The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MkIII Golf 2 litre in T3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:39
what about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-3bar-petrol-fuel-pump-kitcar-project-hotrod-/270747470645?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f09ce8b35
I taste Hurty!
Ruben View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 12:53
Nearly every injection pump will fit.
I got some cheap ones from ebay for about 60€, take a look at the picture in ebay 260757088840.
They look all nearly the same, some are silver - some black, but they will do the job.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 20:37
Originally posted by Gtavalanche Gtavalanche wrote:

Can anyone suggest a decent fuel pump, as i dont fancy using the 25 year old mk2 one thats on the donor van. Its looks a little worse for wear!!

pumps are available as are seals for afformentioned? why create work for ones self?

Edited by rowlesy - 31 May 11 at 20:38
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 11 at 11:41
Its not the seals thats the problem really all the plastic parts have become brittle, and it was held in the donor van with a couple of straps and some tie wraps. If you saw it youd know what i mean, Its fooked!

Edited by Gtavalanche - 01 Jun 11 at 13:14
I taste Hurty!
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 11 at 17:18
Hey, the engine and box are now hanging in the back of the van. As this was a half finished project the plumbing wasnt completely done.  Just wondered if anyone can help me out with a diagram of what needs to go where.
I dont have the diesel hoses that most people use, but i do have a load of waterboxer pipes and lots of joiners and jubilee clips. Cheers for your help.

Edited by Gtavalanche - 27 Feb 12 at 10:08
I taste Hurty!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 11 at 18:56
pics on me doka thread! numbers down there and if i can help anymore give me a shout! can get more pics if you want too!

T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 11 at 22:15

Just gathering the bits to do mine now...

Getting a bit confused about the different diesel parts though... no personal experience with diesel!

Which bits have to come from a JX?

Obviously engine bars and bellhousing are not engine specific, but what about the sump, starter and oil pickup strainer?

Cheers!
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
1.8T Conversion sat on an engine stand waiting for spare time.
HarryMann View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryMann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 01:05
Quote Obviously engine bars and bellhousing are not engine specific, but what about the sump, starter and oil pickup strainer?

Er, you mean petrol/diesel design specific, or diesel/diesel petrol/petrol specific ? Cos they are.. the former.. different from petrol to diesel !

Best you check through the list here somewhere... ah, here it is:-

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpecific/T3/info/mods/aaz.htm

Edited by HarryMann - 30 Jun 11 at 01:07
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 08:42
Cheers for the help rowlesly.

I could do with knowing which pipes connect to what, then I can see what i can do with the pipes ive got.
So....Which pipe connects to which flange?

A= Hot pipe to radiator
B= Cold Pipe from Radiator
C= Flange from Radiator
D= Flange from Rear of Bay
E= Flange on top of engine
F= Bottom of Reservoir
G= Top of Resevoir
H=Thin pipe from rear of manifold

Do i need the steam valve thing?
Which header tank is better to use AGG one of T3 diesel and expansion tank.?

I taste Hurty!
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 12:53
Originally posted by HarryMann HarryMann wrote:

Quote Obviously engine bars and bellhousing are not engine specific, but what about the sump, starter and oil pickup strainer?

Er, you mean petrol/diesel design specific, or diesel/diesel petrol/petrol specific ? Cos they are.. the former.. different from petrol to diesel !

Best you check through the list here somewhere... ah, here it is:-

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpecific/T3/info/mods/aaz.htm

Sorry, I meant not diesel engine specific. e.g the engine bars are the same whichever diesel engine you have.

I think I've answered my own question about the sump - I am presuming that it is better to have a normally aspirated diesel sump for this conversion, as you don't need the oil return line for a turbo.

Cheers for the link, I will have a read!
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 19:55

Cheers for the help rowlesly.

I could do with knowing which pipes connect to what, then I can see what i can do with the pipes ive got.
So....Which pipe connects to which flange?

A= Hot pipe to radiator
B= Cold Pipe from Radiator
C= Flange from Radiator
D= Flange from Rear of Bay
E= Flange on top of engine
F= Bottom of Reservoir
G= Top of Resevoir
H=Thin pipe from rear of manifold

Do i need the steam valve thing?
Which header tank is better to use AGG one of T3 diesel and expansion tank.?

good shot on the next page too! end of cylinder head outlet goes to heater matrix and returns to the oil cooler tee (cant see that well in any pics) but its identical to any standard diesel so get yourself some diesel water pipes and cylinder head outlets off a jx?

Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 11 at 16:51
Thats exactly what i didnt want to hear! Anybody got any? Cheers for the help>
I taste Hurty!
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 11 at 19:53

Thats exactly what i didnt want to hear! Anybody got any? Cheers for the help>

Looks like bayvelle has some for sale.....

1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 11 at 09:15
Cheers, lets hope he's still got em!
I taste Hurty!
transporT3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transporT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 11 at 18:44
Hi peeps ! new to this forum, have been meaning to get round to signing up for quite a while now but, now feel the time is right as i am also in the process of piecing together all the associated parts for a 2.0 8v conversion, please be gentle on me ! Wink

First question though, what is the difference between the 2E and the AGG coded engines ?? is it purely down to different spec'd components like ECU working in conjunction with a transponder key etc ?

I currently have a relatively low mileage 2.1 wbx so have the AAP gearbox, good start i suppose, & have my eye on some engines that are available at the moment, one being a 97 plate GTi covered 95k, can be heard running, with all ancillaries loom and ecu for a very good price. As you can imagine, i want to be fully clued up before jumping in with both feet, so any do's or dont's and tip along the way would greatly be appreciated.

After trawling through the normal places, i am struggling to find a diesel bell housing atm, would anyone know of somebody they could put me in touch with that has got one for sale ? guessing i should expect pay something in the region of 30-£60 for one ?, judging by what has been offered fairly recently. Not sure what diesel bars i have currently, but could get some others no problem but am i right to say there are syncro diesel bars that differ ?? all the other bits i have sourced and have to order tomorrow. Since deciding to go the 2.0 route, i have to say i have been fixated on the threads of Jonox's panel van, Garyd's, (both excellent stuff !!) and that shot of Ruben's pic of his engine on a stand showing the simplicity of the exhaust system rather than a series of snakes connected to a wbx LOL

Starting to really bond with the old brick now as it too needs tlc as, the usual places needs attention so have started to get suck in and give it everything it deserves as, we have had it a few years now and intend to own it indefinitely, or rather, let the van own us LOL 

Ideally, i would love to keep the cc's to 2.1 but i'm sure that could be dealt with eventually but, unsure of feasibility of torque gain over an already healthy 2.0 & if at all economically viable ??

Your thoughts please and any advise / guidance would be welcomed gladly Thumbs Up

Edited by transporT3 - 07 Aug 11 at 18:53
HarryMann View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryMann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 11 at 15:41
Yes 2WD and Syncro diesel bars different... would expect £30 very cheap for a bellhousing these days.
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 11 at 23:02
Hi all,

This may seem like a dumb question (in which case, sorry!).

If I use a nice shiny inline fuel pump what do I do about the return pipe from the fuel injection?

Is there a point on the tank or can you just tee it in before the pump?

Where is the best place for the pump - in the engine bay?

Thanks for any help!

Steve.
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 11 at 23:08
Put the pump underneath the bus near the tank, in between the outer  cilll and the chassis rail.

Tank should have two exits, one is the drain (exit to the fuel pump), the other pipe into the outlet from the fuel regulator.
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 11 at 05:48
Here's a mounted pump.

The bracket is built from an exhaust mount with two pipe clamps.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 11 at 16:40
That's brilliant. Presumably you need to use high pressure hose and fixing from the pump to the inlet.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910