The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bench seat back angle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bench seat back angle
    Posted: 10 Jun 10 at 18:31
I have an 59 sportline with a double front passenger seat.  It is OK but the seat back is a bit upright.  Has anyone found a tweek that will allow the seat back angle to be increased.
VWmatT28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWmatT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 10 at 20:15
Sorry i can't help but i'd like to do the same to my bench seat.

Watching with interest!! 
robsym View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 10 at 22:13
ditto, if anyone knows how to do this then please share!
Kirky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 22:11
We had same problem my good lady could not stop moaning, so ordered two new front captains seats from rib as well as a rib bed ! Bloody expensive but should be a lot better!
Steve
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 23:12
I've not messed with my double but my drivers captain seat, I found it too 'flat' so I've tilted it a little by packing under the front fixings.

I should think the same thing could be done with the double? It would lift the front edge and tilt the back rest.

Edited by Berisford - 14 Jun 10 at 23:13
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
VWmatT28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWmatT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 23:29
Berisford Clap take a bow son!!

Simple ideas are always the best and why didn't i think of that for the front seats thats exactly what i did when i fitted a front bench seat in the back of mine! DOH!!

I used stainless steel square plate/washers that i found in a DIY store
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 21:18
I never sit in  that seat , I drive   from the right seat , the one with armrests . Wink
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 22:44
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

I never sit in  that seat , I drive   from the right seat , the one with armrests . Wink

Yes me too, but don't you find the captains seat a bit 'flat'?

By jacking up the front I find it much more comfortable, with a little extra support under the back of my legs, a fair amount of recline and both arm rests down I'm well in command, so to speak. Big smile
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 23:03
Originally posted by Berisford Berisford wrote:

Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

Yes me too, but don't you find the captains seat a bit 'flat'?

By jacking up the front I find it much more comfortable, with a little extra support under the back of my legs, a fair amount of recline and both arm rests down I'm well in command, so to speak. Big smile
i guess it is a little flat come to think of it , its never bothered me too much ,  it does seem to get flatter as you lower it on the ratchet lever , as if it moves on a kind of arc .  I tend to have the seat quite high but on a long trip I tend to move it down and back up to give my legs different positions , thats how i notice it flatter when lower Sleepy  

My god that sounds anal when I read it again
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 23:11
top idea
think ill be buying lots of washers and doing this to all the seats as I think they are all to upright
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
 Post Reply Post Reply