Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parrot MKI9200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parrot MKI9200
    Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 22:09
As the title says.

In recent posts a few guys have mentioned these. 

Are they any good ?

Any good / bad places to have the screen and controller placed. 

Only had the van 4 days and already looking to spend money on it.

Kev.
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 22:34
I've got a CK-3200 and it works well enough. Most people on the other end can tell I'm on a handsfree though, so I may need to move the mike to somewhere other than the A pillar trim. I stuck the screen to the four switch blanks on the dash which means it's within finger reach when my hand is on the gearstick.

I guess that's where I'd put the control pad for your one and mount the screen in the tray above the radio.

The truth is I hardly use mine at all now, what with people saying they can't here me very well. I end up just doing it the good old fasioned way and hold the phone up to my ear.

Also, due to the prolonged winter we have suffered, I found that sliding my phone inside my hat made the cheapest hands free kit out.Thumbs Up. Tinted windows are another cure.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 22:49
I have one and I love it

I`ve had a few Parrots and they`re all good. The MKI is the latest offering which is better geared up for playing music via various methods.

It has:
  • A double microphone (older versions were only a single)
  • Wireless controller which can be placed wherever best suits
  • SD card slot for playing music direct from card
  • Music streaming via bluetooth
  • A cable with 3 different types of connector (USB for playing music direct from stick, Ipod/Iphone connector and 3.5mm jack) which can be wired to the glove box
  • Ability to load personalised wallpapers

The handfree function is excellent. I mostly stream music from my Iphone as its handy, the sound is good but control is limited when using bluetooth, when hard wired it works perfectly though and charges too. They`re easy enough to fit (plug and play) with only a bit of fiddling to get the wires in

A couple of pictures of my install:   

HTH
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 23:02
Cheers guys, 

Do you use the voice recognition/ scroll thro  or pick the phone up?

On the Parrot website they have the controller on the steering wheel which I thought looked a bit crap. 

Kev.

180PS DSG Sold

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 23:09
Originally posted by Kev The Gas Kev The Gas wrote:

Cheers guys, 

Do you use the voice recognition/ scroll thro  or pick the phone up?

On the Parrot website they have the controller on the steering wheel which I thought looked a bit crap. 

Kev.

I do both but mostly scroll through as the controller is within easy reach of my right hand and it would really pain me to get 3 points + £60 fine from plod for handling the phone after going to the trouble and expense of getting a kit

I tried the controller on the steering wheel (they include a fitting to do this) and I hated it, it was always getting in the way when I turned the wheel and was hard to use when as well as it was constantly moving

jan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 23:14
Ive had one about 5 month now, and on the whole i love it but it does keep crashing up to 4/5 times a day, i did the soft were up grade when it was new but still does it.
But im in the van all day and realy enjoy the iplayer and the internet radio/ TV played though the speakers.
2008 T5 2.5 130 lwb Taxi
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 23:20
Is it the screen that freezes/crashes or the remote?

Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 10 at 23:58
Just spent 20 mins reading all the reviews on the Halfords website, 

all seems good, few niggles from a few.

Probably book them to install £199, possibly need an extra lead. 

I could fit myself, but feel safer as its a new van for them to fit, also I can go back and moan if it doesent work.

Kev.

Edited by Kev The Gas - 06 Apr 10 at 23:59

180PS DSG Sold

The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 10 at 04:15
I wouldn't let anyone from Halfrauds doing anything to my motor. All you do is plug it inbetween the iso connections of your stereo.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 10 at 09:30
do not let halfords touch anything!!!!!!!!!!!! that's about the worst place to go to! 
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 10 at 17:03
£ 199 fully fitted Angry

Phoned halfords today, as the new T5 has a canbus system it requires a switched live from else where and a special Vw kit> 

Price about £275-£320.

Phoned my usual independant and they want £299 without mentioning special adaptors.

Appears to be quite an expensive small mod. 

I only paid £700 for my last Kenwood double din unit fitted  had everything, sat nav, dvd , bluetooth, Ipod  ect. 

I opted for the factory sat nav unit as it was only £300 and thought if blended better into the dash. 

I think Im feeling a bit of buyers remorse now.

Kev.

180PS DSG Sold

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 10 at 18:13
Originally posted by Kev The Gas Kev The Gas wrote:

£ 199 fully fitted Angry

Phoned halfords today, as the new T5 has a canbus system it requires a switched live from else where and a special Vw kit> 

Price about £275-£320.

Phoned my usual independant and they want £299 without mentioning special adaptors.

Appears to be quite an expensive small mod. 

I only paid £700 for my last Kenwood double din unit fitted  had everything, sat nav, dvd , bluetooth, Ipod  ect. 

I opted for the factory sat nav unit as it was only £300 and thought if blended better into the dash. 

I think Im feeling a bit of buyers remorse now.

Kev.

I fitted one recently to a friends new Peugeot with CAN BUS and so picked up a switched live elsewhere (glove box light on this occasion, 12v cigarette lighter socket is another possibility)

Simple enough, and worked perfectly but I discovered after I had finished that there WAS a switched live already present at the radio connectors (I had been informed by several reliable sources that there wasnt)

These kits can be had for around £150 and they are simple to fit, the only compliction being the CAN BUS wiring possibly meaning having to find a seperate switched live but I would check first (I wish I had)

blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 10 at 19:06
all the extras you need are
- vw quadlock sot lead - £10
u have to run a wire to the fusebox for ignition

there is so much panic over can bus, its not a problem, the two can bus wires just continue thru the sot lead to the stereo uninterupted.

'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
peter k View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 10 at 21:48

I paid £151.00 for my parrot mki9200 the lead cost me £15 and fitting took only 20 mins, i took the ignition live from the ligjt switch and had to swap the red and orange wire's around on the new lead. then i fitted the screen just above my left nee so it can not be seen from out of the van.

It works perfect every time i love it but it's making me buy a i phone. o and i did not have to drill the van to take cables to the screen it just goes beetween the steering wheel
Good luck
jan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 10 at 19:02
So in the end ive pull it out and Halford gave me the cash back, shame realy as i did like it just kept
crashing...

Just fitted a Pioner 3200bt head unit, hands free, DVD, Iphone ect' so lets see how it goes :-]
2008 T5 2.5 130 lwb Taxi
 Post Reply Post Reply