The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too Good To Be True......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 09 at 22:23
Originally posted by jef_mp jef_mp wrote:

The link in the 1st post isn't working anymore - hopefully its been removed

Yeah, you`re right, its gone

So did you sell it then?LOL

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 08:10
Seems it aint sold at all - "Matt" has contacted me again after I emailed him asking where and when I could view, (My prediction earlier in this thread was close enough):

Hi Danny,

The van is in perfect condition, tires are 80% good, MOT-ed up to Feb. 2010, no accidents, no hidden issues (please HPI check the VRM), full service history with all bills, no modifications all factory fitted, still road taxed for this year, VAT already payed.

Our deal will run secured and insured by AirCargo Express CDS www.aircargo-express.eu.com , they will hold your funds during van delivery and inspection period (5 days for inspection).
If by any reason, you will decline your aquisition, AirCargo Express CDS will refund you in full and I will get back my shipping expenses from van insurance.
In order to start the official transaction I need to know the shipping address for AirCargo Express. As soon as I have it, I'll start the official procedure and ECDS service will notify you about this.

Kind regards,
Matt

Edited by energysolutions - 17 Nov 09 at 08:11
jef_mp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef_mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 11:54
It must be genuine if AirCargo Express CDS will be holding the money LOL
2004 Raven Blue T30 174
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 13:28

It must be genuine if AirCargo Express CDS will be holding the money LOL

Rock solid
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 14:10

"Matt" has assured me that viewing the van is not necessary as it is in perfect condition, also included in the deal is a 5 day inspection period - result or what!LOL

Hi Danny,

I would love to close the deal in person with you but this time I can`t because I am busy with job duties in Italy, I have many meetings in Bari, Bologna and  Florence.
You will get 5 days inspection period prior your decision to buy the van, but first you have to complete the deposit to Air Cargo Express CDS or eBay Motors as a third party.
In order to start the official transaction I need to know the shipping address for AirCargo Express. As soon as I have it, I'll start the official procedure and ECDS service will notify you about this.

Kind regards,
Matt

Reverend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reverend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 15:17
I'd be inclined to suggest you're willing to Easyjet over & drive home, will bring local currency in your pocket..
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 17:30
Ask him if he'd be interested to help you get £850,000,000 out of the country for an ex-govt official friend of yours. 
Could you post his e mail address or phone number as i'd love to wind him up. 
Poo IS funny.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 19:34
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

Ask him if he'd be interested to help you get £850,000,000 out of the country for an ex-govt official friend of yours. 
Could you post his e mail address or phone number as i'd love to wind him up. 

I like your style!LOL

There ya go: mtpnll@yahoo.co.uk
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 19:38
Originally posted by Reverend Reverend wrote:

I'd be inclined to suggest you're willing to Easyjet over & drive home, will bring local currency in your pocket..

I have done just that - twice!

He has tried to put me off by insisting he is too busy with work (I smell something)

Do Easyjet do flights to Nigeria? 
jef_mp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef_mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 19:53
I'm tempted to e-mail him using my real e-mail address telling him i'm interested in buying it - wonder if he'd notice its my identity he's using
2004 Raven Blue T30 174
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 20:00

I'm tempted to e-mail him using my real e-mail address telling him i'm interested in buying it - wonder if he'd notice its my identity he's using

I laughed when I read thatLOL

Chance are this donkey is so daft he wouldnt

Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 20:20
I have emailed him. Here, for you all to see is a copy.

Hello my friend,and a good day to you. My name is Mpwengay Ksanga, the very reverend minister of the Kuntuku Church of Nigeria. I see that you have a wonderful Volkswagen van for sale. My parishioners and I have been saving for many years to acquire such a wonderful vehicle to help us spread our dear Lords word around the townships. We have managed to save up six thousand of your British Pounds and would like to buy your vehicle. If you could arrange for the vehicle to be left at the docks at Tilbury at your earliest convenience, I will send one of my flock to collect it. If you would be so kind to let me know any additional costs incurred in the transportation of the wonderful Vlokswagen vehicle to Tilbury docks, I will ensure that my colleague brings this with him. I would come myself but I have important meetings with government officials for the next few weeks. Actually, I wonder if you would be so kind as to help one of these officials with a matter of national importance. If I were to place in your bank account (only temporarily) £850,006000, and then you give my colleague back the £850,000000 in cash, I would be pleased to give you say £100 for your trouble. No no no no. Forgive me for even suggesting such an imposition. Please inform me when it is convenient to purchase the wonderful Volkswagen vehicle. Your servant The Very Reverend Mpwengay Ksanga
Poo IS funny.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 20:39
I`m gonna play him a little more and then try him for a swop:

This is my standard response:

I am a little strapped for cash at the moment so I wondered if you would consider swapping it for a 3 wheeled van? I have included a picture of my brother and I with the van.

It comes complete with go faster stripes and sunstrip.

It has done 28304756284 miles and was serviced religously every 3495637399930 miles. Do not let the miles put you off because I can add or remove as many as you like to your "desired" mileage.

I cut the sunroof into it myself and it works well while there is no rain. A yellow mac is supplied in case of rain.

It will do 70 MPH but you do need a cliff to achieve this. 

The rear window has a small crack but I have sucessfully repaired it with selotape.

It is a little rusty but you do get used to the hole in the floor and remember where not to touch.

Optional extras include sat nav, steel wheels, speedometer, air con and cigarette lighter. Window wipers are available at extra cost.

This is a very reluctant sale and we only sell this fine vehicle so my brother can finally realise his dream of becoming a woman and the money from the van will pay for the operation.

I could take your van as part exchange and we could negotiate how much money you will have to give me.

Please let me know if we have a deal

Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 21:03
Isn't the internet great!
Poo IS funny.
smidsy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smidsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 22:18
LOLLOL
Clap
Thumbs Up

your killing me you lot.

keep it up!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 23:44
Well, I sent my proposition about a potential swap and this is what I got back:

Hi,

I need some cash for bills so I cannot have the accept the swap with your nice car, the good news is that I can hold the vn for you one week if you are keen to buy it.

Matt

He`s either incredibly stupid or very persistant...........

Edited by energysolutions - 17 Nov 09 at 23:46
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 23:50
He hasn't replied to my email.Cry
Poo IS funny.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 00:07
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

He hasn't replied to my email.Cry

Yeah but you were trying to scam himLOL

Ok - here is my reply:

Hi,

Is there no way we can sort out a part exchange for these two vehicles?

I may be able to reduce the price of my vehicle since Bruno (my pet rottweiler cross) has been living in the rear and he is not yet house broken (It would benefit from a clean)

The last time I attempted to clean it I almost lost my glass eye and have not tried since

Also, the vehicle is not as keen to go round left corners as right corners so with these defects in mind I would consider a straight swop

I am currently awaiting a shipping quote from  "AirCargo Express CDS"  and provided you are agreeable I will ship the vehicle to your door and give you a 5 day inspection period

Let me know if you are interested as I have had other interested parties in this unique vehicle

Regards,

Danny

gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 07:21
Hey, at least his written english is pretty good.  It used to be the poor spelling and grammar gave the game away.  You've got to give them credit for improving their spiel ;)

It must be worth their while, they keep doing these scams so they must be getting a return on their time ie at least some suckers are falling for their scams .

Edited by gregozedobe - 18 Nov 09 at 07:22
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 08:40
Another quality thread. Almost choked on my tea twice!!
Was going to enquire about the van for a laugh but couldn't improve on the 2 offers already made.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>