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 20:35

I’m hoping someone can help me with what should be a simple fridge problem because I haven’t found an answer on other existing threads.  My Electrolux RM 184 EGI model runs perfectly on mains and 12v and also on gas until recently.  I’m now unable to use it on gas simply because I can no longer hear the electronic ignition working.  I’m hoping it may just be a fuse but I thought I would ask for advice on this forum first before I start pulling things apart.

Any ideas please? Confused

pirate-pete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pirate-pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 10 at 23:05
May be a bit of rust or something has fallen down the flue and shorted out the spark igniter on the back of the fridge to the jet or the combustion cage. Happened to mine and after removing the flake of rust the igniter was back to normal again.
jameshere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameshere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 03:25
Could also be that the gap between the tip on the end of the HT lead down to the burner and the nearest ground has become too wide for a spark to jump - I have experienced that.  
When investigating the problem I disconnected the HT wire from the igniter, whereupon it immediatly started to "click", demonstrating that it was operational, and I received a series of mild shocks through my hand!  This was an easy way to check it out.
James
'94 Florida 
Spongebob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 11:16
Pete, James, Thanks for the tips.  I'll pull it all out and have a good look whilst trying to avoid a series of electric shocks Shocked

I'm sure once I've disturbed everything behind the fridge I will have enough problems to start a whole new thread (but I'll try not to).
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 12:25
Change the fuse on the pillar by the drivers seat first, its in the little black box and are bullet type ceramic- mine had shorted out.
89 Cali Pop Top
Spongebob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 13:56
Gandalf, I had thought about these but because the red ignition light was still illuminated I thought they must be ok.  Have I made a schoolboy error?  I'll pop both fuses out and replace with new just to be sure because if it means not dragging the fridge out it's got to be worth it.  Is this type of fuse easy to find from Kevin Coopers etc?

Thanks.
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 14:01
Mine is a little temperamental eg if its a warmish day or its stood in direct sunlight the ignition light comes on but no clicking - I just wait a couple of mins (with gas off) and it then starts to click - gas on quickly and press the little button for 5 seconds or so and job done.

Re the fuses - best to go to a smaller motor factors - they will have them (ones blue, one is redish but can't remember the amp or which one does what - sorry). Also give the terminals a bit of a clean as crap builds up over the years.
89 Cali Pop Top
Spongebob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 10 at 14:30
When I removed the fuses there was some green crap around the top of the reddish/brown fuse terminal so I'll give it a bit of a clean before I pop some new fuses back in.  I'll also try your method of waiting a couple of minutes as I've been switching it back off after no longer than 15 seconds.  Thanks again for the tips.
niko View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nice fella.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 10 at 20:44
Originally posted by Horns Horns wrote:

So your fridge works? Congratulations. Was it really worth starting yet another fridge thread to tell us, though?

Come on Horns....Chill out,cool off,put your criticism on ice....Wink

you could have chosen any one of 10,000 pointless threads.....this one actually has a purpose.
not like you.
Horns View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 10 at 00:32

I don't even like aquatic mammals.

Still, now this is a sticky it makes a lot more sense. My apologies.

Edited by Horns - 07 Dec 10 at 00:57
1986 Joker 1.6TD
Horns View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 10 at 00:57
  Note to self - learn to hit the correct buttons, sausage-fingers.

Edited by Horns - 07 Dec 10 at 00:58
1986 Joker 1.6TD
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 11 at 21:22
mine does not seem to work on any of the three settings.

on gas i can hear the ignitore clicking ..and light flashes (allthough cant see a spark at bottom of fridge , are you suppose to ? ) I cant hear any gas , and is it suppose to be really hard to get your finger into that hole ? Dead

on 12v and 240v nothing :(

it will be coming out at the weekend for a look over

Matt

Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 11 at 19:44
Have you read the Joker manual on how to fire the fridge on gas?
Sunny Lancs
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 11 at 07:48
Originally posted by Joker_Club Joker_Club wrote:

Have you read the Joker manual on how to fire the fridge on gas?

yes , but nothing ...

the push button on mine is very deep into the hole ... my fat fingers dont reach .. have to use my small finger to push Confused

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>