The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REMAPPING?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slumpy Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 11 at 20:26
Originally posted by gregozedobe gregozedobe wrote:

The really smart remappers might be able to figure out which exact piece/s of information the VW software looks at and leaves that unchanged.

Not yet all tuners are still looking for a way to do edc17 tricore via obd to by pass anti tuning software. It could take some time to work out how VAG do the coding. The old way was a flash counter but it was easy to reset to the last number. 
John Slumbers
www.kudosremapping.com
07825 837713
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 00:38
Maybe bribe one of the VW programmers to reveal the secrets ?  Just don't get caught ;)
Slumpy Monster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slumpy Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 11 at 09:52
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Originally posted by gregozedobe gregozedobe wrote:

Maybe bribe one of the VW programmers to reveal the secrets ?  Just don't get caught ;)

That's pretty much how the industry works lol!LOL
John Slumbers
www.kudosremapping.com
07825 837713
gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 12 at 23:16
How fast do you want to go in a van LOL
I have been thinking about getting my van done for years 
but bought a really fast car instead 
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 12 at 23:22
Originally posted by gason gason wrote:

How fast do you want to go in a van LOL
I have been thinking about getting my van done for years 
but bought a really fast car instead 

Which is.......?

A fast bike is usually a good bet for a petrolhead.......Tongue

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 12 at 23:31
 jag xkrLOL I did like the old katana for speed though
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 12 at 23:54
Originally posted by gason gason wrote:

jag xkrLOL I did like the old katana for speed though

Not badBig smile
Ratter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 12 at 11:07
Hmmm, I've been watching this thread quite closely and just spoke to a chap at TDI Tuning (tuning boxes).

He's stated that VW have brought out a new software version to specifically stop remapping. This affects (apparently) all new 2012 models, 2011 models are unaffected.

So much so that if you wanted a tuning box for a 2012 model they have had to bring out a far more advanced product. Sounds like sales speak to me.

Any of the remap companies aware of this?
T5.1 Silver Sportline Kombi TDI Tuning box claiming 220 bhp.
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 12 at 11:29
This is probably right enough. Just like the EDC16 ECU's were supposed to be uncrackable when they came out. Give any decent tuner a fortnight and they'll be in.

Patience son, patience..............

Edited by The Loon - 13 Apr 12 at 11:46
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 12 at 11:37
Originally posted by The Loon The Loon wrote:

This is probably right enough. Just like the EDC16 ECU were supposed to be uncrackable when they came out. Give any decent tuner fortnight and they'll be in.

Patience son, patience..............

I read an article about some computer whizz deciding to hack the supposedly unhackable PS3 - 5 hours later it was done......Confused

PendlePerformance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PendlePerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 12 at 22:16
Originally posted by Ratter Ratter wrote:

Hmmm, I've been watching this thread quite closely and just spoke to a chap at TDI Tuning (tuning boxes).

He's stated that VW have brought out a new software version to specifically stop remapping. This affects (apparently) all new 2012 models, 2011 models are unaffected.

So much so that if you wanted a tuning box for a 2012 model they have had to bring out a far more advanced product. Sounds like sales speak to me.

Any of the remap companies aware of this?

This is sales talk from the chap who wants to sell the plug in tuning boxes.

We can tune all tunable 2012 model engine control units no matter if they have also been software updated.

The VW T5.1 2.0CR engine uses the Bosch EDC17CP20 engine control unit which we have been tuning now for a good couple of years.

A correctly tuned / remapped vehicles is 100times better than any tuning box.

But I have to say a tuning box in as good as many cowboy tuners out there.

Do research on forums to choose who to use to work on your pride and joy.

Regards
Martin
PendlePerformance
Maha LPS3000 Rolling Road Custom Tuning
Animated Banner Removed by Admin. Please read the forum rules
WebNosis75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebNosis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 12 at 09:15
Might be a stupid question, but is it possible to get my T26 85bhp remapped to 104bhp?  It's the same engine and running gear as far as I'm aware, so it really shouldn't make any difference.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 12 at 09:32
Originally posted by WebNosis75 WebNosis75 wrote:

Might be a stupid question, but is it possible to get my T26 85bhp remapped to 104bhp?  It's the same engine and running gear as far as I'm aware, so it really shouldn't make any difference.

From the PendlePerformance website.
T5 1.9TDi 85bhp.
"This 1.9TDI engine is a software downtuned version of the 1.9TDI 102bhp engine."
http://www.pendleperformance.com/products.php
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slumpy Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 12 at 10:43
Originally posted by WebNosis75 WebNosis75 wrote:

Pendles right it's all the same equipment. You can tune your 85 safely past 104bhp but really what your after is more useable torque. This will improve your drive and pulling power. Also driven well you should get a few more mpg.
John Slumbers
www.kudosremapping.com
07825 837713
oldun View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 12 at 00:54
My only worry is that of reliability and engine life.

There are hundreds of "companies" out there offering to remap your engine.

Due to the large number of both good and bad remappers it is impossible to find any real information as to any detrimental effect on the engine. All engines must have limits as to how much power they can reliably delivery.

Has anyone any HARD information on this matter - I'm not interested in what "someones's girlfriend told her boy friend who then told is best mate that....." Nor am I interested in what some dodgy untrained and inexperienced back room remapper has told you. I am also a little wary of what reputable remappers tell us as I am sure that we all would only pass on the good parts of the story.

I would like some real information collected by a reliable and independent sources. - any info oput there?

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 12 at 10:07
Originally posted by oldun oldun wrote:

Due to the large number of both good and bad remappers it is impossible to find any real information as to any detrimental effect on the engine. All engines must have limits as to how much power they can reliably delivery.

Has anyone any HARD information on this matter - I'm not interested in what "someones's girlfriend told her boy friend who then told is best mate that....." Nor am I interested in what some dodgy untrained and inexperienced back room remapper has told you. I am also a little wary of what reputable remappers tell us as I am sure that we all would only pass on the good parts of the story.

I would like some real information collected by a reliable and independent sources. - any info oput there?

I speak as someone who has had a remap. 

I had my 174 remapped in July 2009 (only got it in May), it was initially done for two reasons - better fuel economy and as standard I found the 174 had an annoying "lag" which was very noticeable when pulling away from road ends, the van seemed to have a flat spot just at the rev range you would naturally want to be at and this resulted in an initial lunge forward followed by a near stall situation if you didnt catch it/apply more revs - certainly not ideal and far from safe

The remap completely transformed this and it now pulls strongly and smoothly from low to high - much better

On the economy front it has definitely help MPG - I would say at least 5 MPG better as an average and up to 10 MPG on longer trips - just dont think that you can drive like Ayrton Senna and still see improvements - you won't - it needs to be driven correctly

The remap obviously increased power too and it has made the van even better to drive - overtaking ability was good before but now it is great

All this and not one failure that I would even consider was related to the remap

My conclusion - worth it

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slumpy Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 12 at 13:51
Originally posted by oldun oldun wrote:

You have a very good point. The problem with the tuning industry regarding remapping it's never really grown up. There should be a governing body which regulates the industry independently. It has been tried before but it didn't happen. So it is difficult to find quality information. All you can go on really is customers who have had there van's tuned and speak to them directly. Get some dyno figures and logging data and look into the information that is present. I totally understand your frustration. When we were looking for new equipment and software we got told all sorts of things from all sorts of people and most of what we were told was unfounded and incorrect. It is a mine field.
John Slumbers
www.kudosremapping.com
07825 837713
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 12 at 20:33
for re mapping take a search of old threads , its been done to death then over again . I was the worlds greatest sceptic but here iam 3 years on with my 130 remapped to 200 and getting more mpg and no problems related to the remap .
speak to celtic like i did and they will put your mind at rest . and remember have some sypathy when you ask 200 plus hp to pull a fully loaded van , as you should if you asked your GTI to tow a large trailer .
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slumpy Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 12 at 18:52
Your welcome to come to us also. We remapped Brickwerks van and Simon will give you the low down on our remaps. You can also try before you buy if you wish.
John Slumbers
www.kudosremapping.com
07825 837713
gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 13 at 14:51
might treat myself later in the summer , what price does it cost 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>