The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caddy Rear Seat Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caddy Rear Seat Conversion
    Posted: 26 May 10 at 11:51

You may be interested, in a rear seat conversion we have just done on a Caddy Van  ?

The seat is the Rear one (not middle ) from a caddy Maxi.  

Goes in nicely , but is still quick release ..

Bulkhead removed and trimed out using VW panels

No cutting of footwell, so keeps the full van payload,   Ideal if you just need a seat in the rear for local journeys etc..

"Big-AL doesn't do spelling, but if he did, he would rpobalbe be the best in the world"

2007 Kombi 130 Sportline
Alan Ranger
www.rangersgarage.co.uk
01980 655555
dubbin1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubbin1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 11 at 03:09
Now you've got me thinking about my Caddy from work Wink.
Say NO! to Fords and French Shite.
Smithysmoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithysmoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 22:39
How much would this cost me to have done.
roadmark69 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmark69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 11 at 21:34
Just put one in my caddy just need to sort the belts out.
I will upload some pics once finished.
Mark Coates - Purveyor of mats for T3, T4 and T5 - E-mail - 07917542685
http://www.megavanmats.com/
Smithysmoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithysmoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 11 at 12:11
Yeah lets have a look at the pics?? Where did you get the seat from and the quick releases??
roadmark69 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmark69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 11 at 23:00
I bought the seat 12mths ago.Its from the back row of seats in a caddy life.
The mushroom bolts are from VW.
The belt will need a mounting point making up as there is only two points in a panel van  from factory.I know where the third one needs to be,so will show it on some pics. 
Mark Coates - Purveyor of mats for T3, T4 and T5 - E-mail - 07917542685
http://www.megavanmats.com/
LI LI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LI LI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 12 at 20:38
Hi BigAL;

Have been looking at your rear seat conversion. We have a vw caddy and have just bought the maxi rearseat. I note that you have used the mushroom bolts to fix this to the floor. Can you advise us how many bolts you used (? x2) and how does the seat stay in place with no forward movement. We can only see x2 fixing points in the pictures and the base of the seat only has x2 points to accommodate the mushroom bolts. Plus any advice on how to succeed with this dayvan conversion and pictures would be greatly appreciated. My email is lrtherapy@hotmail.com - this may be more convenient.

With kind regards.
jabooth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 12 at 23:00
Hi, I have these seats and have bought the mushroom bolts from VW, how do they fit to the floor? Please could someone point me in the right direction, many thanks
Bricktop013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bricktop013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 12 at 19:10
Hi
I have purchased these seats and im looking for as much info as possible, i have asked my local VW garage about the bolts i need but they seem unsure. Am i right in thinking you can get slightly longer bolts which will fit through the ply lined floor and do you know the part number for them? Also hole spacings would be great aswell and i take it i will need four bolts?

Thanks
Big-AL View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 13 at 14:02
Hi Guys

When I say we did the conversion,     its was our idea, we sourced parts and http://cotrim.co.uk/ in Salisbury did final install and re-trimming ..
Any tech quires best call them direct   01722-  324524  ..Wink
"Big-AL doesn't do spelling, but if he did, he would rpobalbe be the best in the world"

2007 Kombi 130 Sportline
Alan Ranger
www.rangersgarage.co.uk
01980 655555
 Post Reply Post Reply