The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyre Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 10 at 14:38
slobbo,

...have decoded to go with the same tire, Dynapro ATM rf10 in 225/75/16.

Over here they offer the LT version they list as "10-ply", but I think there's a lighter version as well. Which do you have? 

slobbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 10 at 08:26
Mine are  HANKOOK RF10 DYNAPRO ATM HANKOOK RF 10 - 225/75R16 106T TL 
Cheers

Rob.
green manalishi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green manalishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 10 at 20:40
I am a fan of the dynapro

1991 2.1 DJ 16" Factory Hightop camper
syncroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 10 at 15:55
 Anybody considering the effects of added unsprung weight with heavier tyres?
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 10:26
Unsprung weight? Doubt it. I'm amazed that some people still think you can have tyres that will work well on tarmac, in mud, on snow, be quiet, grippy, long lasting, make the van handle well and "look good" what ever that means.
If you want to go mud plugging, get the tyres to do the job and run another set of rims. If you want to pose in country parks, buy what you think looks cool and don't complain when they don't work in the clag.

Edited by silverbullet - 19 Jul 10 at 10:27
Have I missed anything?
syncroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 16:17

Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

Unsprung weight? Doubt it. I'm amazed that some people still think you can have tyres that will work well on tarmac, in mud, on snow, be quiet, grippy, long lasting, make the van handle well and "look good" what ever that means.
If you want to go mud plugging, get the tyres to do the job and run another set of rims. If you want to pose in country parks, buy what you think looks cool and don't complain when they don't work in the clag.

Itchy trigger?

Edited by syncroid - 19 Jul 10 at 17:32
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green manalishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 20:26
My tyres are standard size, being a syncro 16", and VW considered the unsprung weight and created the Boge N shock, which mine had a new set of 10 months ago.

This is one of the many advantages of staying with stock in my opinion. Why have a larger tyre?

Changing anything creates a ripple effect.

syncroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 21:50
Originally posted by green manalishi green manalishi wrote:

My tyres are standard size, being a syncro 16", and VW considered the unsprung weight and created the Boge N shock, which mine had a new set of 10 months ago.

This is one of the many advantages of staying with stock in my opinion. Why have a larger tyre?

Changing anything creates a ripple effect.

...have a stock 16" caravelle over here with the stock 195R16 tyres (Uniroyal) and "N" shocks. Over here in the States I don't find a Dynapro ATM anywehre close to that size. What size are yours?
slobbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 21:55
225/75R16
Cheers

Rob.
syncroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 10 at 23:37
Was asking manalishi.  

From the photo looks like 205 80 R16 104T. You're right that's a stock 16er size. Unfortunately not available here.

Edited by syncroid - 20 Jul 10 at 14:34
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green manalishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 10 at 14:36
The 225 would look better, but not on my rims.

Mine are 205/80/16's, they seem to be just fine.

She came from the Finnish Army with Hakkepelitas. They were a great tyre, but not available here, but OK in the States I believe.

Edited by green manalishi - 20 Jul 10 at 14:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12