The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MkIII Golf 2 litre in T3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 19:12
i was going to say the same thing...
plate would be easy enough to make up
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
Jonox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 19:17
Yeah i think becuase i was laying in the rain trying to eye these up it made it worse lol, figured i need to make a bracket. 

Fresh head on today and i got quite a lot done, just waiting for shit plate to mate gearbox up then it can be put in. Wiring is all labeled up just needs cutting and soldering so im hoping next weekend it will be in and running. I made up an exhaust flange as well just need some mandrel bends to make a manifold of some type, ill post up some pics once its all done.

thanks for the help! 

Jon
Echo Beach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Echo Beach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 09:12
I'll join in this 'club' too then Wink

I have also amassed 99 % of the metal bits needed to hang a 2e in the back of my bus. It is at the moment a 1.9gw so i already have the injected tank and inline pump. This seems to be more than capable of suppling the required pressure. 
 My two 'areas of interest' are the exhaust and wiring. Like T3addict i have looked at the 1.8spi exhaust manifold which has a nice square 4 bolt flange and large bore pipe which I think is not too dissimilar to the 1y manifold i also have. The front pipe on this also includes a small bit of flex and the bore size looks to be very comparable to that of the jx front pipe. My thoughts are to splice the 2.
 On the wiring side, those who have fitted the 2e are you going with a modded 2e loom from the car the engine came from or where i am sort of heading which is running it on the stand alone Mk11 golf gti digifant ???????????

Enough rambling for now !!
Andy 
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 17:42
easier to go with the car's ecu and loom rather than trying to mod one of the earlier ones to suit! theres a lot of multiplugs wires to convert otherwise....
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Jonox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 19:47
Got engine in today all bolted up! was a faff to get the mounts to line up with the bars not as easy as i thought it would be!

Noticed when i was putting gearbox mount back on to the chassis that there is 4 extra captive nuts. So you could if you wanted bolt to gearbox more to the left hand side of the vehicle. Any ideas if it should be to the left or right ?

I solved the engine bar problem.

Thanks
Jon
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 17:47
Originally posted by Jonox Jonox wrote:

Noticed when i was putting gearbox mount back on to the chassis that there is 4 extra captive nuts. So you could if you wanted bolt to gearbox more to the left hand side of the vehicle. Any ideas if it should be to the left or right ?

Thanks
Jon

gearbox sits in middle set due to youre driveshafts buddy! extra captives are there for different box's and syncro's

Jonox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 20:11
made a start on wiring today, more complicated than i thought but i want to use the gti clocks!

Got the dash lights working, fuel pump primes but starter motor i got off ebay seems a dud Cry solenoid is pooped and it was too late to start messing so ill try get starter working this week and see how i get on. 

Oh i must give a big credit to my mate dave, he is some kind of wiring genius! 

Here is the mess,

Jon
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 01:07
have you sorted WBX main front/rear waterpipes and connecting them to doesel pipes by doing away with plastic tower?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Jonox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 22:35
i will have pics of the cooling setup next weekend when its finished, just waiting on some more parts. 

I have a question for the guru's, i have a diesel dipstick tube but it seems to thin and rattles around in the hole where the gti one went? for now i have done a measure and cut down the gti one but its only a temp job.

**edit** sorted it!**
Jon 

Edited by Jonox - 21 Mar 11 at 18:07
www.kombi-nation.co.uk
Garyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 19:32
I see that you have sorted the dipstick now. the way i did this was to drill the bottom section of the GTi tube out to 7mm(?) to give a tight fit for the JX tube. Then cut the car one off just above the flange and fit it to the block before fitting the JX tube inside it.

Done right, the dipstick should still be at the right level to read correctly.

Is that what you did?

Garyd
Jonox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 22:26
yes i did thanks! i forgot Elvis sent me your top class guide!

Jon 
www.kombi-nation.co.uk
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 14:21
Hi, im leroy.  Im new to the forum, and new to the scene (apart from having my Golf).

I currently have an 85 Carravelle Auto with a DG WBX which has been bodged in by the former owner. Ive decided im gonna go down the route of a mK3 2.0 GTi lump.

Ive read this topic and so far ive come up with the following.....

Things i need

Diesel Bell housing
Diesel Engine Bar
Deisel Input shaft

Mk3 Engine, Loom, ECU,
Mk2 fuel Pump
Mk2 Lift Pump

Can i still use the auto box or is this gonna be an issue? Do i need to move the battery into the bay?  I know im hijacking this thread but  im just a dumb ass and need some definate answers. some help with this would be great. Ive got a mate with some experience on these vans, He's recently help to fit a sccoby twin turbo lump into a t3. So should be good to go. Cheers
I taste Hurty!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 17:40
Originally posted by Gtavalanche Gtavalanche wrote:

Hi, im leroy.  Im new to the forum, and new to the scene (apart from having my Golf).

I currently have an 85 Carravelle Auto with a DG WBX which has been bodged in by the former owner. Ive decided im gonna go down the route of a mK3 2.0 GTi lump.

Ive read this topic and so far ive come up with the following.....

Things i need

Diesel Bell housing
Diesel Engine Bar
Deisel Input shaft

Mk3 Engine, Loom, ECU,
Mk2 fuel Pump
Mk2 Lift Pump

Can i still use the auto box or is this gonna be an issue? Do i need to move the battery into the bay?  I know im hijacking this thread but  im just a dumb ass and need some definate answers. some help with this would be great. Ive got a mate with some experience on these vans, He's recently help to fit a sccoby twin turbo lump into a t3. So should be good to go. Cheers

cant use the mk2 lift pump! use a facet / weber inline purolator. you dont need battery in bay but as the leads are all shorter it'll help with cranking over! if you want it auto make sure you have a good box first! should be right tho! my box had a mis match of box and converter so was quick as you like on level ground but died on hills! and no amount of power will make it better! as yours is already an auto you should know weather yours is a goodun! only thing i'm not sure on is the diesel belhousing/starter fitting the starter ring in the tourque converter? i made an adaptor for mine as i wanted the engine upright.  have fun tho!Smile

Edited by rowlesy - 06 Apr 11 at 17:43

Allanw View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
SYCOPHANTIC TRAINEE WELSHMAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 21:26
I don't think the bellhousing goes on the autobox - It only fits the manual box.
Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC, apprentice Viking...

Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 23:45
Really, Gutted so theres naff all i can do but change the box/linkage/ selector? gutted!!
I taste Hurty!
Allanw View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
SYCOPHANTIC TRAINEE WELSHMAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 23:59
You can use an adapter plate - really depends what trans you preferSmile.

Someone will sell an adapter plate to do it - maybe Kennedy if no UK sources. Otherwise a different engine may be easier??? A good engineer could make one anyway.
Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC, apprentice Viking...

Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 11 at 00:31
Ah I see, does anyone know where i can get one or anyone who could make one?
I taste Hurty!
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 11 at 08:31
rowlsey may have his diagrams still, but his install was in a DOKA and the engine sat upright..  may be start tho
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 11 at 18:37
get a brew on then have a read!

in principal you can set the ring at whatever angle you want to re-align the box to the new engine!  i have the adaptor for the tourque converter to fit any pre 95/96 inline four 1.6/1.8/1.9/2.0 you can buy off me if you want?

HarryMann View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryMann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 11 at 19:03
get a brew on then have a read!

in principal you can set the ring at whatever angle you want to re-align the box to the new engine!  i have the adaptor for the tourque converter to fit any pre 95/96 inline four 1.6/1.8/1.9/2.0 you can buy off me if you want?

Two brews later... Ermm
Any clue as to where (page no?) this adapter plate is actually mentioned... Ta!

Edited by HarryMann - 07 Apr 11 at 19:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>