FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's my front towing eye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's my front towing eye?
    Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 21:52
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

anyone know where you can get a towing eye as i havent got any jack or eye with my van

Ya dont need one, just hook it to the bumper like the bloke in that videoLOL

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Tim the gas View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 21:48
Anyone know where you can get a new towing eye, rear bumper and rear panel
for one of those cars !!LOLLOLLOL

Still rolling around on the floor laughing at that one.Thumbs Up
2004 T30 174-AXE- CELTIC MAPPED TO 228 BHP - LWB TORNADO RED PANEL VAN
gadget View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 20:24
anyone know where you can get a towing eye as i havent got any jack or eye with my van
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 19:59
Still cracks me up and I must have seen it ten times. Big smile  And there's worse on there...... unbelievable.  Only in America!
2004 2.5 174
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 18:31
that was funny!!
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 18:16
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

Don't do this EXB- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMi0yAarjEM  You have to watch it right to the end...... LOL

Never mind "LOL", I was on the floor laughing at that one!! 

OTFL LOL
ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 18:09
Originally posted by Delfhill Delfhill wrote:

With mine you take off the offside foglight surround which should reveal a threaded hole in a steel bracket. I believe it might be a reverse thread, ie screw in anticlockwise. The towing eye itself, packaged with the jack then screws into that. Does this mean you are about to get towed out into the big wide world again for provisions?!

Thanks mate, much appreciated, I'll examine it closer, I reckon mine will be the same as yours.

No plans to get out onto the road anytime very soon, but just planning ahead!  The farm track is now deeply rutted snow frozen rock hard so even the 4x4 slides about a bit.  Trying to figure out how to do a car share with Mrs ECB's RAV4 but she needs it for work and I need to carry all my tools and two spaniels each day, so a bit of a tricky one!
mildu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mildu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 17:58
WTF......great vid....Clap well done mister yankClap
'57 130 T30
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 16:20
Don't do this EXB- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMi0yAarjEM  You have to watch it right to the end...... LOL
2004 2.5 174
Delfhill View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 14:03
With mine you take off the offside foglight surround which should reveal a threaded hole in a steel bracket. I believe it might be a reverse thread, ie screw in anticlockwise. The towing eye itself, packaged with the jack then screws into that. Does this mean you are about to get towed out into the big wide world again for provisions?!
4Motion 130 window van, medium roof, camper conversion.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 10 at 13:57
Silly question, but when I needed a tow up a slippy slope last week I couldn't find the front towing eye.  I popped out the left and right bumper mouldings (where the foglamps fit) but to no avail.  The area under the front bumper has a plastic belly pan across the whole front.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
 Post Reply Post Reply