The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone fitted a Brickwerks stainless steel exhaust
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone fitted a Brickwerks stainless steel exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 13:36
I've not looked into turning the fuel up, but hows this done??

timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 13:47
fuelling screw on top of pump in amongst the four fuel outlet pipes. Has a hex/screw head, and 13mm locknut at base, and probably a pinched security shroud to stop people tampering! I just undid the locknut and got a quarter turn without removing the anti tamper collar. I'm sure there's a better approach but that's what I did. Not sure how far you can go with this but most base it on the amount of smoke being chucked out when overfuelled. Better to do some reasearch!Smile
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 14:29
please fit an egt gauge before upping the fueling - very easy to give it too much and blow up yer engine
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 14:55
I went a quarter turn. that's pretty safe isn't it? Or does it not work like that?  Could it be more harmful than messing with the turbo?
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 20:11
That's another WBX exhaust done today...
ggrrr..
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 20:14
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

That's another WBX exhaust done today...
ggrrr..

Oh stop it, you look forward to them all coming in Big smile
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 20:25
May need one soon on the Westy to match the backbox and the stainless RJES special for the ScoobyVelle - you got any gaps in the diary after August?Big smile
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
mr bricolage View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr bricolage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 23:14
Oh you got one in the end. Sounds awesome doesn't it
Euramobil Terestra
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 23:19
Originally posted by rogerthecat rogerthecat wrote:

May need one soon on the Westy to match the backbox and the stainless RJES special for the ScoobyVelle - you got any gaps in the diary after August?Big smile

Next booking is December.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 23:41
December is after August

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
PaulG View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 10:34
Simon, Stop winging about fitting exhaust systems - you started the craze in the first place!

Sadly, they don't stay shiney silver coloured for long do they?  Mine is now a bronze colour, and I believe all ss exhausts go that way?

Now then, noise levels/noise 'quality'.  I was at the Cropredy Featival a couple of days ago, preparing to leave the campsite, van ticking over to warm the engine up a bit before the assault on the mud to get out into the road, and a couple of guys walked past, did a double-take and one said to the other " Nice van, sounds sweet".  The other one said "Look. it's been to Brickwerks, what do you expect"

Treat yourself to an extra one of Tee3's biccies this morning Simon, I think you've earned it!  It occured to me afterwards that I should have asked them who they were but I was taking the awning down and what with the hangover and everything... ...
Brick-Yard. Not a club, more a way of doing things. (Robert Fripp - kind of...)
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 13:56
Originally posted by PaulG PaulG wrote:

Treat yourself to an extra one of Tee3's biccies this morning Simon, I think you've earned it!

Simons on Holiday, so weve got chocolate gateaux and naked women serving us cherries dipped in cream.

Dont worry Simon... ive got reciepts

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 13:57
Thought the type of women you'd have got in never do receipts Wink
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 14:00
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

Thought the type of women you'd have got in never do receipts Wink

"She dunt do major credit cards, I doubt she does reciepts... its all not quite legitimate"

Its okay, weve booked it for "medical services... ive had these work related injury for a few weeks resulting in "stiffness"...

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

PaulG View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 14:37
When the cat's away... ... LOL
Brick-Yard. Not a club, more a way of doing things. (Robert Fripp - kind of...)
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 17:29
Don't tell me Simon's burnt him self out doing 3x exhaust in a week!!!
Could of fitted mine the weekend if I'd ordered the bloody gasket with the exhaust, never mind I had a day doing nothing instead......
Well did some house work stuff for the Mrs but of course that's not real work is it?LOL

Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 13:21

Finally fitted it on Sat morning and I've got to say it looks good, doesn't sound any different but I've noticed it pulls a lot better from 2K upto 4K, can also here the turbo now, did think about refitting the rear exhaust trim cover but thought what's the point as you couldn't see it them.

Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 10 at 14:00
Forgot to say top marks to Simon for quality, bolted straight on from the box, and hopefully the last exhaust I'll ever need to fit to the van.
Fuck I've spent some money on it recently, bloody good job the mrs and me have our own bank accounts otherwise I'd have no balls left!

Normally I pass stuff of as an ebay bargin, but a bit different with the exhaust ConfusedConfused
As I was fitting it she muttered something about "I'm off to next" what ever that is!!!

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 10 at 18:03
Originally posted by sbbfuk sbbfuk wrote:

did think about refitting the rear exhaust trim cover but thought what's the point as you couldn't see it them.

the full width cover? wanna sell?

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Andytee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 10 at 12:32
Ditto! If anyone has a decent full width exhaust cover hiding in their garage I am deffo interested. Mine is crumbling like cheese...
Atlantic poptop
Nissan Leaf
Really want a Tesla!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>