The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Battery/Cool box seat***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Battery/Cool box seat***
    Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 14:02
Finally finish my new Leisure battery fitment in it's new box come seat come coolbox container..

My van is used for Motocross so I wanted somewhere to sit while getting changed..

Give a bit of storage also and neatly contains my leisure battery and coolbox..

My new AGM totally sealed leisure battery... Better than the leaky acid one I had under the passenger seat..

Coolbox in place with a little room for some other odds and sods....

The lid of the box will eventually get some pockets put on it. So I can keep tear offs, goggle lens, gloves etc in a easy place..
Having a handy place to sit when changing is gonna be such a bonus while at the track...

Hopefully the Fiamma Awning turns up tomorrow so I can fit that ready for Saturday's first ride of the year...
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 14:52
Gonna need ventilation for the cool box.....
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
Digs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 14:58
It has got ventilation....... Tongue

For coolbox and battery........
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 18:27
Cool!...LOL
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
Digs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 18:34
Awning turned up today.

Unfortunately it was dented and both end caps were cracked. So they're delivering another one on Monday.
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 10 at 18:41
Originally posted by Digs Digs wrote:

Awning turned up today.

Unfortunately it was dented and both end caps were cracked. So they're delivering another one on Monday.

Who delivered that - "Careful Couriers"?LOL
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
BlackBeltBlakey View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 09:38
Digs that is one fab set up.  I'm thinking of putting something similar together in my van and that's a great inspiration.  Nice one!
2007 130PS SWB Pearl Black Kombi. My Van Blog.
marksabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 10:46
great coolbox setup. that's also one impressive bit of carpeting. My wheel arches didn't come out like that!

what fixings did you use for your panels? I tried to use the standard vw trim fixings but they aren't long enough for my plywood panels
Digs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 11:10
Thanks chaps.

I fixed the panels in place by first working out where I need the screws to be positioned to hold it in place, cut a 10mm slit in the carpet, pull the carpet back and screw the board into place. Once done spray some glue on the open slits and screw head and re-stick the carpet.
It's near on impossible to see once the carpet is back in place.
BlackBeltBlakey View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 11:26
Digs, I'm guessing from that reply you carpetted that yourself, right?   What carpet/glue did you use?

Also, is that a Kombi or panel van?  If it's a Kombi what did you do about the built in seatbelts (see my "Lining my Kombi" thread for why I am interested)?

Cheers
Blakey
2007 130PS SWB Pearl Black Kombi. My Van Blog.
Digs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 13:35
Hi Blakey, yes I did line it myself and it could easily be done over a weekend. I'd say the time consuming part is cutting the ply to the desired shape and fitted the carpet to the metal parts.
It's not really a hard job, bit fiddly but once it's done it's very rewarding.

I got all the lining carpet and adhesive from Roadmark69, a member on here.

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you about the seat belt situation as I only have a panel van.

I would suggest doing it yourself tho.
Saves being without the van and a shed load of money.
Reverend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reverend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 15:03
Originally posted by Digs Digs wrote:

... ready for Saturday's first ride of the year...

Just think how that pristine carpet's going to look on Sunday LOL

Hope ya win, dude!
Digs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 10 at 16:41
That carpet has been in there for over a year now and so far it's kept up well and the van has moved my bike at least once a week during that time.
I have a chequer plate with my Lock-n-load bike clamp attached to it that my bike sits on, when in the van. That gets muddy, but is easily brushed off once dry. Also a Fro workshop mat under that which gets taken out once in a while and jet washed.
No excuse for a dirty van even if you do a dirty sport.   
 Post Reply Post Reply