The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diesel???ABT????Confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Greece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel???ABT????Confused
    Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 01:09
Anyone know of what this is? it looks like a diesel, ( injector piping and no spark-plugs), the seller got it from Germany and thinks it's of a MK1 Golf and capable of 130hp, which i think is sad. What do you think?
k?
More time spent under it than in it....
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 07:57
ABT is a german tuning company.

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en

any more pics?

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Beelzibus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 22:27
That's a 1.6 GTi engine, the plugs are there somewhere I'll bet.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 22:32
deffo looks like an 8V GTI. Even the oil cooler is familiar. I reckon its just the angle of the photo thats "hiding" the plug holes

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Stephen Greece View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Greece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 22:56
Only this photo up ...Sorry
It is of a MK1 golf, maybe just the cylinder head is an ABT accessory and it is probably a petrol version, as i see no pump, but i also see no spark plugs, what i do see is some suspiciously organized pipework going on at the left hand side like diesel injector piping....???????? Still confused bout what it could be.

Deep down, i think it is a petrol...Confused
Beelzibus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 23:02
Honestly it's a 1.6GTi lump. The pipes are the injector lines, these engines run Bosch K-Jet fuel injection which is a mechanical system with a metering head and separate lines to the four injectors. The ABT bit is just a fancy alloy cam cover.
I can even tell you for certain that it's a 1.6 and not a 1.8 as I can see the edge of the water outlet on the front of the head, on 1.6 engines it at the left as you look at the block, and angled, on 1.8s it's on the right and comes straight out.
Stephen Greece View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Greece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 23:05
""The pipes are the injector lines, these engines run Bosch K-Jet fuel injection which is a mechanical system""Thumbs Up
Nice.... learned something new then! didn't know of that....
 Post Reply Post Reply