The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Central Locking Issues - VAG-COM fault codes help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central Locking Issues - VAG-COM fault codes help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Locking Issues - VAG-COM fault codes help
    Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 11:53
Hi there,

I am a newbie on the site but have been reading items on the forum for a while now, excellent source of information! 

I have a problem with my central locking on my T30 2004 T5.  The central locking works via the drivers door but the remote does not work and I have just found out that the side sliding door is also not locking via the key or remote (but does manually).  Having read similar threads on this forum, I have tried the following in an attempt to rectify the issue:

a) I replaced the key fob battery
b) I checked the connectors to the convenience unit
c) I checked all of the fuses via my multimeter to ensure continuity
d) I resoldered the wire going to the convenience unit as it looked a little corroded (green)
e) Having checked, cleaned and rebuilt the sliding door lock mechanism I found the convenience unit was not sending a signal to the lock.  I replaced the convenience unit but the issue remains
f) I have now purchased VAG-COM (as I thought this was a good long-tyerm investment) and scanned the whole van and found the following faults;

Address 19: CAN Gateway        Labels: 6N0-909-901-19.lbl

Part No: 6N0 909 901

Component: Gateway K<->CAN    0001 

Coding: 00006

Shop #: WSC 02737 

1 Fault Found:

01336 - Data Bus for Comfort System

80-10 - Single-Wire Operation - Intermittent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels: 7H0-959-433.lbl

Part No: 7H0 959 433 B

Component: C2B Komfortgerát     0004 

Coding: 00017

Shop #: WSC 00000 

3 Faults Found:

00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220)

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded

35-00 -  -

I have tried to recode the control module but it (VAG-COM) seemed to be in a continuous loop without completing the job?

Does anyone who has VAG-COM experience know what I might be doing wrong?  I can't see both passenger and drivers door locks being faulty given they both work via the key, so not sure what the fault codes are suggesting is wrong? 

Many thanks for reading, any help would be much appreciated.

The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 19:11

Did you buy the convienience module from VW? If so it should've been coded correctly. Take it back with your VAG-COM printout as it clearly says '01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded '. If it was an ebay cheapy I guess your fucked.

Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 19:11

I have VCDS.  I wish I understood the can-bus system Confused  I think the single wire codes are often a sign of a bad connection somewhere.  I think the ECU wants to see high and low can signals returning (I'm not sure what they are Confused)  but when it misses either one it causes a fault code and this is the 'Single wire bit'.  Some sort of coping thing.  I'd have a closer look at that loom from the convenience unit forwards up the loom for corrosion.  Just a guess really.

2004 2.5 174
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 20:26
Is your VCDS registered or flebay one?    If you replaced the conv unit you must have already coded the immobilzer ok then? 

01044 is the fault code not the coding of the convenience unit.  Pay attenntion Loon!  LOL
2004 2.5 174
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 20:28
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

Is your VCDS registered or flebay one?    If you replaced the conv unit you must have already coded the immobilzer ok then? 

01044 is the fault code not the coding of the convenience unit.  Pay attenntion Loon!  LOL

Am I correct in saying that the convenience unit cannot be coded without the SKC code?

If so VCDS cannot extract this, VAG TACHO is required

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 21:14
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

Yes 01044 is the fault code and it's description is Control Module Incorrectly Coded. Unless I'm missing something, that means the Control Module has been incorrectly coded and along with it comes the corresponding fault code, which is shown above. The answer to the problem is there in black and white, is it not? ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Warren569 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 21:36
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.  Answer to a few questions;

a) Yes, I bought the convenience unit directly from VAG (TPS Sothampton) and used reg. no. to  make sure I got correct part (part no.'s match the original unit);
b) I bought original VAG-COM software with liscence.  Only got it yesterday but having read the online pdf user manual it seems relatively easy to use;
c) I have checked the connections and cleaned up the 3 plugs going into the convenience unit at length, as the original unit did have corrosion on the connections.  I tried putting 12v DC directly down the plug to the side door lock, as this was not working off the drivers door lock/unlock and I could actuate the lock manually.  This was why I thought the conevenience unit was at fault, as it seemed that the unit was not triggering;

I tried to recode the convenience unit again but it is not working, although my alarm is now working for the first time I have owned the van.

It looks like I will need to go to VW to get the key/convenience unit recoded?

The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 22:43
Originally posted by Warren569 Warren569 wrote:

and used reg. no. to  make sure I got correct part (part no.'s match the original unit)

Obtaining the correct part is the easy bit. Did you get the dealer to code it before you tried to install it? I'm guessing this part didn't come from the factory but a warehouse somewhere, hence it came uncoded. It would then be up to the dealer to get the correct coding from the factory and do the coding for you.

Am I right in supposing you took the coding from the old unit, saved it, and are now trying to flash the new one?

Off to the dealers methinks.........

Edited by The Loon - 30 Apr 10 at 22:47
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 23:09
VAG TACHO should be able to extract the SKC and can be purchased for £25........

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 23:18
Well as far as I know the coding of the conv unit (as seen on VCDS by clicking 'Central  Conv'  46  then 'Coding') shows the coding of the conv unit which refers to the equipment you have on board.  Mine is 00078 which allows for the electric windows and whatever else I have run by the conv unit.  You can change this code with VCDS.  The immobilizer part of the conv unit is something else.  I haven't used VCDS for this but the procedure is on the VCDS website.  For T5's I thought VCDS could do it as long as you have the SKC (Secret key code) which comes with the van.  There is no chance of extracting it with VCDS at least.  Later VW's have to be actually at the dealer where the immobilizer is matched live to VW HQ and unseen by anyone except God or Bill Gates maybe.

Apologies to The Loon for any offence I'm here to learn and there is plenty of scope! Big smile

Edited by T5 TDI - 30 Apr 10 at 23:39
2004 2.5 174
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 10 at 23:25

I've seen the 'incorrect coding' fault code once before.  When the original (unconnected) problem was fixed, it cleared ok. 

Edited by T5 TDI - 30 Apr 10 at 23:36
2004 2.5 174
Warren569 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 10 at 14:09
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.  I have booked the van into my local VW dealer for a RC recode on Thursday, will let you lnow what transpires.

Cheers,
Warren 
Liquidfreak View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 10 at 20:22
Any luck with the re-code?
2004 VW T5 Panel Van T30 2.5 130 AXD Engine
Warren569 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 10 at 14:13
Hi there,

I have been awol for some time, moved house, business premises and then went on holiday in the space of a few weeks and it very nearly killed me.

The reprogramming went well (thanks to Breeze VW in Totton!) and my remote control now works as it should, well all except for the sliding door lock which probably needs replacing. 

Thanks to all who offered me advice, great forum!

Warren     
 Post Reply Post Reply