The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

swear filter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swear filter
    Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 22:40
whats the history with this t3 / t2 5  thing. i dont get it.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 22:44
right, Vans we like and drive and that are called T3's, end of, its what VW call them, its what every other country calls them (apart from states, they call them Vanagons, but they're weird).

Split - T1
Bay - T2
Wedge - T3
errr - T4
and... - T5 for latest ones.

Simple.

T 2 5 is something made up by the Brits for some reason.  The VIN of Vans does start with T2 5 but that means bog all cos pickups start T24

call them T3's.  Cos its right.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 22:50
Its only really the {ignorant} English who call then "Type25s"

Its a term invented by people who dont understand VWs type numbering system

A T3 is a third generation transporter. there is no T25.

T1 Split.
T2 Bay
T3 Wedge
T4 T4
T5 T5

People confuse "T" with "Type" the "T"
As in a "Type25(1,2,3,4,5,6)" is indeed a full bodied T3, however pickup models are Type24s. So by incorrectly referring to them as "Type25s" youre excluding pickup models.

T3 is what theyre called here, the swear filter thing came about as a bit of an "in joke" I guess, but its stuck and I dont think it'll be changing any time soon

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 22:55
Lets not get started on people who think T3s are Type3s and refer to them as such... or vice versa.

Type1 - Beetle/Ghia
Type2 - Transporter. Any Transporte T1,T2,T3, and I guess T4 and T5? are all Type2s.
Type3 - Fast/Square/Notch Back. Also Ghia
Type4 - weird ugly but cool things.

After that I dunno (but I know a man who will!) except a Scirocco is a Type53.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 23:19
ok got it Ermm   i think.

so t2 5 is bolloks made up due to the fact that the van vins start 2 5 and not the official term.

called all of my vans a lot worse over the years so i doubt it they mind any more.
Mzwo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mzwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 23:49
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

... its what VW call them ...

[anorak]

actually - VW didn't. Not till the T5 came along, which is the first VW van to be officially called T somenumber. T1 through 4 were awarded retrospectively.

[/anorak]

Dimwits keep calling T3s T2s over here as well (coz they're Type 2s) which is bollocks. Official proof: http://www.t3-infos.de/images/T3-Beweis.gif

Matt
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 12:52
Originally posted by Mzwo Mzwo wrote:

actually - VW didn't. Not till the T5 came along, which is the first VW van to be officially called T somenumber. T1 through 4 were awarded retrospectively.

Dimwits keep calling T3s T2s over here as well (coz they're Type 2s) which is bollocks. Official proof: http://www.t3-infos.de/images/T3-Beweis.gif

Matt
huh?

the date on that letter is 1999,4 years before the T5 came out. Yet its referred to as a T3?

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

clive883 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Moaner Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 13:25
Ok lets get over it, its a T3 or  T3 , who cares. its the last real VW because it has the engine in the back , so its brill. Let just Keep them going. I worked for a VAG body shop inthe 80's that worked directly for VAG in Milton Keynes , we did all the show cars, press fleet, and all the advert cars, polos, golfs , passats and Beetles. you know the ones that were dropped, and went through the floor, over at VAG the Van was Know as the T3 sorry , but who cares My Ones called Charlie.
eatcustard2 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatcustard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 13:28
T 2.5 for meSmile

I have a simple brain
Van less, but not for much longer
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 13:29
Originally posted by clive883 clive883 wrote:

Ok lets get over it, its a T3 or  T3 , who cares. its the last real VW because it has the engine in the back , so its brill. Let just Keep them going. I worked for a VAG body shop inthe 80's that worked directly for VAG in Milton Keynes , we did all the show cars, press fleet, and all the advert cars, polos, golfs , passats and Beetles. you know the ones that were dropped, and went through the floor, over at VAG the Van was Know as the T3 sorry , but who cares My Ones called Charlie.

yeah thats pretty clear...

LOL

Originally posted by clive883 clive883 wrote:

its the last real VW because it has the engine in the back

although thats complete twoddle.

Edited by Tee3 - 27 Jan 10 at 13:30

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 13:31
Originally posted by eatcustard2 eatcustard2 wrote:

T 2.5 for meSmile

why 2.5?

that makes no sense at all.

A T2.5 would be a late bay if anything.

Making the aircooled T3 a T3 and the later T3 a T3.5

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

eatcustard2 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatcustard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 13:51
Originally posted by Tee3 Tee3 wrote:

Originally posted by eatcustard2 eatcustard2 wrote:

T 2.5 for meSmile

why 2.5?

that makes no sense at all.

A T2.5 would be a late bay if anything.

Making the aircooled T3 a T3 and the later T3 a T3.5

I like to be controversialLOL
Van less, but not for much longer
Mzwo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mzwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 16:02
Originally posted by Tee3 Tee3 wrote:

huh?

the date on that letter is 1999,4 years before the T5 came out. Yet its referred to as a T3?

hm. good point, well made. possibly a reference to internal jargon, rather than official diction?

Ermm

whatever.

Big smile
JB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 16:13
There's some more fun with the swear filter, I remember during a discussion on fitting bonded windows to t4's the well known industrial sealant Single cab pick upflex (S I K A) causing amusement.. Are there any others? 
If it ain't broke - fix it till it is..
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 17:29
yes.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 17:35
Originally posted by JB JB wrote:

There's some more fun with the swear filter, I remember during a discussion on fitting bonded windows to t4's the well known industrial sealant Single cab pick upflex (S I K A) causing amusement.. Are there any others? 

SIKA is another one.

Its made up nonsense.
Stemming from peoples lack of understanding of what a DOKA is.

Doppel Kabine. Double Cabin.

Simple?

So of course a Single Cabin becomes a....

SIKA?????
Why?????
Its either a SICA if youre going to make up a name in English, or an EIKA if youre going to do the same in German

Or to anyone with any sense, its a pickup.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Mzwo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mzwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 17:38
want to keep it German?

call it a "Pritsche".

No, really.
Smile
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 17:53
french filth ?

Edited by nic - 27 Jan 10 at 17:54
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 18:09
thats a silly name for a pickup...

unless its  Peugeot of course

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Mzwo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mzwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 10 at 18:34
beg pardon?

no, seriously. That's what they're called. Honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>