Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The high top thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 10 at 21:52
nice!!

great things to camp in glen

how are you finding roundabouts?Wink

when we picked ours up from eastfalia the first roundabout we got to i couldnt see a bloody thing!!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

vag_glen View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vag_glen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 10 at 22:22

Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

nice!!

great things to camp in glen

how are you finding roundabouts?Wink

when we picked ours up from eastfalia the first roundabout we got to i couldnt see a bloody thing!!!

After driving left hookers for 5 years I've kind of taught myself to pull up at roundabouts so i can still see, failing that I stand up on the brake pedal and look out the kitchen windowBig smile

I thought I'd miss my old Reimo so much, But the whole family's loving the Cheetah to bits, Only had one night away as been away on holiday, Was so nice to just pull up, Handbrake on and open a beer,No more spending an hour putting awning up and setting everything out Clap
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 10 at 20:10
this is ours 3 months ago, will post a finished pic or two soon.
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG
Squarepants2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 18:13

T3 Watch this space...
Iceworx View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 10 at 14:22

Edited by Iceworx - 15 Nov 10 at 14:23
T5 130 LWB 2.5 TDi - Becoming a camper
T5 Camper Build Blog
Sensible_Steve View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
tiring of it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sensible_Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 16:44
Okay,

here is my van. 

Simple, essentially straight and not too much rust.  But suffering with the usual problems of an early water boxer - i.e. suspect petrol tank and rust steel radiator pipes. Doh! Interior ripped out and a definate candidate for a roller paint job.  A vehicle I can put my mark on.  If the wife lets me.

Cheers
If you can keep your head when everyone is losing theirs...Then you have seriously misjudged the situation
beeswax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Hullard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeswax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 16:57
Smart lookin' van Steve.

Look forward to see how it evolves :thumbsup:
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 10 at 14:45

look like i'm in the boat top club for the day! LOL

Edited by shapey - 01 Dec 10 at 14:45
ducce999s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducce999s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 23:53
My 1987 ex. military commandovagon
SYNCRO p.t just rear locker, front locker will bw mounted under this winter.
2,1l 72.000km

Have put in an Westfalia camping equipment, electrical mirror and windows.
Tires AT 235x75x15
Have rised the car about 2,5cm
Spyke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 11 at 22:17

Some nice looking vans  here's my one which used to be owned by Andy7 on here with a replacement engine fitted by simon and gang, still going strong but needs the valve stems doing sooner than later.

Electric Picnic
Cahirdaniel - Kerry rep Ireland

not the best pics so I'll have to get the van spruced up in the spring for a proper photoshoot Smile
dandaz View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dandaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 11 at 18:10
My hightop..

comes with a shower , but I hav`nt "had a go" yet...LOL

It`s my third T3 and probably my favourite ,just going through the tedius process of registering in France..
das brick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote das brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 11 at 16:02
As this is my first post i would like to say a" big Hello to every one",  have been lurking for a while  just not got round to posting. I have been into rebuilding and messing with bugs ,type3's , campers and porsches for approx 20years but this is my first venture into watercooled so here goes.

I have owned  this rather ugly high top camper conversion for about 8 months but have not had time to start work on it due to house move and renovation and the birth of our baby boy 6 months agoSmile.
The bus had been sat for some years so the plan is to replace the rear arch panels and both cills, chassis wise it seems solid,rip out and rebuild interior, check engine over, replace brakes and suspension, mild lowering and a set of rims oh and repaint, not much then!

i am currently starting on the cooling system to see whether or not i need to replace head gaskets.  I managed to get the engine going after replacing fuel lines and wiring the new starter motor up that came with the van  it started first time and sounded nice and quiet, However after running for a while  it decided to start bubbling in the header tank and then spew its contents of the cooling system all over the road and the interior.

kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 11 at 20:30
good project you have there chap..now get in the brickies arms and get me a bloody cider...lol  enjoy
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 11 at 08:59
That's a factory hi-top you've got there dude.
T3 Watch this space...
das brick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote das brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 11 at 12:09
Originally posted by Squarepants2 Squarepants2 wrote:

I thought it was just a generic plastic roof top, i thought factory high tops had the extended height side door aswell,
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 11 at 21:45
Originally posted by das brick das brick wrote:

Originally posted by Squarepants2 Squarepants2 wrote:

I thought it was just a generic plastic roof top, i thought factory high tops had the extended height side door aswell,

Not on a T3 AFAIK.
T3 Watch this space...
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 11 at 21:58
mikes right its the factory "bread van" roof
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

dsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 11 at 22:23
My old Hi Tops

pmoc_2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmoc_2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 11 at 19:27
My newly purchased van and first ever project looking forward to doing it up and using it with wife and kids. Does anyone know anything about the Luna conversions - Google is not helping me.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squarepants2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 11 at 23:33
Originally posted by pmoc_2001 pmoc_2001 wrote:

My newly purchased van and first ever project looking forward to doing it up and using it with wife and kids. Does anyone know anything about the Luna conversions - Google is not helping me.

Nice. And welcome to the brick-yard. I like the colour , but I have to admit that your "Luna" conversion is a new one to me. Must be very rare...which country was it first registered in?
T3 Watch this space...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>