The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW Van Centres: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW Van Centres: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    Posted: 26 Dec 09 at 20:06
New for 2010: Name and Shame the Van Centres

......."would you say you were"

very displeased
displeased.
neither pleased or displeased
pleased
very pleased

Answers please For Sales, parts and the workshop

Hat-tip to kawolsky
Silver Whale View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 09 at 20:14
Manchester Van Centre

Sales (2008):   displeased (One salesman), neither pleased or displeased (another)

Parts: Very Pleased

Workshop: N/A   (not used)
rallye dale View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 09 at 21:19
Sales..... Shite

Parts.... OK

Service..... Words cannot describe how bad they are Angry

Believe it or not Manchester Van Centre
My Van..http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic26281&KW=_post196345.html#196345

My Car..http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288209

T30 LWB 2.5 130 REMAPPED 56 PLATE
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 09 at 09:50
Silver Street Barnstaple:-

Sales: [Feb 2009] very displeased [ Arthur has left so must be better now]
Parts:  Very Pleased
Service: Very very Pleased. Can't praise them enough.

Edited by kawolsky - 27 Dec 09 at 09:51
Albal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 09 at 11:12
SMV Commercials Yeovil.

Sales: Nice guy (Malcolm) sold me a van but disappointed with reliability of specific vehicle (gear box 80,000miles, Flywheel 86,000miles). Not his fault but as usual sales men full of promises.

Parts: Never dealt with them but was friendly enough when I enquired about a new bumper.

Service: Throughly impressed. Honored warranty very well - spent a lot of time getting electrical niggles, knocks and clunks fixed.

Even refitted all the plastic and heat shielding for free after I hit several deers on motorway. Straightened and refitted my exhaust (see VW Loders) at no cost.

Were persistent and helpful when I put in a good will claim for gearbox (even though the work was carried out in France) and came out with a £400 rebate from VW. There are two Richards (their actual name; not a bastard! One who has worked there for a long time and a new guy - both are very helpful and friendly.

Only bad thing is the cost when they do make you pay, however after all the free work I think it is worth it.

Loders VW Dorchester:

Sales: No contact.

Parts: Friendly but fairly useless.

Service:
Good: Friendly again and willing to solve problems over the phone despite me not have any relationship with them. Fairly cheep for a Dealer.
Bad: When I ran over deers on motorway they told me I had damaged the catalytic converter and needed a new exhaust (£800!!!!). Con artist.

Edited by Albal - 27 Dec 09 at 11:13
Reverend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reverend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 09 at 16:33
Northants Van centre

Sales & Service:  Very Pleased.

No issues here & would recommend to anyone
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 09 at 17:01
S M G Cowfold.

Service centre very good. Willing to haggle.Clap

Parts willing to give discount.Clap

Would recommend .

Kev.
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
Rod_VW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod_VW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 09 at 18:21

Greenhous Volkswagen Van Centre - Shrewsbury

Sales : Never used

Parts: Very Pleased - Good service from a true VW enthusiast

Workshop: Very Pleased - Good service from a true VW enthusiast

Very unusual to find real VW enthusiasts in a modern dealership who are always willing to listen and help.
Rod,

vwbooks

2013 LWB T32 T5GP 180ps High Roof Self Build
Previously
2011 LWB T5GP
2007 LWB T5
2002 LWB T4
1999 LWB T4
1980 T3
marksabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 09 at 20:40
Eurovans Portslade (originally shoreham)

Sales: no problems

parts: excellent service and friendly

workshop: very good (I thought I heard a strange sound after a service and they were happy to look into it)

DOGSBREATH View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
gok wan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGSBREATH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 09 at 22:13
Breeze VW Southampton

Just good at everyfink, and they phone after each visit to check on their service. Still VW Prices though.
Delfhill View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 09 at 22:15
West Yorkshire Van Centre, sales, service and parts all very good in my experience, recommended.
4Motion 130 window van, medium roof, camper conversion.
Builder Jay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Builder Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 09 at 23:19
JCB Sittingbourne, Kent.

Good sales, good for parts, having service soon. Let you know!!!

Recommended so far.
Mike_T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 09 at 08:38
Heritage Westbury (formerly Oval)

Sales... back in 2004 when I bought the van new, this was the best buying experience I have ever had (way better than BMW and Honda dealers!). Nothing was too much trouble, and they were very happy and enthusiastic about retrimming and painting bits for me. (When I asked the same of Heritage Bristol, they never even bothered to come back with prices, and looked at me like I had three heads when I told them what spec I wanted!)

Service... Perfect, great communications, and nothing is too much trouble. You certainly get the feeling that they are working for you, rather than the usual 'couldn't give a monkeys' attitude of other dealers.

Parts... perfect.

Bodyshop... the painting of the Caravelle bumpers, etc, was all handled by service, and once again, perfect!

It takes me over an hours drive to get to Heritage Westbury, and I wouldn't entertain taking the van anywhere else!
04 reg T30 174ps, raven blue. AmD 205bhp remap since new, lowered, ABT AR19 alloys, modded to excess :-)
'03 E46 M3 Avus Blue, Champagne leather, but not pampered like the van ;-)
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 09 at 15:56
Colbornes Guilford:-
Sales.... shit[feb 2009]dont waste your time.
Parts.....neither pleased or displeased [Vw prices etc]
Service...The most incompetant [2005] service department i've dealt with. Eventually took van to Cordwallis Maidenhead to have the DMF replaced and radio fixed.

Cordwallis Maidenhead
Sales [Feb 2009] not at all flexible. Too many customers!
Parts.....neither pleased or displeased [Vw prices etc]
Service.... Very very Pleased. Can't praise them enough.

Sinclair VW centre Swansea.
Sales [feb 2009] First class service. Willing to negotiate. Efficient and  Polite.I  Travelled 220 miles to buy my current van from them. No complaints at all. They even filled the tank with deisel, free of charge, without me asking.
Parts... Very please. they gave me some free monster mats!
Service...very pleased. fitted my cruise control. everything put back properly and van was clean on collection.

Silver Whale View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 09 at 10:46
Feb 2010 is just round the corner; VW will again honour its best Van Centres. Until then, here's Feb 2009...  

VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES HONOURS TOP VAN CENTRES

Submitted by: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles

Friday, 13 February 2009

Page 1

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk) is pleased to announce the winners of its Awards of Excellence 2009 from across its nationwide network of dedicated VW Van Centres. The annual awards, which are presented at a gala dinner in London on Saturday and hosted by televisionsports presenter Steve Rider, recognise the achievements of the top-performing Volkswagen Van Centres(http://www.vwvancentres.co.uk/) over the previous year in eight key business categories. There are also accolades for the overall winners from three leagues of comparable-sized Van Centres. The winners of the eight awards from the following key business categories are:

Customer Service: Winner for the 2nd year running: Martins Van Centre (Basingstoke, Hants). Runners-up:

Breeze Van Centre (Poole), Robinsons Van Centre (Norwich).

Aftersales: Joint winners: Listers (Coventry) Van Centre and Gilder Van Centre (Sheffield). Runners-up:

Heritage Volkswagen Van Centre (Westbury, Wiltshire), Volkswagen Van Centre (Edinburgh).

Used Vehicles: Winner: Volkswagen Van Centre (Manchester).

Runners-up: Volkswagen Van Centre (Lancashire), Taunton Van Centre (Somerset).

People Development: Winner: Harper and Hebson Van Centre (Cumbria). Runners-up: Cordwallis Van Centre

(Heathrow, Middlesex), Gilder Van Centre (Sheffield).

Marketing: Winner: Eurovans (Eastbourne). Runners-up: Cordwallis Van Centre (Heathrow, Middlesex),

Gilder Van Centre (Sheffield).

Finance and Insurance: Winner: Citygate Colindale Van Centre (London).

Runners-up: Eurovans (Eastbourne), Vindis Van Centre (Huntingdon, Cambs).

Fleet: Winner: Volkswagen Van Centre (West Yorkshire). Runners-up: Volkswagen Van Centre (Manchester),

Heron Van Centre (Newark, Notts).

Lifestyle: Winner: Southern Motor Group, (Tonbridge, Kent). Runners-up: Carrs Van Centre (Exeter),

Volkswagen Van Centre (Manchester).

CONTACT DETAILS For more information, please visit www.volkswagenpressoffice.co.uk or contact John Rawlings, Press and Public Relations Manager, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles on 01908 601478, 07872 379544 or john.rawlings@vwcv.co.uk

kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 08:47

maybe we can e-mail john rawlings this thread when a few more people have posted comments.

surfdub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 09:44
VW Van Centre Edinburgh [Penicuik]

Sales; Don't know

Service; Very Good. When I first bought my kombi, these guys serviced it and did a cam belt change for me. There was a dodgy driveshaft which should have been covered by the warranty from the indy garage I bought the van from but they [the indy garage] didn't want to know about it. Long story short; the guys at VW went the extra mile to fight my corner against the indy car dealer, and they ended up getting them to pay for the driveshaft. Result!

I'm on longlife servicing so I'll let you know how they are again in April...

Parts; I've only ever needed small bits and pieces, but they seem to know their stuff.

I'd recommend them.
1.9PD AXB 104PS T30 Kombi 2004, Reflex Silver
TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 10:57
Whilst I admit I've never asked anything particularly challenging of them, I've always felt well treated by Sales, Parts and Service at Manchester Van Centre. They've invariably been friendly, helpful and well organised, and they've always done what they said they'd do when they said they'd do it. Based on the other (non commercial) local dealerships I've used, the way I've been dealt with there has matched BMW and bettered Audi.
Dusty Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 14:41

service.... very helpfull service, usual VW price but worth the extra... had a warranty issue and they solved it 1st visit + gave me a courtesy van to use ( Caddy though !!! )

Parts... Not used, so can't comment... well appart from some chrome side bars.
Sales... Bought the kombi from them and very happy with the service,,, got a craking deal on the current T5 kombi, bought it as I really like the 2.5.

parking is a bit of a pain so when it's in for any work, I think I will use there collection / delivery service...
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 15:01
Who are they/them Dan?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>