The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just bought my first Syncro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just bought my first Syncro
    Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 19:29
After owning a 25 westy for the last 3 years and using it for weekends away with the family I've upgraded this year to this.

It's a 2.1 Aussie import with LPG and I'm wondering if there's anything I can add to it to make it a bit more ecconomic or low maintenance...was wondering if a de-coupler would be a good start?

Any suggestions?
Living the dream...
green manalishi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green manalishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 19:42
Should be economical enough on LPG.

A decouper is a peace of mind thing, and depends on your mileage on motorway type roads. Equally a good VC will do nearly the same job.

I would just start going over everything, as everything will benefit from a good clean and re-grease. Do you gearbox oils and re grease your CV and that will help. Get the 2.1 tuned up properly, and learn to do as much your self as you can. Reliability is only a real problem if you cant fix it at the road side.

By the way, nice looking syncro, what is the history and spec. Like the winch.

It's not cornish petes van is it, that was a trakka.
1991 2.1 DJ 16" Factory Hightop camper
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 19:50
Welcome on board chap. I trust you, like the rest of us, have taken the Syncro vows?

1. Poverty - if you own one you will remain skint irrespective of how much you spend trying to put it right.
  2. Chastity - you be laying under this more than you'll be laying on your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend or under husband/boyfriend/girlfriend* think that covers everyone except Jason K LOL baaa!
  3. Modesty - you have the greatest 4x4 vehicle in the world but you will not be able to say so for fear of retribution by the LROC
  4. Silence - if you drive it with MTs on you will be deaf in a fortnight, what?
Cheers, Paul.

Edited by rogerthecat - 18 Jan 10 at 19:51
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Rusty Dubnuts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 20:05
Yes, it's Cornish Petes.  I picked it up on Sunday and promised to keep it well, it's had a good life so far.  History is 2 owners from new, both ownered it for 10 years, just over the 100K Km, 2.1 with LPG fitted and a Trakka conversion with all the awnings etc still present.

As for the Syncro vows - I'm familiar with the way of life. So far I've had around 15 Beetles (it's hard to keep count nowadays but still use one for work), 3 Bay window campers, 3 Karmann ghias, currently rebuilding a Volksrod Buggy and have a T3 Westy and a 2.6 SA Multivan...realy need to sell the later two as the Dilligaf replaces them both - lol.  So, poverty - yes, Chastity - tick, Modesty - I'll try to help the LROC out of the ditch when I can, Silence - sounds like my old 1914 JMR Beetle :-)
Living the dream...
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 20:43
Get out and use it, you will find a thing or two to spend your dosh on soon enough like Wink 

jed
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
''We fuck like monkeys, yes?''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 21:06
Good on ya fella, welcome to the club, get the drinks in quick while you still have the £!!! Thumbs Up
The bigger the Orange, the bigger the peel.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 21:30
Hiya Cliff,
I still think we're over due a beer or so with Duxford Andy, St Ives Andy aren't we?..while I still have the ££.  Although there is a Splitters meet at the Lazy Otter this Thursday if you're interested?
Living the dream...
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
''We fuck like monkeys, yes?''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 21:50
I'll try and get there, i'll be in the syncro so keep an eye out for me, will you be in the new beast?
The bigger the Orange, the bigger the peel.
vlux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
' Jeffy '

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 10 at 23:24
If it wasnt a genuine Trakka id say get that monstrosity off it that's hanging off the front, should help with your MPG. LOL

In all seriousness though, what a great, individual van. Thumbs Up
Alan Hayes - Campervan Culture
e:al@campervanculture.com
m: 07967 010140

WWW.CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 10 at 08:29
Good looking van with some individual touches.
Wheels are fairly cool.

Could you give us all a rundown on what a Trakka is?

Welcome to the Brick-yard. Looking forward to seeing in action.

MG
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 10 at 18:45
Originally posted by rogerthecat rogerthecat wrote:

1. think that covers everyone except Jason K LOL baaa!

your still a twat!!

and getting further and further towards "special" camping all the timeWink
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 10 at 19:17
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

your still a twat!! 
and getting further and further towards "special" camping all the timeWink

Hug From the all night party animals LOL
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
The BCE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The BCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 10 at 19:49
Enjoy! I am totally gutted to be having to sell mine Cry

Cheers,

Ben

1992 Syncro Camper RHD 2.1 MV
SOLD - Deposit taken
vlux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
' Jeffy '

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 10 at 22:01
Trakka is an Australian camper conversion company who made specific camper conversions for import T3's

http://www.trakka.com.au/
Alan Hayes - Campervan Culture
e:al@campervanculture.com
m: 07967 010140

WWW.CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 10 at 07:21
Thanks for the link vlux, I've also joinded the T3 Syncro club in Austrailia seeing as they live with this style conversion already;

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/

Proven very usefull so far as they have all the updated wiring diagrams as the original conversion uses a standart car battery charger in the cupboard to charge the auxillary battery when conected to the mains !

Cliff - yep, looking at taking the new aquasition and planning to be there about 8.
Living the dream...
Andi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 10 at 14:22
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Dubnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 10 at 17:55
Trakka ia an Ausi conversion company who did the T3s a few years back.  Mine was bought brand new by a Brit, taken for a drive round while he was on holiday then he liked it so much he shipped it back.  It's first yearly service was done in Exeter, UK.  It doesn't look like it's been off-road since and I think it's possibly the only one in the UK, anyone know of any others out there?

Had the chance to take a few phots today :-)
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

In travel mode;

Buddy seat fitted.

Dash mounted air-con.

Camping mode.

With rear mounted shower J

Cupboard space.

Front and rear awnings with side skirt to stop drafts.

Winch Kit.

Just realised I completely failed to get shots of the roof raised L Must do this when I get chance to put test the awnings as well.

Living the dream...
taigagreen View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 10 at 09:01
It looks brilliantly campable.
Tage is my name :D
Too many T3's...
Les Harris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 01:06
Trakka made a camping conversion in Australia (Sydney, New South Wales) during the life of the T3.  It was available in several levels.  This one would have been the Bronco (conversion name) Gold (level), which was the top level.  Even this came with further extras, solar panels for example.  It was very good but ferociously expensive at the time.  Trakka makes conversions for the T4 and T5, still good and still ferociously expensive.
I have a T3 Syncro with this same conversion.
Les Harris
Syncro_T3_Australia
Syncro up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncro up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 10 at 12:54
Love that buddy seat up front. Often wondered about doing this. it would be a great addition my set up for our family of three.
Life is like a toilet roll...

The closer it get to the end, the faster it goes.

'87 RHD 2.1 Syncro Moonraker

'91 RHD AAZ Syncro Single cab pick up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>