The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&R coilovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaterxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 10 at 19:31
Cheers cjm,
I'm at sea at the moment, so I can't check mine.
I think that i will wait 3 weeks, check and order.  I'll probably go will go with the brick-yard link sent by babanabus. Expensive, but if the load rating and the t32 fitment are correct, then what the hell.
Can't get any replies from vanworx on their KW kit either,  they must not want to sell any just look at them on the shelf.
Oh it's a minefeild.  
215 bhp T5 Paddlewaggen
boaterxx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaterxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 10 at 17:53
Thanks bananabus.
A few e-mails back and forth to the link you sent and i'm confident that the right ones are on't  way.
should get her belly on the beck with those. 
215 bhp T5 Paddlewaggen
simmytt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simmytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 10 at 19:30
Originally posted by boaterxx boaterxx wrote:

Cheers cjm,
I'm at sea at the moment, so I can't check mine.
I think that i will wait 3 weeks, check and order.  I'll probably go will go with the brick-yard link sent by babanabus. Expensive, but if the load rating and the t32 fitment are correct, then what the hell.
Can't get any replies from vanworx on their KW kit either,  they must not want to sell any just look at them on the shelf.
Oh it's a minefeild.  
Just to put your mind at rest KW dont do the t32 fitment,shame really as i think KW are the better option,more adjustable,damp and rebound.
Only dead fish go with the flow
boaterxx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaterxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 10 at 19:39
yeah shame simytt, 
The KW variant 3 took my eye with all the fiddly bits on.  But maybe a blessing really cos my bike has F+R adjustment for everything, and i seem to spend more time adjusting rather than riding.  I just get it right for the normal blast then go somewhere different and have to fiddle with it again.
Cheers for your help mate.
215 bhp T5 Paddlewaggen
Ruds View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 12:49
Originally posted by simmytt simmytt wrote:

Just to put your mind at rest KW dont do the t32 fitment,shame really as i think KW are the better option,more adjustable,damp and rebound.

There go my hopes and dreams for my T32 LOL

Are there any other options for the T32?
2006 130 SWB Kombi van
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 08:16
Originally posted by cjm_2008 cjm_2008 wrote:

this is what my struts look like:

i'm guessing this is the 'strut clamp bracket!'?

I'm going so mental I'm quoting myself now  (LOL!).

I sent the above pic to H&R for confirmation of which kit I should actually be ordering.

response:

"
Dear Mr. Macdonald,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The shock mentioned on your picture has a cylindrical strut clamp so the correct
monotube coil over part number would be 29267-1.

Best regards
H&R Spezialfedern
Yvonne Menzebach"

...and as far as I'm aware, that's what I've got in the blue box that's been sat in my hallway for the last three sodding weeks!

looking at the base of the shock, I can't see how it would fit - there wouldn't be enough pf the shock base in the clamp.

so either H&R are wrong, kamann autosport sent me the wrong kit in the first place (I ordered
29267-1), or >blah blah< never actually f-cking bothered to take anything off and charged me £70 quid for doing f-ck all.

in fact, i'm still fuming at >INSERT COMPANY NAME HERE< (bridgend) as simply removing the wheel would have revealed the difference in fixings.

fucksakes.

Edited by cjm_2008 - 15 Jul 10 at 23:05
mistadave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 08:43
To be fair to T4rus it wasn't like you bought the parts from them so they were in no way responsible for getting it wrong, so why should they loose money on unused workshop time that had been booked when they could have been working on another van? They still have to pay their mechanics etc.

Not that i have ever used them before, but i just thought i would offer another side to the story, hope you get it sorted!

Dave
55 reg 174 LWB raven blue camper. Celtic remap, pipercross filter, MIJ de-cat and exhaust, Forge intercooler, Allard EGR powerpipe and oil catch tank
nox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 09:20
this thread is why i'm thinking 'feck it, get someone else to do it!'  

Nox
IT'S HERE!!!!
boaterxx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaterxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 11:28
Check out Bananasus's link,  Brickwerks supply both types of lower strut fitting. and there is a picture also.
Mines on order, fingers crossed. t32 is the upright bracket mount and t20 and t30 cylindrical mount.
Thanks again bananabus.

215 bhp T5 Paddlewaggen
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 18:17

Check out Bananasus's link,  Brickwerks supply both types of lower strut fitting. and there is a picture also.
Mines on order, fingers crossed. t32 is the upright bracket mount and t20 and t30 cylindrical mount.
Thanks again bananabus.

Confused

looking at the shock on the left, it would appear that it's a direct replacement for the 'clamp' type bracket evident in my pic? the bolt holes look suspiciously similar in distance apart... and although I haven't measured the diameter of the shocks I have, they look considerably thicker than the 'meat' of the vw shocks that are on there.

i'm going a bit dizzie rascal on this.

simmytt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simmytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 19:13
Originally posted by cjm_2008 cjm_2008 wrote:

Thanks again bananabus.

Confused

looking at the shock on the left, it would appear that it's a direct replacement for the 'clamp' type bracket evident in my pic? the bolt holes look suspiciously similar in distance apart... and although I haven't measured the diameter of the shocks I have, they look considerably thicker than the 'meat' of the vw shocks that are on there.

i'm going a bit dizzie rascal on this.

T32 Right hand shock,all others Left hand shock.If you need fitting on kw coilovers(they do not do kw for the t32)i think kw are the better coilover ,AMD in essex offer free fitting on all kw kits they are a very well known vw tuning company,they did mine,very helpful.
Only dead fish go with the flow
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 22:44
it's a never ending sodding nightmare.

2 weeks after paying the 15% restocking fee and 25 euro shipping, a parcel arrived for me yesterday! how exciting!

but the box felt a little too light.

JMS (the stocking agents) sent me a lowering kit for a mitsubishi galant. brilliant.
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 23:43

Wink
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

rob64981 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob64981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 10 at 00:23
I would ask for a full refund and go and get your parts from a proper shop.
I can recommend one if you don't already have one....

Rob

Who the hell am I?
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 10 at 07:35
Originally posted by BANANABUS BANANABUS wrote:

Wink

yes. I've now spent well over 1600 quid and I still don't have a set of shocks to speak of.

NIGHTMARE.
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 08:35
I emailed kamann autosport this morning to ask for a full refund (1,450.37 euros).

this has been a bit silly. I originally paid for the shocks on the 13th of april....!

I've also asked them to contact the stockists (JMS?) to arrange collection of the springs they sent. I'll give them a week; if nothing is forthcoming, they'll be going on ebay - some mitsubishi galant owner will be getting a bargain (!).
mistadave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 12:16
Did you pay by credit card? just contact them to get the refund if they don't respond. You are protected under the consumer credit act and also European consumer laws.
55 reg 174 LWB raven blue camper. Celtic remap, pipercross filter, MIJ de-cat and exhaust, Forge intercooler, Allard EGR powerpipe and oil catch tank
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 13:07
Originally posted by mistadave mistadave wrote:

Did you pay by credit card? just contact them to get the refund if they don't respond. You are protected under the consumer credit act and also European consumer laws.

no... paypal :(

they haven't responded yet. if I don't hear from them by COB today I'll give them a ring.
cjm_2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjm_2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 15:26
To: craig macdonald <xxxxx@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, 21 June, 2010 14:34:46
Subject: Re: Kamann-Autosport

Hi Craig,

we don`t cancel this order, or refund anything!

You ordered first time the worng shocks, this was not our fault.

Send me the pics we talked about and we arrange everything we talked about last week till yet we recived no Pics, no mail from you regarding this.

Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: craig macdonald <xxxxx@yahoo.com>
> An: Gerhard Kamann <xxx@gmx.de>
> Betreff: Re: Kamann-Autosport

> Hi christian,
>
> this has dragged on for quite some time now (more than 8 weeks). I'd like
> to cancel the order and get a refund on the amount I originally paid for
> the shocks (1,450.37)?
>
> can you also contact JMS and ask them to arrange collection of the springs
> they have sent by mistake?
>
> thanks
>
> craig macdonald
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: craig macdonald <xxxxx@yahoo.com>
> To: Gerhard Kamann <xxxx@gmx.de>
> Sent: Fri, 18 June, 2010 13:48:53
> Subject: Re: Kamann-Autosport
>
>
> Hi christian.
>
> as confirmed on the phone last night, JMS have sent the wrong kit -
> apparently they're springs for a mitsubishi charisma (!!!!)
>
> http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/5564/mitsubishi/h_r-lowering-springs/29763-1.html
>
> pics attached.
>
> if you could contact them to arrange collection of the springs and
> delivery of the shock kit, that would be great.

Edited by cjm_2008 - 21 Jun 10 at 15:50
mistadave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 10 at 15:32
Ahh bugger, important lesson for the future - always open a paypal dispute before 45 days has passed, regardless of whether the company has told you everything is ok or not, just to make sure you are protected.

The big irony with paypal is that while they say it offers more protection, but in reality you get far more protection from using a credit card.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>