FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 2.5 TDI power loss HELP?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 2.5 TDI power loss HELP?
    Posted: 02 Jun 10 at 06:48
I know this is a long shot but?

van runs ok for about a 60 seconds then it loses power until 2500revs?
would anyone know what the ECU / valves do from startup to about 5 min's? or would I need to see a VW dealer??

Many thanks Simon
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 10 at 08:59
I think it's nearly sorted fault P1252 was a open circuit (broken wire) causing N108 (commencement of injection valve) to be in the retarded posision?
So now I have no faults on the vag-com.
It still simes that it has no power until the turbo kicks in? (turbo has never worked before)?
what would you now think I should do?? is it a matter of cleaning the EGR circuit? or changing the vac pipes?

Many thanks simon
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 14:10
Only fault I'm getting is

17660 - cold start Injector (N108) : open or short to Ground
              P1252 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Any pointers ?

Many thanks simon
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 12:50
Got new MAF today and fitted it but the van still runs the same?
sorted the N74 valve?
Also got a vag-com? only fault is about coldstart??

any advise would be great.

Many thanks simon
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 10 at 20:05
Many thanks for the reply I'll get  new MAF sensor .
I was woundering if anyone knows if the N74 and N18 valves are just 3 port valves?
Also I looked on ebay for a vag-com there are so many could someone recomend one or say witch are ok?

Again many thanks for your time and I hope I can be helpfull to others on the forum in the future.

simon
JB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 10 at 17:16
It does sound like your Air Mass Meter (MAF). If it's not plugged in the van will be slow. If it's slower when you plug it in (mine was when I got it - this is how I know) it is properly toasted. Get a new one! I hear VW Van centres are the place to get one, but mine was a ridiculous amount cheaper from GSF and seems to work fine - it's only been in there a few months now but I've had no problems from it.
You might have some issues with the N75 but I've not messed with mine as it works..
When it's plugged in and working your van will be about twice as quick and much better to drive. You shouldn't have to do anything to the engine management, it will probably have a code set from running it unplugged but it won't affect anything once the new one is in. You might as well get on Ebay and get a vag-com lead - they're about a tenner and will let you know what the computer's up to, and all the other sensors that cause mystery mayhem! TDI club (another forum) has loads of useful info about TDi's, even though it's mostly about americans running passats...
If it ain't broke - fix it till it is..
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 10 at 22:12
Hello again is it correct that as my MAF is not plugged in that if I plug it in I'll need to disconnect the batt for 30 min's?
Many thanks
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 10 at 06:58
Many thanks for reply.
When I plug the MAF in it runs a lot worse than when it's disconnected?
I'm concerned that it has a 6 pin plug as the MAF's I'v seen are all 5 pin?

Many thanks simon
Or_GazM View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Or_GazM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 10 at 20:04
ECU should only reset error codes when powered down....anything else should remain.
Without a MAF....performance should always be cr*p unless someone, somehow, bypassed it...but it's an integral part of the "input" to the engine!...one of the ways to check for a faulty MAF is to dissconnect it and see if the engine is WORSE without it...

Suggest a trip to Brickies and get it sorted....it's not as far as I'M driving for some work done there!
druid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 19:40
Good afternoon all hope someone could help me out as I have got my self in a mess??
I'v had the van over 2 !/2 years and all been ok However I have never noticed any Turbo Input?
Oh van is t4 2.5 tdi 1997 ACV . any way I took the van off the road to change drive shaft boots, rear brake's and some tiyding on the body work at some point I disconnected the battery for charging? now I'v got it back on the road there's a lack of power?? tryed to check all the small pipes but they are not connected like the drawing I have (N23-0418) ?
charge pressure valve (N75) been replaced with a (N18) valve?
thers no pipe fitted to (N75)(N18) breather?
There also parts I cannot find like the vacuum reservoir, Non-return valve but I'm not sure what they look like??
MAF sensor not connected but it has never been connected whilst I'v had the van and when i connected it I lost all power?
It was doing around 35 to the gallon befor I took it off the road but now around 15 MPG?
Also the MAF plug is a 6 pin but I can only find drawings for a 5 pin plug?
Hope someone ill be able to point me in the right direction as I am thinking that someone has messed with the ecu and turned tings off and when I disconnected the battery the ecu has reset to default?? Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help
I'll keep trolling through the forun and see if I can find any more pointers?

Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply