The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front seat options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front seat options
    Posted: 25 May 10 at 13:01

The front seats in my T3 are in dia need of a retrim to repair a rip and match the rear. As it would prob be cheaper to get a pair of seats, what options do I have? I see alot of people are putting Saab seats in, but why? I understand the runners on most seats will have to be modded. Looking for a seat with flat bottom bolsters.  

johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 14:26
Saab 900/9000 seats (with runners) will bolt flat to the floor.  Not sure about Saab 93.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
Horns View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 17:31

Originally posted by Dom Dom wrote:

I see alot of people are putting Saab seats in, but why?

Because they're the comfiest car seats in the world.

1986 Joker 1.6TD
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 17:47
bollocks. fit some recaros (THE comfiest seats in the world, fact , no arguing ,so there!!) Tongue
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Horns View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 17:49
Nah - those are for chavs, aren't they?
1986 Joker 1.6TD
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 17:51
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

bollocks. fit some recaros (THE comfiest seats in the world, fact , no arguing ,so there!!) Tongue
aberdare. south wales

Horns View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
No1 Mass Debater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 17:55
And then stick a fat exhaust on the back and some neons underneath. Sorted! Wink
1986 Joker 1.6TD
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 18:18
Originally posted by Dom Dom wrote:

The front seats in my T3 are in dia need of a retrim to repair a rip and match the rear. As it would prob be cheaper to get a pair of seats, what options do I have? I see alot of people are putting Saab seats in, but why? I understand the runners on most seats will have to be modded. Looking for a seat with flat bottom bolsters.  

Got leather saabs in mine dom, not alot of bother to modify and very comfy almost as comfy as Recaros I reckon. Wink

Hawklord View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawklord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 18:25
[/QUOTE]

not alot of bother to modify

[/QUOTE]

So, what exactly do you have to do to modify them? I''m pretty lucky as my local scrappy is probably the cheapest in the UK! He'll only charge me a fiver or tenner max for a pair of seats!

2001 Sprinter, like a LT35 with a decent engine!
johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 18:31
Paid £60 for a good pair of Saab 9000 leather seats.  Money very ell spent.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 19:15
Originally posted by Hawklord Hawklord wrote:

not alot of bother to modify

[/QUOTE]

So, what exactly do you have to do to modify them? I''m pretty lucky as my local scrappy is probably the cheapest in the UK! He'll only charge me a fiver or tenner max for a pair of seats!

[/QUOTE]

Follow these instructions:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/georgina_shaun/T3_website/fitting.html

Wink

Dom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 11:05
Cheers Caron, quality!!
Stephen Greece View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Greece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 11:54
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

Fit recaros, very comfy, a great fit, van looks "correct" and you can even fit the OEM T3 Headrests for that Original look which in my opinion is the best, Saab seats are too "space age" for a T3, they stand out too much, although i am sure they are comfortable.
More time spent under it than in it....
Nev View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 15:22

I have some capri recaros but I replacing with the original vw seats with armrests.

A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3
Stephen Greece View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Greece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 23:05
Good look with yer back then... i put my original seats in .......a box !
More time spent under it than in it....
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 08:12
these are the recaros from my old california.

proper comfy.

with arm rests tooWink
aberdare. south wales

RODEO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RODEO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 08:47
S/hand seat costs seem to vary a lot from supplier to supplier.Been trawling e bay a lot lately looking for some. All the good ones are miles away ,and therefore not viable financially!
   Depends how much work you want to do,I s'pose any seat base can be modded to fit ,providing the basic size criteria fits in the van.
Nev View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 18:20
Originally posted by Stephen Greece Stephen Greece wrote:

Good look with yer back then... i put my original seats in .......a box !
I didnt think they too bad.
Do T4 seats fit in?
A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 19:09
anybody used mk5 golf type seats? i have some from a touran im going to fit, there a bit wider than saab seats but seems like they might do the trick, flat bases as well, once i know they fit i will be looking out for some heated eos seats or passat even, 
HanoverHeritage View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HanoverHeritage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 19:53
I've just fitted a MkIV Golf GTI drivers recaro in my panel van, a lot of cutting and grinding but using the original metal T3 base and welding it looks trickWink
Just got to cut the golf GTI recaro rear down to make a two seater for the passengers.
Confused
Stuart.
www.westfaliasparesuk.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>