The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westfalia high top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westfalia high top
    Posted: 03 Nov 09 at 23:23
Hi all,

I have a white Atlantic high top and I cannot decide whether to colour code the planks and bumpers or not? I have seen photos of colour coded pop tops and think that they look spot on! I am concerned that colour coding might make the high top look "frumpy" ??
Are there any other Westy high top owners with photos of their colour coded vans please ?Partically white vans !

Radman     Thumbs Up
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 09 at 23:32
Jason K's

Edited by Steve B - 03 Nov 09 at 23:32
radman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 09 at 20:47

That doesn't look too bad at all. I guess it is running on 15 / 16 inch rims and has been lowered some? My high top is on original 14 inch VW alloys (Carat style) and standard height to protect the under slung gas tank. Does anyone have photos of similar, colour coded?

Thanks Radman   Thumbs Up

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 09 at 18:20
yeah its on -50mm avos with 16 inch porsche rims.

i prefer the bumpers and planks coded. i think it sets it off nicely

at -50mm theres no need to worry re catching tanks etc i have never even come close to catching it!!!

heres another couple of angles for you....

Edited by jason k - 11 Nov 09 at 21:33
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

radman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 09 at 23:24
Hi thanks for the extra info / pics. What is the ride like with the reduced ride height ? How hard compared to original set up? Presumably better cornering e.g. roundabouts!

Radman
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 10:34
ride is obviously firmer than standard but even then its not harsh. its does corner rather well and does not get deflected on the motorway by winds / passing lorries like my old hi top did.
lowering does make em nicer to drive in general.
when i collected this it was a seriously windy day, i px d my old karmann cheetah for it. On the journey to collect it the cheetah was changing lanes on its own due the severity of the wind!! the winds (whilst still as strong) were not noticiable on the return leg!!

see www.brickwerks.co.uk for quality kits
aberdare. south wales

smithy123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 18:07
I love your van Jason.
This is my red California hi-top with colour coded bumpers and planks. It is standard height and has 14" carat alloys.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 18:16
thats a sweet california you got there!!!Thumbs Up

the colour coded planks do set em off

your hi top looks proper shiney too!!
aberdare. south wales

smithy123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 09 at 18:42
Cheers Jason, the shiney high top takes some polishing! As the paint is faded (like most red vans) I'm getting the roof repainted over the winter to freshen it up.
radman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 10:00
Hi Smithy,

Thanks for the photo of your california, I agree it looks good! Do you have any other picks from different angles - side, back and front please. My van is at the body shop having the usual repair behind the fridge. Its bumpers and planks are going to be refurbed, but I am still deciding which way to go satin black or to colour code?

Radman  Thumbs Up
smithy123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 09 at 10:09
Here ya go:
Colour code FTWWink
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 09 at 20:52
Strictly not a westy but a westy roof anyway,

jed

Edited by jed the spread - 18 Nov 09 at 20:55
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 09 at 17:46
no side planks tho jed as per the original requsetLOLLOL!!!

i think you just wanted to put the video up really didnt youWinkTongue
aberdare. south wales

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 18:15
side planks on a syncroWacko

jase wash your mouth out.LOL
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 09 at 05:49
Oh yeh, silly meĀ LOL

jed
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
 Post Reply Post Reply