The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disklok

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5.2TDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disklok
    Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 11:05
I make my T5 steering wheel just under 39cms.
Anyone got else got a Disklok & does the small fit ok?

SMALL (35 - 39 cms)      £59.99      
MEDIUM (39 - 41.5 cms)     £92.99

Not that dumb a question hopefully Tongue
Ta

TheFerret View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFerret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 13:02
Im pretty sure I have the small one at home from another motor, so will try on the van tonight for you and post later!

Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 13:17
Those big metal discs look too cumbersome to me, storage would be a real pain.  Have you thought about a Clutch Claw instead?  Good if not better security than the big wheel lock, fits to pedals, small enough to store under driver seat when not in use.  Similar price as I recall.  Google it. 
ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
5.2TDi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5.2TDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 14:00
thankyou both
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 15:34
small fits the T5  Clap
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

TheFerret View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFerret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 10:07
Sorry for the late reply!
Yes, the small appears to fit fine;

Cheers
Alex
5.2TDi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5.2TDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 10:26
Thanks all again, disklok looks tidy & in yer face when fitted, but as pointed out potentially cumbersome to store. Clutch claw looks a good alternative, not as prominent but "New flashing LED and window stickers to warn off thieves" could work. Hmmmm decision time....

TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 10:34
Another vote for the Clutch Claw. I'm still pleased with mine (had it for three years).
5.2TDi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5.2TDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 10:42
Looking at pictures on both websites, the clutch claw (once adjustment is set) looks more cumbersome to store in cab than the disklok would. Does it really fit underseat as mention previously? 40 quid more too....
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 11:45
Yes, mate, it fits easily under my driver's seat with a little bit of jiggling.  I'd go out and take a photo for you but we have blizzards and two foot snowdrifts everywhere this morning - we're snowed in, can't even get the 4x4 up the track!
ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
5.2TDi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5.2TDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 12:04
Originally posted by Ex-car bloke Ex-car bloke wrote:

I'd go out and take a photo for you but we have blizzards and two foot snowdrifts everywhere this morning - we're snowed in

Cheer for offer ex car bloke, but I'll take your word for it. Couldn't quite get my leisure battery under the drivers seat so gotta use that space productively somehow - clutch claw it is!
TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 16:04
I just leave mine lying in the passenger footwell when not in use. I suppose I should stow it more securely.
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 18:28
At the risk of asking a really dumb question, but if a thief was smart enough to bypass the manufacturers immobiliser (The chip in the key) then wouldn't he would be smart enough to remove either of these security items pretty quickly... and if he pinched your keys, then wouldn't the security key be on the same keyring?...
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 19:33
Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

At the risk of asking a really dumb question, but if a thief was smart enough to bypass the manufacturers immobiliser (The chip in the key) then wouldn't he would be smart enough to remove either of these security items pretty quickly

One would rely on electrickery, or getting hold of your van key, the other would rely on having poweful cutting equipment and operating it in the driver's footwell.

Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

and if he pinched your keys, then wouldn't the security key be on the same keyring?...

If you have them on the same keyring, then (obviously) yes. So keep the clutch claw lock with your house keys, not your van keys. That's part of the advantage to me. It's belt and braces protection against having the van keys nicked.

The main benefit to me though is that these devices send a message - "this one's going to be a bit of a pain in the arse to nick. Move on to the next one"
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 19:42
I'm with The Transporter here. Why waste yer money on something which, as far as I can see has no benefit. If they are going to steal it, they'll do it with or without this crap bolted all over it. Also, if yours is the only one in the street with a visible deterrant it might suggests to these cunts that there is actually something worth stealing from your van, therfore increasing the likelyhood of it getting broken into. If you don't park it on the street, why bother with these things at all. They might have had some purpose 20 years ago, but not now, not on something as new as a T5. Even these cunts know it's useless without the keys nowadays.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
 Post Reply Post Reply