Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The high top thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Moaner Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 11 at 22:38
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150178377746076.305460.554326075&l=47769d1068lies

charlies new high top

Edited by clive883 - 11 May 11 at 22:39
scottbot53 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottbot53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 22:05
hope the photo works
Amos Quito View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 11:58
Here's us

Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
My Link
Drytooler View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drytooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 11 at 10:59

My t3 Syncro 

Last winter the AAZ 1.9td still runnig on 15" tyres.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottbot53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 11 at 23:25
I am bit of a girl's blouse,that looks way too cold for me,makes me cold just looking at it
hightopdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hightopdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 13:05
<br><br>
Complete camping interior fitted into my newly mecahnically overhauled bus.
<br><br>
<br><br>
Seat box cushion - resting on top of 2 burner cooker unit and storgae unit that is removable so whole unit can be put outside - seat cover then sits on top of box unit so table and seating arrangement preserved.
<br><br>
<br><br>
]3/4 rock n roll bed, with storage underneath it - also view of cpboeards and wardrobe  
<br><br>

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottbot53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 22:32
very nice looking bus
Mad AL View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 11:18
Ahhh, an angled hitop perhaps?? Come and have a go Henry, if you think yer hard enuff!

Mad AL View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 11:23
Christ what a pallava getting pics onto this site!!! Rather do four hours in the ring with our HENRY THERGOAT !!! or maybe not!!!
Mad AL View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 11:27
ducce999s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducce999s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 20:56
Originally posted by Mad AL Mad AL wrote:

Just love that bending tool LOL
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 15:37

The Dreamcatcher started life as a 1991 LT 31 Devon mini-bus.

She was in a bad way when I got her in 2003 as she had been abandoned by her then owner and the local kids had smashed most of what could be smashed along with ripping the dash and wiring out. I was lucky to find a scrap LT in a farmer’s yard being used as a shed, which provided me with enough parts to get the bus running and watertight. I then set about converting her to a camper.

The first task was to remove all the seats and lining, I then blanked the rear side windows by welding in new steel and cut out the roof to provide two roof-lights.

The next task was to insulate with 50mm Cellotex insulation and line out in ply.

I removed the original floor covering which was rotting under foot and after replacing the timber, laid a laminate floor. The wife wanted a fixed bed, so this was the thing that determined the layout. The bed was built with a roll out storage draw under together with a 55ltr water tank and a gas locker which is accessed through the side of the van, the remainder of the space under, is accessed through the rear doors and used for stowage.

I built the remainder of the cupboards and installed a cassette wc in its own enclosure and fitted a sink, three way fridge, gas hob, grill and microwave oven with roll out storage drawer under. Above the sink and hob is a shelf fitted with a polished brass gallery rail and 12V 10W down lighters under. The walls and door cards are carpet covered and the windows tinted and fitted with bespoke timber surrounds with integral electric blackout blinds. The roof is fitted with a 15 in TFT monitor which is fed by a dvd, sat receiver, with sound provided by a six speaker surround sound system with active sub. I threw out the front double passenger seat, fitted a seat box from the donor van and a T3 swivel base to mount the new seat complete with arm rests on. The driver seat was more of a problem. I fitted power steering and machined a Mark 1 GTI steering wheel to fit, this gave me enough room to turn the seat through 180 deg. now I had the problem of lifting the seat to clear the engine cover I made a top and bottom plate to mount a pedestal support, this is telescopic and can be locked both side to side and up and down (originally made for the seat support in a ski boat). I fitted a large spring in the pedestal that lifts the seat when unlocked and compresses under my weight to put the seat back in the driving position so hey presto two captains seats. I carpet covered the engine cover and fitted an additional hatch to give access to the water top up point; also covered the battery box and air filter covers to match. The dash is fitted with oil temp and pressure gauges and amp meter from an Audi  and a speedo head and matching rev counter which I made up from the workings of an after market unit fitted in the clock case of the van with a new printed face to match the speedo. I also converted the driver and passenger window to be electric opening.

Extensive work was required externally in cutting out rust and welding in new metal and knocking out and filling dents.

I wanted to get this big box on wheels to look a bit streamlined if that was possible, so got a T3 body kit (front and rear) and set about altering them to fit, cut them in half, added in an extra 12 inches or so to bring them out to the right width and set about re- modelling them to match up with the wheel arch, what a nightmare, but was pleased with the end result. Once fitted, she had one coat of acrylic primer, four coats of high build primer and a top coat of two pack. I kept the steel wheels for safety and got a set of S/S wire wheel covers from USA (Buick ) but had to modify the fixings. The side bars I made, they mount in the jacking points with a spring clip for easy removal, (if you know how) but are positioned to keep the body line. The spare wheel carrier I fabricated, details are on the LT section. I have also converted her to run on LPG replacing the original fuel tank with a 104 litre gas tank and a smaller auxiliary petrol tank. 

I am currently working on building swing out tables.

Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
AsteL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsteL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 11 at 18:10
Hello!
I`m Mike from Moscow, Russia, and its my VW T3 Dehler Profi 1986 with 2.1 engine and 112 HP, and now I thoroughly restore it! Smile
This is it before restoration...

Now it is like this...

I will posted more photo, if you are interested... Wink

Edited by AsteL - 03 Nov 11 at 18:13
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottbot53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 11 at 20:04
yes,more photo's please
AsteL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsteL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 11 at 16:46
Maybe it will be better to create a new topic specially for my bus? I`m sorry, how to replace my messages from that topic to separate? Embarrassed
dsa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 11 at 21:52

Edited by dsa - 11 Nov 11 at 21:53
Gordon
1988 T3 1.6 td Westfalia Joker pop top
Jedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 11 at 04:10
Great looking high tops folks. Join us over here for some great pics and stuff too!

**link deleted**

Edited by jason k - 12 Nov 11 at 19:00
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 11 at 18:59
stop touting chap.

link deleted,
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

NZAndy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 11 at 09:42
Originally posted by cruz cruz wrote:

No flowers on the roof now

Hey, nice van! Was it difficult and expensive to change the lights from round to square?
What lights and grill did you use and where from?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 11 at 11:16
Originally posted by NZAndy NZAndy wrote:

Was it difficult and expensive to change the lights from round to square?

Difficult no...expensive yes as RHD headlights command a high price.

Originally posted by NZAndy NZAndy wrote:

What lights and grill did you use and where from?

They're standard fitment on later T3's.

Edited by Steve B - 15 Nov 11 at 11:17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>